Indiana Deals Thread

I believe Game XChange over in West Lafayette has slashed most of their prices on Sega Saturn games in recent memory. I picked up Bust-a-Move 2 and Darius Gaiden for $7.50 a pop and noticed that they used to be $15 apiece. Granted, most of the Saturn titles they have left are pretty generic (and expensive, really), but who else has Saturn games nowadays?

They're wonderful for the classics (I should have picked up Magic Sword) but their prices are a bit on the high side for most items. Still, if you want to find more uncommon and, in some cases, rare old games, they're worth checking out.

If anyone has any tips or deals around the Bloomington area, please throw something my way. I love the EB out here, I'm sort of ambivalent about the GameStop, and the BestBuy pretty much makes me cry when it comes to game stock and deals.

It's nice to see another from West Lafayette, right here.:)

Well, I'm currently living in West Lafayette, since I go to college at Purdue. On some weekends and all breaks, I will be in my hometown, which is Fort Wayne. I'll keep a close watch on the deals, like I usually do.;)

[quote name='Grugger']I live in West Lafayette, where is the Game XChange?[/QUOTE]

is game xchange inside a video store called VIDEO STOP... they used to be up here till they went belly up

reaasons

1.. you could get games on ebay for less then 10 but sell them to them for between 15-35 each

2. they only allow returns 24 hours meaning if the game stopped working in 2 days you was SOL ..

3. They never advertised not even word of mouth

and
finally
4... their workers thought they knew everything and was VERY Rude to customeres. though there was some nice ones most of them was rude...

[quote name='slidecage']is game xchange inside a video store called VIDEO STOP... they used to be up here till they went belly up

reaasons

1.. you could get games on ebay for less then 10 but sell them to them for between 15-35 each

2. they only allow returns 24 hours meaning if the game stopped working in 2 days you was SOL ..

3. They never advertised not even word of mouth

and
finally
4... their workers thought they knew everything and was VERY Rude to customeres. though there was some nice ones most of them was rude...[/QUOTE]
Actually slidecage, it's a different store. I remember the Game Xchange that was in Video Stop, but the one in Lafayette is completely different. It's actually a very good used game store with decent prices, and a ton of used games across most every console. It's a pretty large store too. It's my itself, not withing a video store. I haven't been there in several weeks though.

[quote name='Grugger']I live in West Lafayette, where is the Game XChange?[/QUOTE]

How to describe it...I go to IU Bloomington so I was really in the area only once so far. Basically it's on the large stretch of road that pretty much contains every major store and eatery you can think of, the one with the Super Target and the Olive Garden and so forth. The Game XChange is in a small shopping center along with a large pizza place and some other stores as well. Let's see if I have the address on me still...

Game XChange
3861 SR26 East Ste L
Lafayette, IN 47905

I remember the location of GameXchange is you're basically turn where you see KFC, which I go to all the time.:D

I believe there's two locations of Game Xchange, but they are both on the Lafayette side. West Lafayette just has an EB Games, which is a short walk from where I live.

I'm currently attending Purdue here in West Lafayette! Nice to see another Boilermaker here!:D

But I have no car and taking the bus takes way too long, not to mention the bus system sucks balls so I'm pretty much out on any deals. Plus, this doesn't sound like much of a deal...:p

I have a question for you guys. Do you know of any independent games stores in or around Fort Wayne, besides McVans? McVans is usually overpriced for my tastes. All the other game stores are the major ones. 4 EBs, 2 GS, and 2 GC. I'm trying to find a store with some cheap saturn and other classic stuff.

I believe there is another video game store, where one location is somewhere around the SE side of town, because I saw a commercial to it. However, it was a long time ago, so who knows if its still there. You're exactly right about McVan's. I stopped going there years ago due to their ridiculous prices. Years ago, they weren't too bad, since I could do trades for a decent price. Now, they look high because I can pay the same price to trade in a game, as to buy a new game at EB.

[quote name='erehwon']I have a question for you guys. Do you know of any independent games stores in or around Fort Wayne, besides McVans? McVans is usually overpriced for my tastes. All the other game stores are the major ones. 4 EBs, 2 GS, and 2 GC. I'm trying to find a store with some cheap saturn and other classic stuff.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean with McVans, they can be pretty expensive. I would like to know of any other places as well, since I go to Ft. Wayne on the weekends I'm home from school. I might have to check out the GameXchange here in WL too.

I live in Jasper now... and I'll be heading over to Evansville next week... I'll see if I can snoop anything out there.

You Bloomington guys wouldn't have a nice deal on a hard drive around there, would you? I go that way every now and then when me and my Partner drive up to Indy for meetings...

[quote name='TurkeyOnRye']I live in Jasper now... and I'll be heading over to Evansville next week... I'll see if I can snoop anything out there.

You Bloomington guys wouldn't have a nice deal on a hard drive around there, would you? I go that way every now and then when me and my Partner drive up to Indy for meetings...[/QUOTE]

Well, last week there wasn't anything interesting going on as far as hard drive deals were concerned. I think the best "deal" was at Best Buy where some external drive was at around a $1.10 per GB ratio, which is fairly poor. Considering the only major electronics stores around here seem to be Best Buy and maybe that PC store in the shopping center across the street with Borders and whatnot, there aren't too many places to pick up parts for decent prices.

Just moved to Mishawaka by South Bend

I'm wondering if WAJedi is the other cheapass that always seems to get in on the same deals I get at the BestBuy here.

If you need Donkey Konga bongos for a cheap price the EBGames in College Mall in Bloomington has at least two of them for $12.99 apiece. Last I checked was on Monday but Used Peripherals take a lot of time to sell in that location. Shame, too, since they have some sickening deals (ie: some Dreamcast controllers for $0.99, PS/PS2 Dance Pads for $9.99, great carrying cases for PS1/PS2 for $9.99, etc.)

Just giving a heads-up. I'd grab a few myself but shipping them home would end up costing me around $18 or $19 in the long run and that's just too much at the moment. Enjoy the savings!

Also...since I probably won't jump on it myself, ask whoever is working there if they still have Vanguard Bandits for PS1 for $17.99 in the back. They had their Used PS1 sheets out in the store a month ago and it was among a bevvy of titles not actually in the front of the store itself. If nobody picked it up, it's a great game at a fantastic price that I can't jump on at the moment either. Well worth your while, if you enjoy strategy/RPGs!

Hey guys, I just joined CAG.

I'm in Ft. Wayne here. Originally from near Muncie (Ball State).

If you're in Muncie, check Dave's Video & Tan. It's in the strip mall near Marsh's supermarket close to the Muncie Mall. The selection is usually a bit dated, but they tend to have lots of used titles and accessories cheap. They take DVD & CD trade-in's from the college students, but I think most of the games are from their rental business. Things could have changed in the last year or so since I've been there. Used to be a great place for last years games, GBA stuff, and extra controllers and memory cards.

Any good deals in Ft. Wayne lately?

I'm on the lookout for a used or cheap original GBA for my wife right now.

I think if I can, tonight I'm going to hit EB, Babbages and KB at Glenbrook here in Ft. Wayne.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']McVan's is good if you are looking for some harder to find stuff. Other than that, I would pass on them.[/QUOTE]

mcvans is a major rip off.. They will offer you 10 bucks for your game and turn around and sell it for 40.. Go to one of their stores if you want a good laugh.. They got games in there USED for 38 when you can get them Sealed at eb or another game store for 20...

I hit Target:

On the discount encap near the pet supplies, they have a few copies of "Feel the Magic: XY XX" for $10. They also had two copies of Darkstalkers for PSP for $15.

The video games endcap had a few GC titles for $15 (Winnie the Pooh, and some Greatest Hits type stuff, nothing great) There were more copies of "Feel the Magic" there as well.

The bin at KB Glenbrook was wiped out, 4 or 5 Xbox sports titles left.

EB in the mall looks like they marked down some GBA games to clearance, put a bunch of carts into the $9.99 - $15.99 range. They're probably listed in the that thread on the main part of the messageboard.

yo arbiter, I have a GBA (with box still) I'm looking to get rid of somehow if I could get a decent amount for it. PM me or something if you're interested.

[quote name='AfroPig']yo arbiter, I have a GBA (with box still) I'm looking to get rid of somehow if I could get a decent amount for it. PM me or something if you're interested.[/QUOTE]I might be interested in your GBA, since I have been playing all my GBA games on my Gameboy Player, and I am interested in playing them on the go. I'll think about it, although my money will go fast on Nov. 16th.

I'll pass on the GBA. Babbages at Glenbook had the pink one (for the wife) and after I told them I was planning on changing out the screen cover because it was scratched, they did it for me! The lady manager swapped it with another cover from stock while I waited.

BTW, good deal on a GBA, they're only $20 there...but they only had a few left.
If the screen is too scratched you can change it out with a kit from Nintendo for about $4.

EB @ Jefferson Point has some GB Color battery packs and cases for $1-$4.

The EB @ Jefferson Pointe is normally where I am, since I live on the SW side of Fort Wayne. I still have my old GBC.

I was surprised Babbages at Glenbrook let you change the GBA, because I've had way too many bad experiences with them over the years; however, that was probably 50 employees ago (Not sure if it will be noticed, but almost every time I went there over the past 6 years, there's a new employee working there, while there has been several different managers).

[quote name='arbiter']I hit Target:

On the discount encap near the pet supplies, they have a few copies of "Feel the Magic: XY XX" for $10. They also had two copies of Darkstalkers for PSP for $15.

The video games endcap had a few GC titles for $15 (Winnie the Pooh, and some Greatest Hits type stuff, nothing great) There were more copies of "Feel the Magic" there as well.

The bin at KB Glenbrook was wiped out, 4 or 5 Xbox sports titles left.

EB in the mall looks like they marked down some GBA games to clearance, put a bunch of carts into the $9.99 - $15.99 range. They're probably listed in the that thread on the main part of the messageboard.[/QUOTE]

KB had a bin ??? when i went there the first day they only had a small table with junk on it

[quote name='slidecage']KB had a bin ??? when i went there the first day they only had a small table with junk on it[/QUOTE]That's always what I see at EB, with games that are still overpriced. That's why, I stopped bothering going in there.

I usually check out the EB at JP, I used to work there nights after my day job...that was about 2 yrs ago, right after they opened. Sherri is the manager there. She's normally pretty good. She's expressed some interest about posting deals on here, but she's not so computer savvy. Of course the company sets the prices, so sometimes it's good deals, and sometimes it sucks. I get the Edge card for $5 and tend to haunt the used bins and GBA stuff.

Today's find -I scored a MS Sidewinder stick for $1.50 at Goodwill.
Goodwill on Jefferson had:
Metroid Prime for $5 and $10, new (yes two different prices).
A Wingman stick for $15.
Some Yugioh game and Tron2.0 for GBA for $5 each.
They had a used copy of Sims2 PC, I think it was $10.
A copy of...um...I can't remember the name...horror survival game about kids in a high school...for $4.50, used.

A handful of Colecovision and Atari carts, and 1 stray Tengen NES title for $0.50 to $3.00.
The games are all up front in the case or a bin.

They also had an accessory pack and some charging stand/attachable speakers for PSP for $15 each, on a shelf in the front.

WalMart has some 3pk of racing games for $10, near the games case on an endcap, It was Ford Racing 3 and two other titles I wasn't familiar with...for PSP.

[quote name='arbiter']I usually check out the EB at JP, I used to work there nights after my day job...that was about 2 yrs ago, right after they opened. Sherri is the manager there. She's normally pretty good. She's expressed some interest about posting deals on here, but she's not so computer savvy. Of course the company sets the prices, so sometimes it's good deals, and sometimes it sucks. I get the Edge card for $5 and tend to haunt the used bins and GBA stuff. [/quote]Yup, I definitely know Sherri. I saw her right around when EB opened and I still see her today. I remember that EB getting a used copy of Gitaroo Man and Valkyrie Profile in, when they first opened (for a good price), and I bought them. I see her just about everytime I got to EB and I've bought multiple games from her. I believe she recognizes me. When there was a deal to trade in three games, and get GT4 for free, I was the one who asked her about the deal, and she didn't know. I ended up bringing her a receipt from some CAG member printed off, then she tested to see if the deal worked, and it did. She was pretty surprised too.

Today's find -I scored a MS Sidewinder stick for $1.50 at Goodwill.
Goodwill on Jefferson had:
Metroid Prime for $5 and $10, new (yes two different prices).
A Wingman stick for $15.
Some Yugioh game and Tron2.0 for GBA for $5 each.
They had a used copy of Sims2 PC, I think it was $10.
A copy of...um...I can't remember the name...horror survival game about kids in a high school...for $4.50, used.

A handful of Colecovision and Atari carts, and 1 stray Tengen NES title for $0.50 to $3.00.
The games are all up front in the case or a bin.
I donate stuff to Goodwill all the time, but I never actually went in there. Maybe I should, when I go back home over Thanksgiving break.

[quote name='Samurai T']Yup, I definitely know Sherri. I saw her right around when EB opened and I still see her today. I remember that EB getting a used copy of Gitaroo Man and Valkyrie Profile in, when they first opened (for a good price), and I bought them. I see her just about everytime I got to EB and I've bought multiple games from her. I believe she recognizes me. When there was a deal to trade in three games, and get GT4 for free, I was the one who asked her about the deal, and she didn't know. I ended up bringing her a receipt from some CAG member printed off, then she tested to see if the deal worked, and it did. She was pretty surprised too.

I donate stuff to Goodwill all the time, but I never actually went in there. Maybe I should, when I go back home over Thanksgiving break.[/QUOTE]

shes hot too : )

Hah. Yeah, if you find a weird deal like that, it'll usually work. EB is really weird about how they distribute the news of new promos...they'll be running 3 or 4 at a time and they overlap. They send all the messages to the stores where they print from e-mail to this log book...so it's really easy to miss one of them when it comes across. (dumb...e-mail only available as hard copy)

As for Goodwill, They get games from Target when they go off discount there. Target dumps them to Goodwill after they leave the endcap discount. There's a thread on the main page about it.

Hey you Bloomington guys... is there any good places to snoop around at the 3rd St. Exit coming off of 37? I usually meet my business partner there and then we head up to the main office in Indy from there. I know I have to go that way Monday so I thought I might ask.

After that... for the rest of the month, I'm stuck at the Paoli CVS doing Part D stuff :(

For any Indianapolis folk, the Target on Southport ususally has some good clearance stuff. It's never by the video games, though, always down by the CD players and stuff. I saw Darkstalkers PSP there for $15 a couple days ago. I passed, as I was hoping to find Mercury on the cheap instead...

RD

[quote name='TurkeyOnRye']Hey you Bloomington guys... is there any good places to snoop around at the 3rd St. Exit coming off of 37? I usually meet my business partner there and then we head up to the main office in Indy from there. I know I have to go that way Monday so I thought I might ask.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could help but the only major game store chains in the area are pretty much...well, Best Buy and EBGames further down 3rd Street where 45 cuts across 3rd. I don't think there are any independent stores down in the direction you normally head but I'm still sort of new here and I tend to mostly spend my time around the College Mall area (lack of car = lack of adventure).

If I happen to hear anything in particular or if I end up walking down that way soon (I may hit the downtown Bloomington area tomorrow after class. Yes, class on Saturday...), I'll let you know if I find anything and if it's feasible to visit.

Target Update - This is the one at Glenbrook. Was in there this morning.

On the clearance isle down past the CD's near pet supplies:
2 x Darkstalkers PSP - $15
2 or 3 copies of Feel the Magic & Ping Pals for DS - $10
1 copy Final Fantasy: Tatics for GBA -$12.99 (I think...maybe 14)

On the games endcap, plenty of copies of Sprung, Ping Pals, and Feel the Magic all for $10.

If I had a PSP, I'd buy Darkstalkers in an instant. The Glenbrook Target normally doesn't have as many clearance games, compared to the one on Maplecrest IMO (when I'm up on the side of town).

Bloomington, IN Target had two copies of Darkstalkers for $15 in stock as of Monday, November 7.

Warning: They moved the Clearance section again for the second time in the past week. It's now on the end of aisle section as you head from Games over towards Food on the other side of the store. Just keep your eyes focused on the right hand side, right after the end of aisle display for the cheap crap musical instruments.

The local Family Video here in Evansville have had a great sale on for the past couple of weeks. They are selling their ex-rental games at $9.99 each. (which isn't bad considering the store has only been open a couple of months, so the condition of the games are pretty good)

I grabbed Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Gran Turismo 4. They also had Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban, Call Of Duty Finest Hour, Dead To Rights II, Goldeneye Rogue Agent, Brothers In Arms (first one) and a few other good games for the PS2.

I noticed they also had Halo 2, NFSU2 and Merceneries for X-Box and Picmin 2 for the Cube. (I don't own those systems, so I can't say if they had more)

Unfortunately they put the sale on their big sign on the main road so a lot of the titles could be gone now. Just thought I would pass on the info

[quote name='Kapwanil']I wish I could help but the only major game store chains in the area are pretty much...well, Best Buy and EBGames further down 3rd Street where 45 cuts across 3rd. I don't think there are any independent stores down in the direction you normally head but I'm still sort of new here and I tend to mostly spend my time around the College Mall area (lack of car = lack of adventure).

If I happen to hear anything in particular or if I end up walking down that way soon (I may hit the downtown Bloomington area tomorrow after class. Yes, class on Saturday...), I'll let you know if I find anything and if it's feasible to visit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there really isn't anything here beyond the standard chain stores. The only luck you might have is visiting a few of the local pawn shops in the area.

Big Lots -

I've been to two different stores that have:
The Thing, and Dead to Rights for PC for $3.99, this is in Ft. Wayne, YMMV.

[quote name='Zipomatic2']The local Family Video here in Evansville have had a great sale on for the past couple of weeks. They are selling their ex-rental games at $9.99 each. (which isn't bad considering the store has only been open a couple of months, so the condition of the games are pretty good)

I grabbed Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Gran Turismo 4. They also had Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban, Call Of Duty Finest Hour, Dead To Rights II, Goldeneye Rogue Agent, Brothers In Arms (first one) and a few other good games for the PS2.

I noticed they also had Halo 2, NFSU2 and Merceneries for X-Box and Picmin 2 for the Cube. (I don't own those systems, so I can't say if they had more)

Unfortunately they put the sale on their big sign on the main road so a lot of the titles could be gone now. Just thought I would pass on the info[/QUOTE]

im going to hit one up tomorrow in fort wayne and see if they got anythng good. they been selling games like this since they opened up here. i got G1 JOCKEY for 4.99 complete about year ago from them.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']A little OTT, but any Northwest Indy people want to camp out for a 360?[/QUOTE]

Were are you planning to go? I haven't made up my mind yet but a very good friend of mine and my brother are both willing to camp at outher stores for me so I think I might have some luck.

bread's done
Back