The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp00ge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
This sale is now good online and in-store until 10/29. Like last year, you cannot order across different price groups, but this year, at least you can mix & match among the different consoles. You will have more flexibility if you head down to Toys R Us stores.
Use the links below to see the eligible games for the online sale and don't forget to use the appropriate coupon code.

GameCube, PS2, or Xbox games priced at $19.99
Code: RTXB2G3VG999
GameCube, PS2, or Xbox games priced at $29.99
Code: RTXB2G3V2999
GameCube, PS2, or Xbox games priced at $39.99
Code: RTXB2G3V3999
GameCube, PS2, or Xbox games priced at $49.99
Code: RTXB2G3V4999

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's right! This is it boys and girls!

I already have my pickings set aside. :D

And on a side note, for those who are interested, the big B1G1 board game sale starts this sunday.

EDIT: From everything I've been able to divulge from higher ups, it will be just like last year's. XBox, Gamecube and PS2 only. Sorry guys...

Through the 39th? LOLlerskatezZ1!1

Anyways, I'm not sure what I'll be getting with this... I should definitely find my games out soon, because I won't have a lot of time once the sale hits...on the 39th! ROFLcopter!!1

Yes, I hate me, too. :D

Oops! Finger slipped and I didn't double check... topic was fixed.

And as far as DS and PSP goes, I'll try to fish out more info tomorrow.

I'm looking at... Socom III... BF2: MC...and now to pick my almighty FREE game... not sure yet. :/

Soul Freakin Calibur 3 comes out on the 25th, looks like I'll be getting that, Fire Emblem and something else.

This is probably a noob question but does this deal work on preorders (xbox360 games preferably). If not Ill just have to grab Socom 3, KUF Heroes and either Shadow of Colossus or R&C Deadlocked

I'm looking at Socom III, BF2: MC, and probably Warriors. I'm getting Fire Emblem: PoR, and RE4 (PS2) at GR. (I've got them on preorder.) Now to decide whether to preorder Socom 3 and BF2: MC now, or wait and see if I can somehow get an Xbox, Halo 2, and BF2 for that... or spend all my money now on Lunar: DS, Castlevania: DoS, Socom 3, and BF2 for PS2... decisions, decisions. :'( I've got $100 burning a hole in my pocket, but I want an Xbox or a 360! AHH!!! I'm so confused! :(

sweetooth--No, it almost never works on pre-orders... the best you can do is to buy the game, ask for a gift receipt, and then exchange it for another title a week or two later, before the return option expires.

The amount of money I spend on this is going to be directly related to whether or not DS games are included (and to a lesser extent, PSP games)...

Good news, since I've got my eyes on a few games that I've been wanting to pick up.

Farcry Instincts
The Warriors
Burnout Revenge

I would rather take GTA: Liberty City Stories over Burnout, but there's a rumor saying that PSP games won't be included. Shucks.

Reality's Fringe said:
Wonder if they fixed the "Green Tag glitch"... :twisted:

I mentioned it to our Store Director today and he thought it was pretty cool, and to quote him "May as well take advantage of it..." :shock:

IF I decide not to get a 360, I'm going to get Burnout Revenge, SSX On Tour and some either Far Cry: Instincts or Ninja Gaiden Black or KUF: Heroes or Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

does anyone know if they let you exchange games later on? I want Mario Party 7 and Magna Carta: Tears of Blood, but those wont be out until after the sale.

Excellent. I have been waiting for the news of this for awhile. The problem is whether I want to wait until the 23rd to get Fire Emblem or get it on release. I might end up picking Mario Power Tennis, Mario Kart: DD, and Fire Emblem.

last year i got 3 copies of gta:sa and sold two to my friends for like 45$ each so i ended up getting my copy really cheap. I dont really know of any new games coming out that i want alot, ill probably be getting cheaper games, too mnay games to play anyway.

Here's my plan for TRU B2GO Dealz :)

Magna Carta: Tears of Blood
Shining Force Neo with Bonus! (Buy it then Exchange later for Magna Carta) :)
Stella Deus
Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana

I'm thinking Socom 3, Shadow of Coluses,

For the third game oh boy, it could be Shining Force Neo, Wild Arms whatever, Burnout Revenge, or Soul Calibur 3. TOo many to choose.

Oh boy, Burnout Revenge will be mine!! Ironically I picked up Burnout 3 at last year's sale. haha, and I'm feeling that shadow of colussus too. I think someone should start making lists of really hot and highly anticipated games so we all have a better idea of what we should have on our lists. :razz:

Why does everyone want Shadow of the Colossus? Judging by the demo, it had terrible control, and ugly graphics. I guess I just suck though, but I hated it. Definitely a renter for me. :/

[quote name='62t']does anyone know if they let you exchange games later on? I want Mario Party 7 and Magna Carta: Tears of Blood, but those wont be out until after the sale.[/QUOTE]
Yes, that's fine. I did it last year to get Metal Gear Solid 3 since it came out a week or two after the sale was over. Just don't over do it at the same TRU, or they'll wonder about you. :lol: Now to go start making my list of what I want that probably won't be dropping price anytime soon. :twisted: I hate sales that are so tempting.

[quote name='aoLat']Why does everyone want Shadow of the Colossus? Judging by the demo, it had terrible control, and ugly graphics. I guess I just suck though, but I hated it. Definitely a renter for me. :/[/QUOTE]
I think it's one of those games you have to invest time into. I got Ico way back after it came out and thought it was one of THE most enjoyable adventure games to have ever come out (bear in mind this was prior to Prince of Persia) and had awesome graphics (also bear in mind it's on the PS2 so that is a serious accomplishment) and fun gameplay. I enjoyed Ico a whole lot and still have it today without any thought of ebaying it. I can't wait for Shadow of Colossus.

I'm probably not going to get in on this sale, cause I'm going to preorder Socom III and BF2: MC for PS2 at GR, for

I forgot Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil will be out by then. That might work well with Ninja Gaiden Black and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath since they're all $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back