Welcome to the Northwest USA Regional Video Game Deal Forum!

[quote name='sonderiaom']just started college here, working at costco too, small world eh?[/QUOTE]

I finished my AA at Skagit this spring but I'm back for this fall quarter to take some prerequisites I need for WWU, where I'll hopefully be starting winter quarter.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']snohomish, wa here....anyone know any good pawn shops in the downtown seattle area past shoreline?[/QUOTE]

I think I know you, haha. ;P

There is a cool one on Lake City Way, a little before and across the street from the Fred Meyer down there, I don't remember what it's called though. But they have more Japanese SNES carts then a person could ever possibly want, and they always have a domestic game or two worth picking up when I go in.

B-Ham, WA, represent. Anyone else here CAGin' in the Whatcom area? I feel like the only one....

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I think I know you, haha. ;P There is a cool one on Lake City Way, a litte before and across the street from the Fred Meyer down there, I don't remember what it's called though. But they have more Japanese SNES carts then a person could ever possible want, and they always have a domestic game or two worth picking up when I go in.

B-Ham, WA, represent. Anyone else here CAGin' in the Whatcom area? I feel like the only one....[/QUOTE]

ill have to go check that one out sometime.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']B-Ham, WA, represent. Anyone else here CAGin' in the Whatcom area? I feel like the only one....[/QUOTE]

Don't live there right now, but I'll hopefully be moving up to B-Ham towards the end of this year/beginning of next year.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Don't live there right now, but I'll hopefully be moving up to B-Ham towards the end of this year/beginning of next year.[/QUOTE]

Why the move north?

Oddly enough I'll be following jfunkdpg up north as well for school in two years. Though I am up in wannabepunktony's area almost every week.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Live in Auburn, WA, work in Federal Way, WA.

Now, if only I knew some good local deals...[/QUOTE]

i have some friends of friends connections in Auburn, and been there myself a few times. Mom's Teriyaki is the shit son...! but the Super Mall... not so much the shit.

[quote name='sandrokstar']i have some friends of friends connections in Auburn, and been there myself a few times. Mom's Teriyaki is the shit son...! but the Super Mall... not so much the shit.[/QUOTE]

Mom's Teriyaki is INDEED the shit! We live real close to it, so we go alot- we have since they were Best Teriyaki. In fact, when the new guys bought and made it into Mom's, we went in and got asked our names... and found out we were on the old owner's 'Preferred Customer' list and got a free Crispy Chicken to try. I loves me some Mom's Crispy chicken... :bouncy:

[quote name='anadune']Eugene here. So far looks like only a handful from Oregon...[/QUOTE]

Keizer, OR -- 20 miles south of the only Gamerush in Oregon.... (used to live in Creswell...so I feel your pain)

[quote name='CaptainSniffy']Bellevue, WA - Video Gaming capital of the Northwest. ;)[/QUOTE]
Self proclaimed, I'm assuming...if not, then elaborate ;) (I'm from Lynnwood. If you don't know where that is, it's near Edmonds).

[quote name='y2kenjination']Self proclaimed, I'm assuming...if not, then elaborate ;) (I'm from Lynnwood. If you don't know where that is, it's near Edmonds).[/QUOTE]

I take trips into Lynnwood every single day of my life, if you want a good place for games, go check out the half price books on Highway 99 up by the albertsons shopping center up there.

A little futhur down 99 near the salvation army and the car dealership strip, theres a pawn shop called diversified loan and pawn. They have some good stuff there, and they can be haggled quite a bit. I found suikoden II here and they gave it to me for free :)

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I take trips into Lynnwood every single day of my life, if you want a good place for games, go check out the half price books on Highway 99 up by the albertsons shopping center up there.

A little futhur down 99 near the salvation army and the car dealership strip, theres a pawn shop called diversified loan and pawn. They have some good stuff there, and they can be haggled quite a bit. I found suikoden II here and they gave it to me for free :)[/QUOTE]
Wow, you serious? o_O I gotta check these places out!

[quote name='h2dk']Keizer, OR -- 20 miles south of the only Gamerush in Oregon.... (used to live in Creswell...so I feel your pain)[/QUOTE]

There's a Gamerush in OREGON?!?!?!

Zero_Kirby- I wouldnt exactly consider San Jose the "NW"

Actually, Bellevue isn't really the capital per se. The "East side" could be called the capital. There are more game studios and publishers here than anywhere else in the state:

Microsoft
Nintendo
Valve
Sierra
Wizards of the Coast
Arena Games
RAD Tools

And those are just off the top.

And Penny Arcade is here too, and usually host PAX at the Meydenbauer center in Bellevue.

Pop Cap is in Seattle, though. And Pop Cap rocks. Cranium, though not a video games company, is also in Seattle.

[quote name='levi333']There's a Gamerush in OREGON?!?!?![/quote]

Yeah, it's south of Portland in Wilsonville. Here's the address for anyone who wants it:

9460 Wilsonville Road
Wilsonville, OR 97070

I haven't been there yet, although I've been meaning to check it out.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']Yeah, it's south of Portland in Wilsonville. Here's the address for anyone who wants it:

9460 Wilsonville Road
Wilsonville, OR 97070

I haven't been there yet, although I've been meaning to check it out.[/QUOTE]

I've been there once. On a trip to Fry's. The repackaging into BlockBuster boxes means you need to get your hands on official PS2/Cube/Xbox boxes if you're anal about that like I am. Other than that, I bought 8 games there. I haven't bought 8 games anywhere ever. Good deals. Plus you can see if it includes the manual/instert cause they have them outside of the boxes.

Puyallup here, since I noticed some food questions, I was wondering if anyone knew a place to find vietnamese sandwichs in Tacoma, sucks to drive to seattle. All other Viet places are pho.

Just started working at the Gamestop across from Bestbuy in Burlington. So if any of you CAGs in the area wanna stop by and say hey, feel free to. I'll be the guy without a nametag standing around like an idiot trying to figure out what to do.

[quote name='DV8']Puyallup here, since I noticed some food questions, I was wondering if anyone knew a place to find vietnamese sandwichs in Tacoma, sucks to drive to seattle. All other Viet places are pho.[/QUOTE]

I know of 3 places in the area, one specifically in Tacoma.

In Tacoma there is a Vietnamese Deli off of 38th. From I-5 head towards the East Side (opposite way of Tacoma Mall). I don't know the exact cross street, but I do know that it's past the next Freeway overpass and it's on a corner, left side, and I think across the street from a Tatoo place (?), a beauty salon, and maybe a pool hall (?). Small joint. Obviously, if you hit Pacific Ave, you've gone way too far. The cheapest of three. BBQ pork sammich was $1.75 last I went.

There is also a place in Federal Way off of 320th. They serve pho as well and bubble tea if you're into that. It's shortly after the I-5 overpass on the right side in the same area as that one movie theater. There's also a Coldstone and a Marie Calendar's in that section. The restaurant is right near a Soccer specialty store. More pricey, but they have a better variety of sammiches.

The last one is farther up north, but not as far as Seattle. It's in Kent within the Great Wall Asian shopping center. I forget the exit, but it's off of 167, same exit as a hospital and Ikea. If you were heading northbound, you'd take a left from the ramp and then another left at the next light. Great Wall will be on your left. Nice place to go if you want to sample some different Asian food too. Oh! And they have an Asian grocery where you can get tasty desserts.

bread's done
Back