Connecticut Deal Discussion

Well as leader of the CT CAG region (don't question my authority), I say we get together and hunt Manimal down. I say we send his ass to Massachusetts.

[quote name='The VGM']Well as leader of the CT CAG region (don't question my authority), I say we get together and hunt Manimal down. I say we send his ass to Massachusetts.[/QUOTE]
so who the hell's manimal, and what did he do to incur your wrath? :D

[quote name='woobacca']so who the hell's manimal, and what did he do to incur your wrath? :D[/QUOTE]

What did he do? He was born, that was his biggest mistake.

lol people up in the Havens.

Someone's from Groton, lol I get on that place all the time.

[quote name='JmasterK']West Hartford :([/QUOTE]

If by sad face you mean extremely happy face for the coolest town center - i think you're right.

You know what the funniest thing is about us, we have no pride from where we are from. I guess that must be the Connecticut way.

I went to school down in Virginia and it was crazy how the people down there have such pride in where they are from, and for the state as a whole. It was very, very disturbing.

[quote name='maddfrog']You know what the funniest thing is about us, we have no pride from where we are from. I guess that must be the Connecticut way.

I went to school down in Virginia and it was crazy how the people down there have such pride in where they are from, and for the state as a whole. It was very, very disturbing.[/QUOTE]

That post is entirely 100% true.

[quote name='alive741']Anyone have any luck with the KB Toys clearance?[/QUOTE]

I don't know what that one guy was talking about, I got pride for CT. I feel bad for those poor bastards in Vermont and Maine.

I got 4 DS games and a GBA one at the KBToys sale. I have to take one back though.

[quote name='The VGM']I don't know what that one guy was talking about, I got pride for CT. I feel bad for those poor bastards in Vermont and Maine.

I got 4 DS games and a GBA one at the KBToys sale. I have to take one back though.[/QUOTE]

I live in milford, but am not a native. (Spent most of my life in PA.)

Anyway, there is a KB in stratford in a small strip mall with Staples and Petco. (Drive through milford, devon on rt. 1 and keep going across the bridge. You will see it to the right, called the Dock shopping center.) They didn't have much on thursday when I went, but I don't think that many people go to this store. They had a few copies of polarium and pac pix for $10, some old PC games for $1-10 (Civ 2 expansion pack for $1?), and some older PS2/Xbox/GCN games mostly for $10. There was nothing that really stood out for me, but everyone's tastes are different.

The only other KB that I know of is in the outlet malls, the second one as you are driving towards RI. (not clinton crossing, the other one). I have not been there in awhile, so I don't know if they have anything. The KB in the milford mall closed about a year ago.

As an aside, the store in stratford has some really good deals on other toys, if you need to get a gift for a kid.

What's sad is that there used to be 4 KB Toys at one point within 10 minutes of Milford, one in the Post Mall, one stand alone in a plaza just down the street from the mall, one right past New Haven, and one right at the beginning of Whalley Avenue / rt 69 next to Stop and SHop. All 4 were closed when they did the mass closings last year.

Stamford here too...

The KB in the Stamford Mall really had nothing on Friday when I went. I did get I-Ninja for Gamecube for $5 though.

Not much at the KB in Danbury. They had Dead to Rights for XB for $5, but its $4.99 preowned at EB Games as well.

Saw GC Metroid Prime for $5 but it was packed in a baggie at Waterbury mall. Not much else of note, though I confess, I don't really look at the PS1 or PS2 stuff as I only have a GC and XB.

Naugatuck here, but really I'm pretty much all over the place on the lower west side.

And we don't really have any pride because there's not much to be proud of...in terms of sports teams at least.

Go Wolf Pack!

[quote name='Ricochet']Go Wolf Pack![/QUOTE]

Wolf Pack are nasty. Don't fuck around.

I feel bad for you guys living on the outskirts, there ain't shit out there. Come migrate towards Hartford!

[quote name='The VGM']Wolf Pack are nasty. Don't fuck around.

I feel bad for you guys living on the outskirts, there ain't shit out there. Come migrate towards Hartford![/QUOTE]

No kidding. I used to think my town was bad until I saw some of the more...rural towns in CT.

At least Naugatuck has a Walmart. Some places only have a county store.

[quote name='The VGM']Wolf Pack are nasty. Don't fuck around.

I feel bad for you guys living on the outskirts, there ain't shit out there. Come migrate towards Hartford![/QUOTE]

VGM - you sure do love to jock my shit don'tcha - only a few posts in and yer already thinkin bout me.....

as far as the WOLFPAC go - what ever happened to P.J. - did he ever go pro or is he still local (havent been to a game in years)

[quote name='MANIMAL']VGM - you sure do love to jock my shit don'tcha - only a few posts in and yer already thinkin bout me.....

as far as the WOLFPAC go - what ever happened to P.J. - did he ever go pro or is he still local (havent been to a game in years)[/QUOTE]

P.J. Stock? He was on the Bruins in the NHL for a little bit, then maybe on the Phantoms in the AHL for a little. As for right now, I don't know where he is.

[quote name='Ricochet']No kidding. I used to think my town was bad until I saw some of the more...rural towns in CT.

At least Naugatuck has a Walmart. Some places only have a county store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...it wasn't until I started travelling around the state as a Nintendo rep that I realized how ghetto certain areas really are. Naugatuck wasn't so bad...but they DID have one of the lousiest KB Toys in the state. Used to dread going in there.

[quote name='paradoxikus']Yeah...it wasn't until I started travelling around the state as a Nintendo rep that I realized how ghetto certain areas really are. Naugatuck wasn't so bad...but they DID have one of the lousiest KB Toys in the state. Used to dread going in there.[/QUOTE]

Not anymore! KB here closed down years ago, so now all we have in that plaza is a Stop and Shop, a Radio Shack, and a few other stores. If you need games you have to go to Walmart or hike over to Waterbury.

bread's done
Back