- - - - -

Minnesota Deals Topic

#271 Azeroth2k   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   24 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Azeroth2k

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:16 AM

The Sam Goody in MoA is staying open. Suncoast is the only one thats closing.

How long have they known they were closing and, if for a while, what kind of discounts do they have? If they're running some good discounts I'll have to head over there sometime soon.

#272 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:20 PM

How long have they known they were closing and, if for a while, what kind of discounts do they have? If they're running some good discounts I'll have to head over there sometime soon.

They were at 25% last weekend with some things a little bit higher %-age off.

#273 Azeroth2k   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   24 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Azeroth2k

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:24 PM

They were at 25% last weekend with some things a little bit higher %-age off.

Thanks for the info. 25% probably puts them around the same prices Best Buy would have, since Suncoast is usually overpriced. Maybe I'll wait until they go a little higher...unless anyone saw some REALLY good deals there that I shouldn't pass up.

#274 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:31 PM

Thanks for the info. 25% probably puts them around the same prices Best Buy would have, since Suncoast is usually overpriced. Maybe I'll wait until they go a little higher...unless anyone saw some REALLY good deals there that I shouldn't pass up.

Well, its a little cheaper than best buy now but still more than or equal to Target. ITs great if your looking for a hard to find DVD because they still had quite a bit of inventory at this point. Here's an example I looked at though as far as prices go:

#275 Azeroth2k   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   24 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Azeroth2k

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:24 PM

Well, its a little cheaper than best buy now but still more than or equal to Target. ITs great if your looking for a hard to find DVD because they still had quite a bit of inventory at this point. Here's an example I looked at though as far as prices go:

I'm mostly interested in anime, import movies, and TV shows. An anime DVD at Suncoast usually runs about $30, so it'd still end up being around $25 after tax, which is around what it'd cost elsewhere. I know their TV sets are WAY overpriced...at least any I've ever looked at.

#276 Demolition Man   REV-OH-LU-TION! CAGiversary!   14854 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Demolition Man

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:12 AM

To all my fellow Minnesota Cheap Ass Gamers I'd like to wish you all a Happy Easter. Don't eat too much ham now. ;)

#277 inubu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:22 PM

To all my fellow Minnesota Cheap Ass Gamers I'd like to wish you all a Happy Easter. Don't eat too much ham now. ;)

It's not the ham we should fear, but the Peeps!

#278 Demolition Man   REV-OH-LU-TION! CAGiversary!   14854 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Demolition Man

Posted 16 April 2006 - 03:58 PM

It's not the ham we should fear, but the Peeps!

Posted Image

Christian Cage says HELLO to his P33ps in the Minnesota Deals Topic. :lol:

#279 Salmonday   Cranky Old Man CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:33 PM

Any of my MN CAGers happen to know someone in the Mankato-esque area who does Xbox repairs for Dirty Disk Errors and the like? My Xbox has become unplayable, but I'd rather try and fix it than get another system and not be able to transfer all the stuff on my hard drive.

I know I could send it in to Microsoft, but A.) They don't make any claims that your hard drive will survive, and B.) This thomson drive problem is their dirty bastard child in the first place, so it'll be a cold day in hell before I throw more money at them to fix it.

There was a store here called Big Game that used to do stuff like this, but they closed, and if I ask people at the remaining game stores (Gamestop and...um...Gamestop) their eyes just glaze over and a line of drool rolls out of thie mouths.

#280 nintendokid   MAGUS WANTS ME BAN 4 LIFE CAGiversary!   922 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

nintendokid

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:10 PM

Any of my MN CAGers happen to know someone in the Mankato-esque area who does Xbox repairs for Dirty Disk Errors and the like? My Xbox has become unplayable, but I'd rather try and fix it than get another system and not be able to transfer all the stuff on my hard drive.

I know I could send it in to Microsoft, but A.) They don't make any claims that your hard drive will survive, and B.) This thomson drive problem is their dirty bastard child in the first place, so it'll be a cold day in hell before I throw more money at them to fix it.

There was a store here called Big Game that used to do stuff like this, but they closed, and if I ask people at the remaining game stores (Gamestop and...um...Gamestop) their eyes just glaze over and a line of drool rolls out of thie mouths.

Mind as well buy a new one. You know all game stores (independently owned) charges $40 to fix a PSone. I can only guess at how much they will charge for an XBOX.

#281 Demolition Man   REV-OH-LU-TION! CAGiversary!   14854 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Demolition Man

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:33 AM

Mind as well buy a new one. You know all game stores (independently owned) charges $40 to fix a PSone. I can only guess at how much they will charge for an XBOX.

A customer who bought an XBox at my store a week ago told me she paid $80 "at some repair store" to have a bad DVD drive replaced out on her first XBox unit. :shock:

#282 VanillaGorilla   Shark Barber CAGiversary!   5519 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

VanillaGorilla

Posted 28 April 2006 - 12:33 AM

Anyone know of any flea markets/Salvation Army stores in Minnesota that sell used games and stuff? The Minnesota yardsale/garage sale "industry" isn't exactly booming, and I can never find any good stuff. I'm moving to northern Minnesota this weekend, so I'm hoping my luck up there with finding yardsales and thrift stores is a little better than it was down in Southern Minnesota.

#283 starman9000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1830 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

starman9000

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:16 AM

Anyone know of any flea markets/Salvation Army stores in Minnesota that sell used games and stuff? The Minnesota yardsale/garage sale "industry" isn't exactly booming, and I can never find any good stuff. I'm moving to northern Minnesota this weekend, so I'm hoping my luck up there with finding yardsales and thrift stores is a little better than it was down in Southern Minnesota.

Where are you moving? The thrift stores in the Fargo-moorhead area are pretty lame. Really, it seems like small town's have the only good thrift stores left, but they are very hit and miss.
"Just give me the cheapass games mmmmkay!!"

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=51530

#284 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   5011 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 29 April 2006 - 01:38 AM

For those in the Minneapolis area, the Toyriffic stores in Hudson and Maplewood will be having their semi-annual sales in the upcoming weeks. Hudson's sale is scheduled for 5-8pm on Saturday, May 13th, and Maplewood's will be a week later, from 5-8pm, on Saturday, May 20th.

-50% off pre-owned video games, VHS movies, music CDs, and toys
-30% off all video game accessories (new and used), all DVDs and DVD box sets (new and used), and Maplewood's "rare" case of games

It's my understanding that a few of the more rare games (mostly RPGs) will be pulled from the sale, or marked at 30% off instead of 50%, but this is a pretty good deal for most of the stuff (unless it's priced unreasonably high to begin with, of course - which happens from time to time).

Also, Toyriffic's Wisconsin locations will be holding their sales even sooner! Rice Lake's will be held next Friday, May 5th, from 6-9pm, and Eau Claire's is the following day, Saturday, May 6th, from 5-8pm.
Posted Image

#285 nintendokid   MAGUS WANTS ME BAN 4 LIFE CAGiversary!   922 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

nintendokid

Posted 29 April 2006 - 02:32 AM

Thanks for the info! Even if I don't buy anything, I'm still gonna check out the Maplewood sale in May.

#286 Demolition Man   REV-OH-LU-TION! CAGiversary!   14854 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Demolition Man

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:56 AM

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Nobody.

Nobody who?

Nobody In The

Nobody in the who?

Nobody in the Minnesota Deals Topic that's who!

(As in... where is everyone?)

#287 Whipt   Do I have some on my face CAGiversary!   1305 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:12 PM

FYI, Sam Goody downtown is now at 40-60% off. If you see a game with that looks really overpriced (like Marvel Nemesis or Gun for $49.99) it means they're just mismarked, as them to price check. Saw that they had Shadow Hearts: From The New World, and a bunch of 360 titles last time I was in there.

#288 Demolition Man   REV-OH-LU-TION! CAGiversary!   14854 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Demolition Man

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:53 PM

The Suncoast at Northtown is now closed. I walked by a week ago before they boarded the spot up. Seemed very strange after all those years to see it gone. Not that I'm too sad as the company is just badly run.

#289 inubu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:36 PM

The Suncoast at Northtown is now closed. I walked by a week ago before they boarded the spot up. Seemed very strange after all those years to see it gone. Not that I'm too sad as the company is just badly run.

I've lived in the Blaine/Coon Rapids area my whole life. It's sad seeing Northtown in the shape it's in. I used to ride my bike there in the early 80s and marvel at the selection of Commodore VIC 20 games at Radio Shack, the Atari 2600 games at KB, and the NES games at Woolworths. After checking out the games, I would head over to the arcade with my report card for some free tokens and stand in line to play a little Dragon's Lair.

Of those 4 businesses, why did Radio Shack get to be the one to survive?

Poor me!

#290 bisache   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   7 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2006 - 06:23 PM

Games 4 less in Lino Lakes has all there used inventory buy 2 get 1 free. I just stopped in a couple of days ago and the guy said that the sale will go to the end of the month.

#291 Demolition Man   REV-OH-LU-TION! CAGiversary!   14854 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Demolition Man

Posted 11 May 2006 - 03:31 PM

Of those 4 businesses, why did Radio Shack get to be the one to survive?

I wonder how the hell does Radio Shack stay in business when I often times see more employees than customers in the store. :lol:

#292 inubu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:05 PM

I wonder how the hell does Radio Shack stay in business when I often times see more employees than customers in the store. :lol:

Where else can you buy a 9 volt battery for $5.00?

#293 Demolition Man   REV-OH-LU-TION! CAGiversary!   14854 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Demolition Man

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:34 PM

Where else can you buy a 9 volt battery for $5.00?

Uuuhhhhhhhhh... I'll have to get back to you on that. ;)

#294 nintendokid   MAGUS WANTS ME BAN 4 LIFE CAGiversary!   922 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

nintendokid

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:08 PM

Roseville Gamestop has a copy of Alundra 1 if anyone wants it. $11.99 I believe. I shook it to see if it had the book and I think it's complete since it's pretty heavy.
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1631519#post1631519"][/URL]

#295 rally9x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:20 AM

No their really isn't.

#296 alberts   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   22 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:04 AM

I went to the Games N Go in Brooklyn Park today. A lot of oldies. It's a really nice place but the games are a little overpriced. Too much for my cheap ass.

#297 Whipt   Do I have some on my face CAGiversary!   1305 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:21 PM

Lots of clearance games at the downtown and Ridgedale Targets. LOTR: The Two Towers 1.84 (PS2-still a bunch of copies downtown), Mercenaries 7.98 (Xbox)/14.98 (PS2), 7.98 NBA Street Vol. 3 (Xbox), a bunch of others including serveral PSP titles.

#298 Sinizar   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   14 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:22 PM

For those in the Minneapolis area, the Toyriffic stores in Hudson and Maplewood will be having their semi-annual sales in the upcoming weeks. Hudson's sale is scheduled for 5-8pm on Saturday, May 13th, and Maplewood's will be a week later, from 5-8pm, on Saturday, May 20th.

-50% off pre-owned video games, VHS movies, music CDs, and toys
-30% off all video game accessories (new and used), all DVDs and DVD box sets (new and used), and Maplewood's "rare" case of games

It's my understanding that a few of the more rare games (mostly RPGs) will be pulled from the sale, or marked at 30% off instead of 50%, but this is a pretty good deal for most of the stuff (unless it's priced unreasonably high to begin with, of course - which happens from time to time).

Also, Toyriffic's Wisconsin locations will be holding their sales even sooner! Rice Lake's will be held next Friday, May 5th, from 6-9pm, and Eau Claire's is the following day, Saturday, May 6th, from 5-8pm.

Usually a scam. They pull anything worth anything. Their regular prices are twice what any local gamestore charges. So in the end they get you to come into the store and you save nothing. Plus their return policy is the worst in the business.

#299 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   5011 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:22 PM

Usually a scam. They pull anything worth anything. Their regular prices are twice what any local gamestore charges. So in the end they get you to come into the store and you save nothing. Plus their return policy is the worst in the business.

The current-gen stuff is almost always priced slightly cheaper than other used stores, but the older stuff (NES, SNES, PSX) can be overpriced, depending on what it is. I don't understand your beef with the return policy, though.
Posted Image

#300 Demolition Man   REV-OH-LU-TION! CAGiversary!   14854 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Demolition Man

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:30 AM

Okay... what is the deal here? We got a MASSIVE sale going on at CC and not a single word said in this thread..... come on Minnesota wake up damn it. I know we have a LOSING baseball team, a basketball team that has gone down the drain, a hockey team that has gone nowhere, and a football team that blows the big one every single damn time.... that doesn't give any of you any excuses here on CAG.