Best way to remove sticker glue?

jshorr

CAGiversary!
Just wondering in your experience what is the best way to remove the glue that's left behind from removing a sticker. Specifically in this case from a GBA box and manual, without damaging them. Your suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

I'd guess, getting a wet towel but I'm really not sure. I've never tried to be so careful with removing stickers.

It probably wouldn't be best for boxess and manuals but Goo Gone works really well for getting rid of stickers and the residue. The other option would be to use a hairdryer and essentially heat up the glue to rid it of its stickiness. This would probably work on the GBA box but for the manual one would have to be careful not to mar the cover with the heat provided by the hairdryer. Still if done skillfully this method works well.

maybe try goo gone, but just put a few drops on the sticer at a time. Hair dryer after that maybe. Try to get an old box and manual and experiemnt.

Price stickers are probably the easiest to take off if you slowly roll it up from the edge. But some sstickers have too much adhesive, so I just end to get as much off as i can without destroying it and use scotch tape to grab the bits that are left.

Guys,

I already took the stickets off - all that's left is the remaining adhesive. I will give the hairdryer method a shot first, carefully, and see how it goes...

Thanks

Cardboard, correct?

Conventionally I have found Acetone has mystical capibilities when it comes to removing stickum. However, don't use it on cardboard (don't ask! I'll cry :cry: ).

I would like to know how to remove stickum from cardboard like this too.

Chris

The chemical products mentioned so far will stay in the cardboard and paper. Your best bet is steam. Only, try and practice with a piece of mail that has a label on it first, since you can easily warp the paper if done incorrectly. For the cardboard I wouldn't worry about warping.

You can use a teapot for concentrated steam.

P.S. -- If you do get some warping, don't worry, just iron the paper in between two pieces of cloth.

I think you're royally Sqaq fu'd. I love these DVD cases that have stickers, Goo Gone and me can make any case look brand spanking new. A GBA box??? Meh, I'd hate to even try. If you're down to just "glue" try Goo Gone sprayed lightly on a paper towel. Just enough to coat your index finger with. I'm willing to bet it would work and not ruin the inkworkd.

Yeah I got the sticket itself off okay, just glue...I'll try these suggestions and let everyone know...

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I think you're royally Sqaq fu'd. I love these DVD cases that have stickers, Goo Gone and me can make any case look brand spanking new. A GBA box??? Meh, I'd hate to even try. If you're down to just "glue" try Goo Gone sprayed lightly on a paper towel. Just enough to coat your index finger with. I'm willing to bet it would work and not ruin the inkworkd.[/quote]

bread's done
Back