Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

Well, this is hardly a deal, but the Owatonna GameStop store has Musashi Samurai Legend new for $20, and a used copy of Persona 2 for $27.99 I believe. I don't know if it's the re-print version though.

Well everyone should know.. that the Gamestop in Midway always.. ALWAYS has that Buy 2 used games get 1 free. And I saw a lot of Persona 2 there.. I'm not too keen with Playstation RPGs but yea..

[quote name='1SwtDeception']Well everyone should know.. that the Gamestop in Midway always.. ALWAYS has that Buy 2 used games get 1 free.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I didn't know that :lol:

I always go to the Roseville or Maplewood Gamestops, but I'll definitely have to drop by the Midway one. Thanks for the info!

Roseville GS suck IMO there just isn't anything. The Maplewood one is fine... I've been there just once though. But man that place is far and the CC there seem so.. secluded? I just think that whole area is. I love the GameCrazy in Maplewood. I got my DC there and the keyboards just in the summer.

Anyone been to Joko? It's around Midway. I know it is a kind of "joke", but the place will reopen Oct 21.. well that place isn't that great, but I remember I got a Bujingai for $20 (from $24.00 down to $20). The cover was printed and no manual, but all I really wanted is the game. I'm wondering how management will be like and etc.

[quote name='Daz9402']Yay, Minnesota love... too bad there aren't many niche gamestores around here. I'll post if I see anything.[/QUOTE]
I know. I used to go to this place in Mounds View, Big 10 Video, and right next to it, there would be a different game store every year. One time it was Game Depot, another time it was Gamer X. The stores were never busy at all, which explains why they all went out of business.

Gotta love the huge retailers taking over media sales. At least the new EP Best Buy opens on the 21st. Then I don't have to go to Richfield to sell my soul.

[quote name='Daz9402']Gotta love the huge retailers taking over media sales. At least the new EP Best Buy opens on the 21st. Then I don't have to go to Richfield to sell my soul.[/QUOTE]

Do you guys know if they will have a grand opening sale?

Speaking of huge retailers taking over the little guys, are there any Funco's left in the Twin Cities? I just moved back to the Cities, but back in the 90's I remember a Funco in Roseville (which is now a GS, which as another poster mentioned, sucks monkey balls).

I did hit the Half Price Books in St. Paul (Highland) and in Maplewood and there were a few decent titles for the PC. Additionally, saw some good game guides but I don't collect those.

The last Funco left I knew about was on the 3rd floor of MoA. Of course that has long since been turned into an EB.

[quote name='Rihan']The last Funco left I knew about was on the 3rd floor of MoA. Of course that has long since been turned into an EB.[/QUOTE]

Ummm....no. There never was or has been a Funco on the 3rd floor of the MoA. There was one on 2nd, and that was turned into a GameStop like five or six years ago. Since then, the EBX, EB and both 1st and 2nd floor GameStops all closed and there is only a brand new GameStop up on 3rd left in that mall anymore.

[quote name='Nogib']Ummm....no. There never was or has been a Funco on the 3rd floor of the MoA. There was one on 2nd, and that was turned into a GameStop like five or six years ago. Since then, the EBX, EB and both 1st and 2nd floor GameStops all closed and there is only a brand new GameStop up on 3rd left in that mall anymore.[/QUOTE]

Really? I didn't think that the Gamestop on the first floor closed...then again, I haven't been to MoA lately.

The first floor gamestop closed a few months ago. It is now one of those Minnesota sweatshirt stores.

As for the EP BB grand opening, I saw a flyer in my STrib today with some deals. The only thing of note was a $15 giftcard for any combined purchase of $75 worth of CDs, DVDs and games. All the other stuff was meh.

[quote name='Daz9402']As for the EP BB grand opening, I saw a flyer in my STrib today with some deals. The only thing of note was a $15 giftcard for any combined purchase of $75 worth of CDs, DVDs and games. All the other stuff was meh.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Daz.

BTW...who's gonna be worse: Daunte or Brett?

Daunte will throw for 4 ints and 0 TDs.

Brett has been smokin' the last 2 games (well last 1.5). I don't think there's anything left in the Vikes tank.

BTW, Bryant McKinnie is signing autographs at the BB on Saturday.

[quote name='Daz9402']As for the EP BB grand opening, I saw a flyer in my STrib today with some deals. The only thing of note was a $15 giftcard for any combined purchase of $75 worth of CDs, DVDs and games. All the other stuff was meh.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming EP = Eden Prairie. Sorry, I just hadn't heard of this grand opening. Anyone know a date/dates for this event? Thanks!

P.S. People are still wasting their time with the Vikings? Move on to the Wild people. ;)

[quote name='Daz9402']Oh, also, I was just at MOA today... the Gamestop is on the 3rd floor across from the foodcourt.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was there today as well. I had never been there before...it was a lot bigger than Gamestops normally are.

I went to the GS at MOA and it is nicer/better looking than its previous locations.

BTW... this is off topic.. ish.. does anyone know that game.. that someone posted on the Video game deals.. or something. It was an anime style game and a side shooter. It's like this witch girl shooting bubbles and you get special weapons and it shoots bubbles in different ways..

So...who's gonna hit TRU on Sunday (tomorrow)?

I live over by Roseville - the nearest TRU is in Maplewood though I've never been there. Which is the best TRU (in terms of game selection in the TC)?

BTW...Go Wild.

[quote name='1SwtDeception']I went to the GS at MOA and it is nicer/better looking than its previous locations.

BTW... this is off topic.. ish.. does anyone know that game.. that someone posted on the Video game deals.. or something. It was an anime style game and a side shooter. It's like this witch girl shooting bubbles and you get special weapons and it shoots bubbles in different ways..[/QUOTE]

Castle Shikigami 2, perhaps?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Castle Shikigami 2, perhaps?[/QUOTE]

Yea I wanted to use that as an example, but this was kinda "home brewed", but eh worth a try to ask.

I think Burnsville has a good game selection? I haven't gone to one in so long.. and not planning to.. for a while..

Man, I went to the TRU in St. Cloud today hoping to snag GTA:SA for Xbox, Shadow of the Colossus, and either RE4 or Soul Calibur III but they had none of the above in stock, nor anything good for that matter. The TRU here is horrible.

[quote name='jdirtybird32']Man, I went to the TRU in St. Cloud today hoping to snag GTA:SA for Xbox, Shadow of the Colossus, and either RE4 or Soul Calibur III but they had none of the above in stock, nor anything good for that matter. The TRU here is horrible.[/QUOTE]

Replace St. Cloud with Blaine and you just summed up mine. :lol:

[quote name='jdirtybird32']Man, I went to the TRU in St. Cloud today hoping to snag GTA:SA for Xbox, Shadow of the Colossus, and either RE4 or Soul Calibur III but they had none of the above in stock, nor anything good for that matter. The TRU here is horrible.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap there's another St. Cloud CAGer?!?!? I can't believe it.

[quote name='demomanTNA']Replace St. Cloud with Blaine and you just summed up mine. :lol:[/QUOTE]

LOL, that's the closest TRU to my parents house where I stay on the weekends when I'm in the cities to work.

Two posts in a row of people that live by me, funky.

Just great...

I live in Coon Rapids (right next to Blaine). Now I know there are three of us fighting for the same games in the same store.

[quote name='inubu']Just great...

I live in Coon Rapids (right next to Blaine). Now I know there are three of us fighting for the same games in the same store.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I'm only there on the weekends, BTW ever check out the Pawn America by Northtown? They usually have some pretty decent deals.

[quote name='inubu']Just great...

I live in Coon Rapids (right next to Blaine). Now I know there are three of us fighting for the same games in the same store.[/QUOTE]

Its even worse when one of them works at one of the stores. :lol:

[quote name='demomanTNA']Its even worse when one of them works at one of the stores. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wait, you work at Blaine TRU? I used to work for that store! I mean technically anyway, I was part of the remodel crew a few years ago and got hired through the Blaine store but spent all my time working in the Bloomington store.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wait, you work at Blaine TRU? I used to work for that store! I mean technically anyway, I was part of the remodel crew a few years ago and got hired through the Blaine store but spent all my time working in the Bloomington store.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I'm across the street at CC. :D

[quote name='demomanTNA']Nope, I'm across the street at CC. :D[/QUOTE]

Ahh, I figured it was TRU cause that's the store we were talking about. Well its not wonder I didn't find squat at that CC during the $9.99 summer sale, did you guys have any Baten Kaitos when the sale started?

[quote name='tickdude']So...who's gonna hit TRU on Sunday (tomorrow)?

I live over by Roseville - the nearest TRU is in Maplewood though I've never been there. Which is the best TRU (in terms of game selection in the TC)?

BTW...Go Wild.[/QUOTE]

You're haven't missed out on anything at the Maplewood TRU. I've found the Roseville location to have a much better selection...only problem is that they closed down :lol:

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Ahh, I figured it was TRU cause that's the store we were talking about. Well its not wonder I didn't find squat at that CC during the $9.99 summer sale, did you guys have any Baten Kaitos when the sale started?[/QUOTE]

If I remember right we only had a few copies and they went pretty quickly. And no it was not me who took em all. I only snagged "Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King" for the GBA and "Ridge Racer" for the DS during the sale along with the XBox "Return Of The King" for $7.50ish.

Tempted to grab "Prince Of Persia" for the GBA now that its $7.50ish. :D

One of the employees at the Circuit City in Coon Rapids spent about 30 minutes finding the one copy in stock of MegaMan Anniversary Collection for the GameCube when it went on sale. He even knew that I must have known about the sale from a "list posted online." If only all store employees were that dedicated. . .

[quote name='inubu']One of the employees at the Circuit City in Coon Rapids spent about 30 minutes finding the one copy in stock of MegaMan Anniversary Collection for the GameCube when it went on sale. He even knew that I must have known about the sale from a "list posted online." If only all store employees were that dedicated. . .[/QUOTE]

Make sure you give a good word to his manager. Its not too often we come across employees this willing to hunt things down.

[quote name='inubu']One of the employees at the Circuit City in Coon Rapids spent about 30 minutes finding the one copy in stock of MegaMan Anniversary Collection for the GameCube when it went on sale. He even knew that I must have known about the sale from a "list posted online." If only all store employees were that dedicated. . .[/QUOTE]

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Glad I was able to help. :D

Oh and I must admit that the Half Price Books in Coon Rapids has improved quite a bit lately. I've gotten some good scores including:

Twlight Zone The Complete Series (the recent UPN one) - $9.98
Full House Season One - $9.98
Pink Floyd - The Early Singles - $7.98 (this is pretty rare as this only got released with the Shine On boxset)

They have also gotten a LARGE amount of Laserdiscs as of lately. There are a few that I might end up picking up eventually as well. :)

I've all but given up on the Half Price Books in Coon Rapids when it comes to console games. It's a great place to pick up NFL Fever 2003 for $7.99, but that's about it for selection. PC games are really hit or miss. I do like their return policy -- full credit if returned within 30 days on all software/games. For about six months, I bought/returned for credit/rebought games using the same original credit again and again. I was the ultimate CAG.

Most of my money goes to the Pawn America mentioned a few posts back. They do odd pricing, though. They'll have a Luigi's Mansion for $20.00 sitting right next to an identical one for $8.00. I bought a used Gamecube with one controller from one of their eBay auctions for $33.00 -- with no shipping because I just picked it up at their Fridley location -- and it looked brand new.

Oh, and by the way, if it really was you, demomanTNA, that found that Megaman game for me, thanks! I was so excited to get it. Now maybe someday I'll have the time to play it.

Yeah that HPB is crap when it comes to console games. Then again I understand why they don't get much in when they pay even lower than Gamestop or EB does - and HPB also will take pretty much anything so that is why you see floods of NFL Fever 2003 (amongst every other older sports game).

I do agree Pawn America does have some odd pricing. Same with the Goodwill next to the Target Greatland by Northtown. They just got a TON of Target's recent clearance items in and obviously they have been marked up far over what Target was clearing them out for... well except for the Samsung 26 inch HDTV (which at $250 is a nice deal tho the remote is missing... unless they got it at the register since I didn't ask).

[quote name='inubu']Oh, and by the way, if it really was you, demomanTNA, that found that Megaman game for me, thanks! I was so excited to get it. Now maybe someday I'll have the time to play it.[/QUOTE]

Never a problem to help out a fellow CAGer. I figure since many other forum members around here have helped me score some nice deals that its fair to return the favor by helping out myself (by posting CC markdowns, clearance lists, etc etc etc).

Anyways... gotta get ready for my shift soon. Sadly I get to miss out on watching the Vikes game this week on my nice HDTV but hell... not like as if I am missing anything. :rofl:

Daunte is out for the rest of the season and for most of next. What do you all think, time to tank the season and hope for drafting Matt Leinart?

[quote name='Daz9402']Daunte is out for the rest of the season and for most of next. What do you all think, time to tank the season and hope for drafting Matt Leinart?[/QUOTE]

Well, I think the decision to "tank" the season is really nothing that they can control, their lack of talent/coaching is already taking care of that. If they did try to tank, they would probably end up backdooring into the playoffs again.

[quote name='starman9000']Well, I think the decision to "tank" the season is really nothing that they can control, their lack of talent/coaching is already taking care of that. If they did try to tank, they would probably end up backdooring into the playoffs again.[/QUOTE]

Worse yet is if they end up backdooring into the Super Bowl. :hot:

Given the Vikes... anything IS possible.

Hehe, well Brad Johnson is old, slow, and not very flashy, but he certainly won't lose the Vikes games like a certain other guy. (whose knee they are still scraping up off the field) This might be a blessing for the Vikings no matter what happens. On one hand they could turn their season around...I mean this is the NFC North people! On the other hand they lose every game they have left and have a chance at Matt Lienart or Vince Young. Lets face it, Culpepper has been exposed as a fraud. Moss made him look like an MVP. I was fooled like everyone else. Hopefully Ziggy can fix the mess that is the Minnesota Vikings.

bread's done
Back