Sexiest System Ever! A super-rare Sharp Famicom Twin up for grabs

eegahh

CAG Veteran
If I weren't moving and in need of some cash, there's no way I'd get rid of this thing. It's a bright red Sharp Famicom Twin system, in what appears to be really nice shape. For those of you who don't know, this is a third-party Japanese NES with the rare Famicom Disk System built in. To add to the bizarre factor, the two controllers are hardwired to the system, and rest in slick little holders on the back of the deck. Here's a link to a picture http://hawanja.com/sharp.htm. Mine is identical to the one on the left (from what I hear, the red systems are more rare than the newer black ones)

Here's the one caveat: Since I don't have any Famicom games to test it with, I can't swear that it works. The case is in great shape, and I don't see any reason for it not to work, but of course it is almost 20 years old and well, who knows?

Anyone interested?

I'm extremely interested in this... do yuo have the DC adapter? Also, do Twins use an RF adapter or AV cables? Oh, and give me a general amount you're looking for... $50? $100? $200?

I bid $25 and a NEW UNOPENED copy of Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness on PS2 with my sympathy if you actually play it.

would you be willing to accept trade for that? i would be willing to trade a bunch of stuff for it, then you could sell that stuff if you were looking for money!

Sorry guys, but I can't do any trades since I'm in serious need of cash. As far as the price, well, that's actually a good question. The only price quote I've seen online for one of these is around 250 UKP, which is roughly $375. Of course, since mine is untested, it won't be worth quite that much. I dunno, PM me an offer.

As far as connectors go, Sharp used standard ones, instead of those impossible to find nintendo proprietary ones. It needs a standard 9v AC Adaptor (or so it seems) and any old a/v cables should work just fine. It also has what looks like a gigantic 80's S-video port.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']links dead[/quote]
It worked before... actually, I wanted to buy the Famicom gun from that link as zappers do not work with Famicom :/

eegahh, I'd recommend that you buy a cheap famicom game on Ebay and test the system. You'll be able to ask for more $$ if it's tested, and any potential buyer would be more likely to purchase if they knew it worked. Just my 2 cents.

Good point, Abilyk. I don't suppose anybody knows any import shops in the SF bay area where I could pick one up instead of using ebay?

hey ur in bay area pm me how much and if the price is right i will drive there and pick it up ! i also have plenty of famicom games and disk games !!! thanks !

disk games can actually be downloaded and saved on a standard 1.44 floppy... i wont go into what format it uses but i remember having 3 double row boxes full of them when i was about 8. and the snes ones, ah.. those were the days.. the please insert disc 2, and disc 3 days...

bread's done
Back