- - - - -

Minnesota Deals Topic

#2491 PapaSmerf   Central Scrutinizer CAGiversary!   1138 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

I quit shopping at BBs when the liquidation begins.  The deals were soooo much better during their regular sales.

#2492 BudzMcGee   Clearance Bin Review CAGiversary!   3522 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

FYI, check your emails I just got a 10% off coupon for the MOA Best Buy because they are closing the mobile phone store part of it or something. Plenty of restrictions and I don't know what triggers it (I have it listed as one of my preferred stores as I used to work at MOA and I'd stop in there all the time and it is still one of the two closest stores to where I live). 

Also, if anyone bought some blurays at Blockbuster and would like some regular bluray cases instead of those ugly converted dvd cases to put them in I've got some I'm looking to get rid of. I'd prefer to sell them in groups of 10 for $10, but would maybe consider dividing it up more. Otherwise they are going on eBay soon. 

Shoot me a PM if interested, I don't check this thread often.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Get money back for purchases at Target, Best Buy and more with Ibotta (My Referral Link).

#2493 EarthBoundX5   Chef Jesus CAGiversary!   1725 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

EarthBoundX5

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:24 AM

Just an fyi...

Minnetonka Toys R Us has a copy of Project X Zone Limited Edition for $20 (the stock checker lies, they've had 2 copies for months, but I only just today picked up one of em).

Also, Best Buy in Minnetonka has a Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition. You can PM GameStop for $10 if you don't wanna goto Shingle Creek/Brooklyn Center for their potentially gutted copy or are not making an order over $25 online

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#2494 PapaSmerf   Central Scrutinizer CAGiversary!   1138 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

Best Buy in Minnetonka has some clearance games that I believe just went down to 50% off.  Examples of what I  bought with GCU (20% off taken before 50%):

:3ds: Project X Zone - $11.19

:360:  Amazing Spiderman - $11.19

:360:  Family Guy - $9.59

:ps3: Dead Space 3 - $7.99

:360: DMC =- $8.39

There were more of those listed above and some others.  I missed out on Monster Hunter Ultimate 3 for Wii U

EDIT:  Somehow lost this one when posting - :wiiu: Wonderful 101 $10.79 (two left at 3:30 PM)

#2495 EarthBoundX5   Chef Jesus CAGiversary!   1725 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

EarthBoundX5

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:15 AM

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! for the Xbox 360 was $11.98 (Labeled as $19.98) at the Knollwood Target.  At least 2 copies were left.

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#2496 BudzMcGee   Clearance Bin Review CAGiversary!   3522 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

Minneapolis area folks looking for a copy of Wonderful 101 for $12 at Toys R Us clearance might care to know...

The Minnetonka store had about 9 left as of 2pm Sunday. They weren't marked as clearance before so probably a big part of why they were still there but they are marked now.  Had a fair amount of games left in general (a few by the front door but plenty in the back electronics area).

Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Get money back for purchases at Target, Best Buy and more with Ibotta (My Referral Link).

#2497 nasum   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3480 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:39 PM

I've had awful luck finding anything recently. A 3ds crossword game from TRU is the best I've done for the last couple of months.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#2498 2DMention   Cyberpunk CAGiversary!   3822 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

Heads up guys, Blaine and Anoka Kmarts are closing in Dec. and are starting liquidation this Sun.

http://www.twincitie...tores-set-close

Posted Image

#2499 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:04 PM

Heads up guys, Blaine and Anoka Kmarts are closing in Dec. and are starting liquidation this Sun.

http://www.twincitie...tores-set-close

My god, the Anoka one is finally on the chopping block. I don't think I ever saw that parking lot with more than 15-20 cars in it, even on the busiest of days. At a certain point I just figured it was an entire store version of Milton Wadams and Kmart just forgot it was still sitting there open.

#2500 2DMention   Cyberpunk CAGiversary!   3822 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

My god, the Anoka one is finally on the chopping block. I don't think I ever saw that parking lot with more than 15-20 cars in it, even on the busiest of days. At a certain point I just figured it was an entire store version of Milton Wadams and Kmart just forgot it was still sitting there open.

Yea, I agree. It's so remote and far out of the way - very bad local, but close to my parent's house.

Posted Image

#2501 Demolition Man   REV-OH-LU-TION! CAGiversary!   14829 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Demolition Man

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:02 PM

Yea, I agree. It's so remote and far out of the way - very bad local, but close to my parent's house.

Yeah by today's standards it is a bad location. But when it was built it was slightly better given that the monster known as Riverdale didn't exist at the time and there wasn't much in shopping in the area. And with it being near the technical college it seemed like a good idea since K-Mart could have drawn some good business from college students. But sadly that's not the case as I suspect not even the college students know that K-Mart is across the street and are instead going to Riverdale for whatever shopping needs they have (or simply pretending that K-Mart is not there).

New sig coming soon.

#2502 2DMention   Cyberpunk CAGiversary!   3822 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

Yeah by today's standards it is a bad location. But when it was built it was slightly better given that the monster known as Riverdale didn't exist at the time and there wasn't much in shopping in the area. And with it being near the technical college it seemed like a good idea since K-Mart could have drawn some good business from college students. But sadly that's not the case as I suspect not even the college students know that K-Mart is across the street and are instead going to Riverdale for whatever shopping needs they have (or simply pretending that K-Mart is not there).

Indeed. I'd say Sears is on it's way out too, but they stay afloat because of their appliances and tools.

Posted Image

#2503 Spicollidriver   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   331 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Spicollidriver

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

How big of a discount do they start with when they close. Might check out the Blaine store

#2504 2DMention   Cyberpunk CAGiversary!   3822 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:09 PM

Games are 25% off, systems and accessories 10% off. Anoka still had a ton of stuff. Got Hometown Story which was clearance marked for $16, I got it for less than $6.

Posted Image

#2505 Demolition Man   REV-OH-LU-TION! CAGiversary!   14829 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Demolition Man

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:55 AM

Indeed. I'd say Sears is on it's way out too, but they stay afloat because of their appliances and tools.

At this point I wouldn't be shocked if the Coon Rapids Sears is gone by the end of next year at the latest. The last time I was in there I saw more employees roaming around than customers. And this mind you was December last year on a Saturday during the holiday shopping season. Not a good sign for Sears.

New sig coming soon.

#2506 Demolition Man   REV-OH-LU-TION! CAGiversary!   14829 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Demolition Man

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:52 PM

I stopped by the Blaine K-Mart yesterday. Very depressing experience. No electronics or gaming to speak of the entire area is gutted with only some figures left. Mostly random crap that's left and they only had three registers open with lines fairly backed up. I saw nothing of value left in my opinion.

New sig coming soon.

#2507 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   1737 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:14 AM

I stopped by the Blaine K-Mart yesterday. Very depressing experience. No electronics or gaming to speak of the entire area is gutted with only some figures left. Mostly random crap that's left and they only had three registers open with lines fairly backed up. I saw nothing of value left in my opinion.

The Lake Street Kmart in Minneapolis is also dead. Tons of shovelware and the gaming section is down to one wall. Kmart will be gone soon at this rate.

Trying to find time for video games, while also trying to be a decent college student.

Currently Playing:  :ps4: Bloodborne / Destiny   :ps3: Assassin's Creed: Rogue / Destiny  :vita: Child of Light   :wiiu: Super Smash Bros.  :3ds: Monster Hunter Ultimate 4

Most Recently Beat:   :vita: Mortal Kombat   :ps4: Mortal Kombat X   :ps4: Life Is Strange - Episode 1: Chrysalis

"Sony gave me a partial refund on a Wii U game."

#2508 BudzMcGee   Clearance Bin Review CAGiversary!   3522 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

The Lake Street Kmart in Minneapolis is also dead. 

I've always said that the Lake Street Kmart is where hope goes to die. Personally can't wait till that store is gone, the building can be plowed over and Nicolet isn't broken up by a shitty Kmart any more. 

#2509 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   1737 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:08 AM

Sears in St. Paul has Pokemon Y x2 for $12.99 each, Pokemon X x1 for $12.99, Mario Kart 7 for $14.97, and a handful of PS4 + XB1 headsets and controller chargers. Happy hunting!

Trying to find time for video games, while also trying to be a decent college student.

Currently Playing:  :ps4: Bloodborne / Destiny   :ps3: Assassin's Creed: Rogue / Destiny  :vita: Child of Light   :wiiu: Super Smash Bros.  :3ds: Monster Hunter Ultimate 4

Most Recently Beat:   :vita: Mortal Kombat   :ps4: Mortal Kombat X   :ps4: Life Is Strange - Episode 1: Chrysalis

"Sony gave me a partial refund on a Wii U game."

#2510 Spicollidriver   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   331 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Spicollidriver

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:58 AM

Hmm thanks might need to grab Mario kart for my wife

#2511 Soupuu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:54 AM

Looking to offload some stuff. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. I'm located in south burbs, so prefer local, but if you pay for shipping can ship out too.

Consoles:
- Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi version - $175
- NES (just the system, no cords or controllers) - $5

Video Game Controllers:
- US KOC Beatmania Controllers x 2 - $35 each
- Guilty Gear XX PS3 conroller - $35
- Hori Real Arcade Pro PS3 w/Seimitsu buttons - $50
- Off brand soft DDR pads x 2 - $5 each

Games:

PS3
- BlazBlue limited edition - $20

Nintendo 3DS: