CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

When you are living in Tokyo it would be cool if you could buy Japanese imports of albums and mail them to me. Thanks!

Count me in!

Holy crap! Japan, winning your games, I'd like to see you use the video toilet from the Simpsons whilst in Japan.

This event is both sad and extremely great.

I'd like to go to Japan someday... All I want for you to do in Japan is have a great time, and maybe pick me to win these games, eh?

Entered, plus my parents will be cool with it, if I win this will be great!

Japan is a place thats small and hates china.

I project to see Cheapy D taking down Japan's version of "best buy" from the inside, Ninja style. And once his image gets out, there is going to be a Magna and a Anime.. and merchandising. Good luck in Tokyo.

Thanks for the great contest Cheapy! Too bad you can't take that stuff with you. That would be a pretty sweet game package to win. I own some of those games so if I win, I'll hold my own contests to give back to CAG.

For my amusement, since you are such a tall man, I think you should find the shortest Japanese person around and take a picture with them next to you.

Cheapy: Man or Myth?

It has long been contested as to whether the mythical CheapyD really exists, but a recent development may change all that....... Because he is going to mail me all of his games before he leaves for Japan, thus proving is awesomeness.

:)

By the way, when you get to Japan I want to see you riding in Miyamoto's private Nintenjet!

Cheapy, I should win your games, because I could bring some of 'em back to you once I get to Japan in March.

It only makes sense.

I really would like to visit Japan sometime... maybe even live there. A friend of mine went when he was younger and loved it. Cheapy, keep an eye open for cheap Midwest->Tokyo airfare for us, ok? Thanks! ;)

daroga

Whoa, sweet contest.

I'd like to see a "virtual tour" of game shops, just pictures and whatnot. I'll also be wanting to send you money to hook me up with DS imports :p I'd also like to see you wearing as much XBox schwag as possible and walk up and down the streets (since XBox is not liked too much over there).

I want to win cheapy's stuff!! I also want you (cheapy) to dress like Naruto and eat lots of ramen noodles.

If you have time to answer cheapyd ..

a) Will this site keep running as usual?

b) What kind of nifty things are you moving there for?

Now that you'll be living in Japan, I hope you'll still be able to shill free prizes for the WWE (though I'm still jealous of Zenithian Legend for winning the last contest). Perhaps you can work with Japanese Organizations? A contest for a date with Razor Ramon "Hard Gay" Sumitami, perhaps?

im00017118.jpg

Wow this move is how permenant?

I want to see cheapy wearing the boob cushion over his neck like I have seen in many pictures.

Have fun!

They have square watermelons in Japan...they stack better

also

People in Japan die disproportionately on the 4th of each month because the words death and four sound alike, and they are represented by the same symbol.

Good luck on a major life change...and take some Pepto

Mmmmm....Tokyo....Schoolgirls....

.....what?!?!?!? ;) :roll:

Seriously though, great place to be/live (even if it IS expensive as all hell) :)

I would love CheapyD to paint his bald head green and terrorize the little people of Japan.

J/k

P.S. His eyes could shoot lasers.

While you are there please let the Japanese know they can have Kaz Matsui back, the Mets fans (no I'm not one) would highly appreciate it.

Dont know if they still exist, but you should take a picture of yourself next to one of those panties vending machine. If you dont know what I'm talking about, it's where Japanese schoolgirls wear a pair of panties for a day and then put it in a vending machine so pervs can buy it.

Dress up as Solid Snake and instill fear in the hearts of the Japanese...well i guess you dont have to scare them, but yeah dress up as Solid Snake and take a pic of it in Japan.

I'd like to see you host your very own CAG television program out of Tokyo. Afterall, bald white guys are considered gods among men there.

Damn. Out of all the contest this is the one i would love to win. I'm finally getting an xbox and this would surely help out. Ninja gaiden, castlvania:SOTN, GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version), Deathrow, State of Emergency and the CAG t-shirt are the best prizes ever.

I'd like to see CheapyD battling other monsters on Monster Island before smashing most of Japan while people run around screaming 'Ohhh no, Cheapzilla!'

Wow, thanks CheapyD! Will you be taking requests for Japanese imports? :D

You're going to be missing out on all the $9.99 games at Blockbuster now...

Personally, I would like you to check out some of the japanese shrines. With a camera, and then send me pictures. I've always wanted to go to japan and a big part of it being the heritage. Also, if you hit any dojo's over there take a few pictures, Im trying to build one in my basement for me and the wife to train in and I'd love some actual source material that isnt cheesy american made stuff.

i would like to see cheapyd take a picture with hello kitty at puroland (the sanrio amusement park) in tama city right outside tokyo.

I would be a curator of your game collection if I were to win.

I have had two friends move to Japan for that JET thing, where English speaking people move to Japan for a year or more to help teach English to Japanese children. One is still there (maybe he and Cheapy could hang out).

I'd love to go to Japan some day. Does this contest should also include a 1-week, all expenses paid trip to your new house. LOL.

On a serious note, definatly check out the electronics district, Shinjuku (no idea how to spell.) Things are often over priced but its really cool to see at least once. Also get out of Tokyo sometimes.... Other cities in Japan are as cool, if not cooler. Amazing place, I'm planing to live there for a year after college. Good luck!

Once you're there, you need to go to one of those sushi places that sends the sushi around on little boats.

I'm very happy for you Cheapy. But sorry to see you go. Maybe we can have a going away party someplace in manhattan. I'm sure alot of us would be down for it.

Anyway on to the contest.....I would like to see cheapy wear one of those ass print pants while walking through downtown Tokyo.

Cheapy I know you have been to Japan b4, but did you ever go to Akihibara (i think I spelled it right)?

I was going to suggest you purchase a Mogwai, but I found out they were from China. I'm not even sure what the point of moving there is now.

How about a section on CAG about "the quirky gaming related dodad from Japan of the week"?
They get the best stuff over there. :)

How about running up and down the street with the famed Hello Kitty vibrator shouting "HELLOOO KITTTTYYY!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back