Tiger Direct is Dirty

DocBledsoe

CAGiversary!
I ordered a hard drive from Tiger Direct (Maxtor SATA- Refurb). When I got the package, the internal packing had this brown, liquid-shit goo, splattered all over it. To make things worse, there was an empty package of pills inside that the moron who packed it dropped in.

The writing on the back is in spanish or portugeese so I really can't tell what kind of drug it is. It starts with "OXITERACI - " something.

tigdir1.jpg

tigdir2.jpg

tigdir3.jpg

tigdir4.jpg

tigdir5.jpg

On the plus side the drive works. But I probably have bird flu now.

Tiger Direct refused to respond to two of my emails.

were five 1600x1200 pictures necessary.. link 'em instead of embed.. but yeah, that's messed up, I would contact them, that's gross as hell.

dude i wouldnt even touch that thing with gloves on Let alone bare hands... you have no idea what that stuff is it could be puke or even shit and if that person had a diease you could be SOL just touching the package...

maybe they dropped the empty pill bottle in there so you know what type of pills to ask for when you come down with the illness sad to say

Let us know what they plan to do about it. (I would assume you are calling to return/complain...I know I would!)

I suppose I am calling tomorrow. I don't want to return the drive. It works and I like the price. But I still feel like they should offer some sort of retribution on this - but what?

Any ideas on what I should ask for - besides the antidote?

I'd imagine Tiger Direct would atleast offer to reimburse the shipping since the was where the problem was, and I'm sure some complimentary store credit isn't out of the question either. I love their service, I ordered after 5 PM and still got my package at 11 AM the next day with basic shipping rates. Couldn't believe it.

[quote name='TimPV3']I'd imagine Tiger Direct would atleast offer to reimburse the shipping since the was where the problem was, and I'm sure some complimentary store credit isn't out of the question either. I love their service, I ordered after 5 PM and still got my package at 11 AM the next day with basic shipping rates. Couldn't believe it.[/QUOTE]

I hate their service. They ignore emails and pack nasty.

I can't believe you went ahead and actually used that drive. I wouldn't have even touched that shit. But, I would definitely complain and try and get something.

[quote name='DocBledsoe']I still feel like they should offer some sort of retribution on this - but what? Any ideas on what I should ask for - besides the antidote?[/QUOTE]

An excellent question. And the likely reason why they have not responded to your complaint, thus far. They are not likely to have an official policy regarding customer dissatisfaction with the product, when it does not concern product performance, damage to the package, or timeframe of delivery. How would they file your complaint, I wonder?

"This customer is dissatisfied with the item's condition."
"Did he file a request for an RMA?"
"No, he said it works fine."
"Then what the :censored: is his problem?"
"He claims it was....dirty...when he opened the box."
"Dirty??"
"Yeah, he said there was gunk all over it, and an empty box of pills, to boot."
"What the :censored: are those nuts in the warehouse doing?? Well, what the heck does he want US to do about it?"
"He didn't ask for a refund or an exchange. He's just bitching about it."
"Send him the "we regret that you're unhappy" email. Next issue."

[quote name='RBM']An excellent question. And the likely reason why they have not responded to your complaint, thus far. They are not likely to have an official policy regarding customer dissatisfaction with the product, when it does not concern product performance, damage to the package, or timeframe of delivery. How would they file your complaint, I wonder?
"Send him the "we regret that you're unhappy" email. Next issue."[/QUOTE]

I see your point. But your rationale disreguards the public health hazzard that is this package.

What they should file it under is employee negligence that wound up costing us piss poor publicity on many oft read forums like this one. And I am pretty sure, pictures of liquid fecies spackled ontheir packages does not fit under the "any publicity is good publicity".

Speaking of oft read online sites, I posted the situation with pricegrabber.com (since I found this through them). I noticed all the TD ads. Who wants to bet that my post is rejected or buried?

I dislike Tiger Direct as well. Bought a router from them last year. Can't remember exactly how long it took to get here, but it was freaking forever. A month at the very least. No response from customer support at all, and I tried several different ways. Will never order from them again.

Never buy anything from TigerDirect... They're infamous for being absolutely horrible in every concievable way a business could be.

Wow I didn't know of all these problems from Tiger Direct, sounds like another buyritegames (which I wanted to order from but luckily didn't)

I ordered my whole PC from Tiger Direct about 3-4 years ago and the service was great. I didn't actually contact them or anything, but my packages arrived in pristine condition with everything I ordered was looking good. No brown shit on my items.

Glad to say I order a free case from them (after mib) and it came on time and in pristine condition :D

[quote name='cyrix`']holy fuck I just said pristine and so did he, and i never use that word![/QUOTE]

I never use the word pristine either... Whats wrong with our brains?!

I don't see the point of bitching. The item arrived fine, if you didn't like the packaging, don't do business with them in the future. I don't get what your complaint is, other there's gooogy stuff on your package, which does not affect the harddrive.

[quote name='spankmenow420']I don't see the point of bitching. The item arrived fine, if you didn't like the packaging, don't do business with them in the future. I don't get what your complaint is, other there's gooogy stuff on your package, which does not affect the harddrive.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. Would you be happy if you ordered a new computer from me and I took a fat dump all over the tower case? Yeah, it'd still work, but there's a legit complaint there. If I keep shitting on stuff it's going to (eventually) start affecting other product. If you rbing it to their attention, maybe they can correct it in the fututre.

Tiger Direct is notorious for horrible service. They often ship extremely late, will mess up shipments, and cancel orders all the time. I'd post a rating on reseller ratings, although for the most part their reputation already precedes them.

Take it on the chin...you got a hard drive, it works...be grateful you won't have to deal with their "customer service" to get it returned.

thats gross man id put on gloves to take it out after seeing all that thanks for posting from now on ill tell people i dislike to order from them.

:cool:

Finally a response from Tiger. They answered my second email which asked why the hell they didn't answer my first one by stating no first email was ever received.

My guess is pricegrabber or resellerratings referenced the order number and they decided to do something.

wtf? i just got my HDD from TD. i didn't get any pills with mine. luckily i didn't get any senor goo either, but damn i would like some south of the border good times.

time for a road trip to see our friendly pharmacists.

[quote name='AkiraKenshin']man, the HD works~ spend your time on sth else and get a life[/QUOTE]

I hope your next package has dried, liquid shit on it along with an empty pill package of medicine to reduce herpes outbreaks. You sir are an uncaring boob.

Success!!!

10/11/05 2:53 PM
Dear Valued Customer:

This is absolutely unacceptable and not the norm for Tigerdirect. I have refunded all your shipping charges for this mistake. Please contact me directly if you would like to exchange the drive or return it for a refund. We will cover all shipping costs.

[quote name='DocBledsoe']Success!!!

10/11/05 2:53 PM
Dear Valued Customer:

This is absolutely unacceptable and not the norm for Tigerdirect. I have refunded all your shipping charges for this mistake. Please contact me directly if you would like to exchange the drive or return it for a refund. We will cover all shipping costs.[/QUOTE]
That's really good to hear I have been looking at some stuuff there to buy, but after I saw this post last week I have been skeptical.

bread's done
Back