CAGcast #7: RoboCAGs

"Micro"

That Gamefly ad was really effective, cause it's true! It should have included a scratched up, disc-only copy from Gamestop to complete the effect.

After seven shows I got an official title, :) after 107 I get the CAG watch, well its not really a watch its more like 2 pieces of string on a piece of round cardboard, thanks Mr. D

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I'll try and listen to this later. And eventually I'll listen to 1-5. :)[/QUOTE]

Grabbing it now. Thanks!

[quote name='Saucy Jack']You know, the CAGCast is getting an awful lot of advertisement everywhere.[/QUOTE]Like where?

[quote name='cyrix`']Maybe its too early but its not updating on my podcasts for itunes...[/QUOTE]If you hit the update button in the top right corner of your Podcast page in iTunes, it should download. Not sure why its not on the main itunes page yet. I hate this RSS feed stuff.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']There's a podcast search engine on Yahoo, and it's listed there. Also, it even popped up once when I was searching for random podcasts. I should've taken a print screen of it.

Also, someone posted a thread where they were trying to get the word out about the CAGCasts:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69770[/QUOTE]
That stuff doesn't count. That's not real publicity. Getting written about on Slashdot (and to a lesser extent Joystiq) would be big time.

[quote name='CheapyD']If you hit the update button in the top right corner of your Podcast page in iTunes, it should download. Not sure why its not on the main itunes page yet. I hate this RSS feed stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it was there when I updated my PodCasts in iTunes this morning.

Oh, and if you want a good contrast, listen to the 8bitmemories PodCast. It's just some dude that has a list of NES games that he reads and then makes comments on. On the latest cast, he talked about how bad BurgerTime and Castlevania are.

After listening to 8bitmemories, I truly appreciate how good the CAGcasts are.

To save everyone from having to read through the news article that I posted here is the link:
http://podcasts.yahoo.com

They even have a tutorial on how to create your own podcasts.

To find cheapassgamer.com CAGcast just type in the search cheapassgamer.com or cheapassgamer. Since it is the beta they actually only have the first 6 CAGcast at the moment.

Great show guys, I just finished listening to it on my train ride to work. (And as soon as I get to work I check the site for deals. CAG OVERload!)

I would still love to hear game soundbites, where CAG'ers try to guess the music or sound effects from a game. Whoever guesses the correct game would have their names mentioned in the next Cagcast.

Also, how about a 'pricedrop of the week' segment? A few weeks ago Sly 2 dropped to twenty. Everyone should pick that one up...

Wombat, I felt that 007 was too much like the last game, while SSX at least had a different presentation and a choice of skiing. I've managed to set a string of fireworks off in the demo.

"Serve the public trust, protect the innocent, uphold the law."

Another good cagcast fellas. I agree with wombat, if you have a DS but don't have castlevania you should be shot, or whipped to death. I don't see what the big deal with Gun is though considering it's coming to xbox and ps2 also. I definitly won't be buying a 360 for a port.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Another good cagcast fellas. I agree with wombat, if you have a DS but don't have castlevania you should be shot, or whipped to death. I don't see what the big deal with Gun is though considering it's coming to xbox and ps2 also. I definitly won't be buying a 360 for a port.[/QUOTE]

I believe that the Xbox and PS2 versions are the ports, but I could be wrong.

Also IGN's review of SSX- on Tour is up (8.8), looks like they dont agree with me either.

keep listening

Great cast guys, thanks again.

I also think a huge 2D castlevania would be awesome for the Xbox360. That would prolly be the killer app for me buying one.

Great CAGCast once again, guys--Wombat, you've made me decide to go out and buy a DS and Castlevania.

I agree about the theme song. May I suggest the "Walker, Texas Ranger" theme song? I don't know what it has to do with CAG, but, c'mon--it's the Walker theme song.

My friend who has written music for a few films, is currently working on a theme song, but being an Arteast, he is "making sure it works for him". I told him to burp into a casio sk1 and play the Mario Bros. theme

[quote name='CheapyD']Man, this shit still isn't showing up properly in iTunes.
If anyone is an expert at this RSS/iTunes stuff, I'd appreciate it if they could take a look.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagcast.xml[/QUOTE]

What's not showing up properly? I know it downloaded the new episode for me this morning when I hit the update podcasts button in iTunes. So the file was at least there earlier this morning.

Maybe you need to update your iTunes Cheapy?

[quote name='shipwreck']What's not showing up properly? I know it downloaded the new episode for me this morning when I hit the update podcasts button in iTunes. So the file was at least there earlier this morning.

Maybe you need to update your iTunes Cheapy?[/QUOTE]On the main CAGcast page on iTunes...its only showing 6 episodes.

Another good CAGcast! As I've said in other CAGcast threads (the first one, at least), I really like the use of soundboards to make us think you have production value! ;) I think that - in honor of the UNICEF video - you should try to dig up Smurfs clips for next week.

As for the content, I think that Kevin P. speaks for a lot of non-fanboys in pointing out that XBox 360's launch games don't look all that spectacular, and that they've rushed the next-gen to market.

I have high hopes for SSX: On Tour, but I'm holding off on buying it until the TRU sale...I did the same thing for SSX 3 back in the day. (I'm an SSX Fanboy, although I don't particularly like the 'create-a-boarder' path they've gone with in this incarnation of the game.) One of these days, I'm going to have to acutally buy a James Bond game (but not this year, when I'd rather have XML 2, FE: Path of Radiance, Ult. Spider-Man, SSX:OT, and even DDR with Mario).

Oh, and there's now a worse ad than 'Verms' on G4....have you Seen "Dungeons and Dragons for Dummies" ?!? Call me crazy, but I don't think the main reason that people eschew it is that it's so complicated.

Keep up the Good Work!

[quote name='CheapyD']On the main CAGcast page on iTunes...its only showing 6 episodes.[/QUOTE]

I'm showing all 7 in my iTunes.

[quote name='Wombat']My friend who has written music for a few films, is currently working on a theme song, but being an Arteast, he is "making sure it works for him". I told him to burp into a casio sk1 and play the Mario Bros. theme[/QUOTE]

Don't lie you don't have any friends ;) j/k Any 8 bit music or news show rip off song will work. I will look forward to a theme song in a future CAG cast. :D

One more thing, I really like the chemistry between Wombat and CheapyD. I can tell you guys are hanging out outside the CagCast and having fun, you can hear it in your voices on the show.

[quote name='shipwreck']I'm showing all 7 in my iTunes.[/QUOTE]Whoomp there it is.
I guess it just takes a bit to get indexed. Nothing to see here.

[quote name='rallen']One more thing, I really like the chemistry between Wombat and CheapyD. I can tell you guys are hanging out outside the CagCast and having fun, you can hear it in your voices on the show.[/QUOTE]

Cheapy smells like cabbage and when the show ends I run home and shower

Good stuff guys- keep it up. You guys do an excellent podcast!

Wombat- Hope the new Bond is good like you say it should be...This one has potential!
CheapyD- Don't be afraid of mayyyyybe extending the length of these things?? eh? Just a thought...(not a fan of the whole "If we have time/get to it" crap that goes on in podcasts)

-JackFlash666

Hey guys- i think i heard you say a couple times that you thought GUN was one of the most next-genny of all the games you've seen on the 360 - just curious, are you digging it more than the likes of Oblivion? Or do you not really like the rpg/elderscroll scene. Just curious, because thanks to you guys GUN is quickly climing up my 360 watch list...

as always, wicked good 'cast

[quote name='Gycot']Hey guys- i think i heard you say a couple times that you thought GUN was one of the most next-genny of all the games you've seen on the 360 - just curious, are you digging it more than the likes of Oblivion? Or do you not really like the rpg/elderscroll scene. Just curious, because thanks to you guys GUN is quickly climing up my 360 watch list...

as always, wicked good 'cast[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen Oblivion looks great, but I havnt seen the game running on the system, Gun I have, there is a chance we may see it on Friday, if it looks better in person, then maybe by the next cagcast there will be 2 games worth checking out for the 360 :)

bread's done
Back