looking for a cheap and good ad/spyware eliminator

I recommend these 3 programs. I use them in conjunction with each other and they do a pretty good job of cleaning out all the crap that downloads itself onto my computer.

Spybot Search and Destroy
Ad Aware
CWShredder

They're all free AFAIK, so just search for 'em on google and you should be able to find plenty of links to download from.

[quote name='StealthySeal'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']One-two combo: Ad-Aware and Spybot.[/quote]

2nded[/quote]

3rded

I suggest you drop Kazza and get WinMX. It has no spyware but it will tkae alittle more effort (and you have to share files or no one will share with you)

[quote name='O.D.D'][quote name='StealthySeal'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']One-two combo: Ad-Aware and Spybot.[/quote]

2nded[/quote]

3rded

I suggest you drop Kazza and get WinMX. It has no spyware but it will tkae alittle more effort (and you have to share files or no one will share with you)[/quote]

4therd or how ever u say that. also get yahoo toolbar and kazza lite

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']For my kazaa program, need something to kill off some or all the spy/adware it leaves me.[/quote]

Like WSB said, Ad-Aware and SpyBot are great programs. SpyHunter is good too, so I hear.

I'm not really a fan of of P2P (cough), but Shareaza is good because it fuses Bit-Torrent, Gnutella, E-Donkey, and its own Shareaza network together into one program.

[quote name='Tennisjon2002'][quote name='O.D.D'][quote name='StealthySeal'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']One-two combo: Ad-Aware and Spybot.[/quote]

2nded[/quote]

3rded

I suggest you drop Kazza and get WinMX. It has no spyware but it will tkae alittle more effort (and you have to share files or no one will share with you)[/quote]

4therd or how ever u say that. also get yahoo toolbar and kazza lite[/quote]

5thed!

[quote name='Missingdata']Kazaa.... ppl still use it????

didn't Kazaa die after getting sue?[/quote]

Well, when you don't LOSE the suit filed against you, you don't tend to get shut down :)

I still use kazaa, seems to be running a little thin lately though, I haven't found anything better to use...

no thats not enought, kazaa's spy ware if removed, you cannot use the program anymore. needly to say, you need to uninstall kazaa completely and install KAZAA LITE. its a redone version of the same program with all the spy ware removed and in working condition.

p.s. you'll get less hits on winmx but its a hell of a program.

also remember to update spybot search & destroy, and adaware before you run. and click immunize and block bad cookies automaticly. that function is pretty much like the yahoo toolbar, but without having to see the tool bar and that ugly Y!

Use..

Ad-Aware
Spybot: Search & Destroy
SpywareGuard
SpywareBlaster

And update them when you run them, and you should be safe, that's all the stuff I use..along with Norton 2004 and AVG free and Kerio Personal Firewall

bread's done
Back