Mario & Luigi Superstar saga 19.99 at Sears + Other games + Minish Cap 19.99

SaraAB

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Sears is having a game clearance in case you dont know, the games have pink stickers on them, the ones that are on sale.

Mario and Luigi was 19.99 (This game is impossible to find for under 30$, i have tried for a long time and finally got a copy!)

There are also many other first party nintendo games for no more than 24.99. Keep in mind this is for complete and in the box games. I think Minish Cap is 19.99 as well, talk about a deal! Some of the gba pokemon games were 24.99 and there were some others.

There are also ps2 and xbox gamess on sale as well. I didnt note any gamecube clearance at the store.

This shouldnt be YMMV as the games were clearly ticketed, titles will vary depending on what a store has left.

Now why everyone cleaned out all the TRU games and didnt touch the Sears ones is beyond me, the price was hardly a difference anyways, note that my Sears is in the same mall right next to a TRU.

The Sears where i bought my games was Niagara Falls, NY in the Summit Park Mall.

[quote name='SaraAB']
Now why everyone cleaned out all the TRU games and didnt touch the Sears ones is beyond me, the price was hardly a difference anyways, note that my Sears is in the same mall right next to a TRU.
l.[/QUOTE]

Nobody shops at Sears on a daily basis, and no one from Sears video game dept. is on CAG that I know of, so none of us knows about these things.

Do you remember what ps2 / xbox games were on clearance?

Ahh, M & L and Minish Cap, I wouldn't have to think about buying them right now if someone hadn't stole them, along with my Suikoden coin, out of my damn bedroom. Grrrr. -_-;;;

Good prices on both, thanks OP!

i can confirm, i was there wednesday, but neglected to pick up either. i did pick up Dr. Mario classic NES series for $5 though.

I can confirm this as well, I almost posted it, but thought people might flame it.

I saw Mario & Luigi red-tagged at $19.99, 3 copies, and Zelda Minish Cap was either $19.99 or $24.99. There were a few other games marked down to $24.99 as well, I don't recall what they were.

The PS2/Xbox/GC prices were nothing special to me but the GBA markdowns were good - hard to find decent marked-down GBA games.

Saw in the Saginaw, MI store.

I might just be stopping by my Sears tomorrow for Minish Cap. Still kicking myself for not picking it up at BB/CC when it was on sale.

There was another thread about this, but I think it got burried a few pages back now, so starting a new one is just as good!

I posted on the other thread of what I found:

I went to two different Sears stores and they both had the same GBA red (pink?) tagged clearance. Aside from those mentioned above, I saw:

Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 $24.97
Pokemon Sapphire Version $24.97 (Ruby Version was still $34.99)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance $24.97
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games $24.97
Metroid: Zero Mission $24.97 (better deal green tagged at TRU)
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour $24.97 (better deal green tagged at TRU)

All GBA Videos $9.97

Classic NES Series: Legend of Zelda $4.97
Classic NES Series: Donkey Kong $4.97
Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros. $4.97

The red tagged PS2 and Xbox games I saw were not even low enough to be considered deals and mostly just old sports games, but I'm sure it's a YMMV deal on what's out there.

I stopped by my sears and no GBA games had pink tags on them, although they did have some of the games on the list, just not marked down. I've only managed to get one good deal there, a PSone w/screen for like 60 bucks about a year ago.

Its a very good deal especially for collectors who want a complete game in the box (like myself!)

For the person that found the games without pink tags, you should get them to scan the games at the register, it could be someone just forget to put the tags on them

I wanted the 5$ Dr. Mario but must have been gone as there was none left, there were some castlevania classics marked for 9.99 as well, but not clearance price.

I am happy i was finally able to post a good sale after reading all the other posts and taking advantage of the sales, hehe.

My parents picked up Mario & Luigi: SS for me while I was at work.
The tag on my game is white, not red/pink :D...

Thanks OP!

I was able to pick up Zelda (NES Classics) for $4.97, though most of the other NES Classics they had were still normal price ($9.99, including Zelda II, Metroid, and Castlevania).

Donkey Kong was tagged at $4.97 but OOS, and Dr. Mario was not tagged, but was hidden behind another NES Classics title - I didn't bother checking the price on it.

I've got to say that IMHO the NES Classics aren't probably worth much more than $5 - the Japanese ones were nice because they were totally aimed at collectors and nostalgia, but with the US ones they couldn't even manage a decent looking instruction book (black and white and green?), let alone a nice-looking box. Blah. Oh well - it's totally worth the $5 at least, so thanks OP. :)

I went. Saw nothing. Fox Valley in Wayne's World, IL.

They had a cart with X/P/G games, but they were all 19.99ish and nothing special.

I'm going back to pick up my brother who's getting his ride fixed. Funny, I don't go there for like 6 months, and now I go twice in one day.

[quote name='Maklershed']Everyone needs to buy Minish Cap. It friggin rules.[/QUOTE]

yea game is awesome.

mario and luigi is hard to find new especially for under 29.99 BUT if you buy it used at gamestop it's almost every where. it ranges tho i've seen them be fags and do 24.99 used with no box but i've also seen it as low as 19.99 and 14.99 used. i couldn't wait when it first came out i didn't care if it was 50 bux this game is just crazy good.

The Sears in Frisco, TX didn't have any games marked at the sales prices, the sales guy in the department had no idea they were on sale. I picked up Minish Cap for $19.99 and the NES Classic LoZ and Dr. Mario for $4.97 each. NES Classic Castlevania still rings up at the marked price $9.99 like someone else posted.

I went to the new ex-K-Mart Sears Essentials. They had Minish Cap with a rack sticker saying 29.99, but a price check revealed it to be 19.99. Cool! They did not have Mario & Luigi.

Was at Sears again today and they had some different red tagged games:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past with Four Swords (GBA) $19.97
WarioWare Touched! (DS) $24.97

Pretty good prices on them, as you're not likely to get them new for less any time soon. WWT! is $34.99 almost everywhere else. TLOZ: ALTTPWFS was $15 (50% off) at Big K-Mart, but most if not all were cleaned out long ago.

[quote name='blandstalker']I went to the new ex-K-Mart Sears Essentials. They had Minish Cap with a rack sticker saying 29.99, but a price check revealed it to be 19.99. Cool![/QUOTE]

Was "The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap" $19.99 or $19.97? Just wondering if it was the same red tagged clearance going on at Sears Essentials. The new Sears Essential stores basically suck since they don't honor the sale prices or clearance prices of either Sears or K-Mart during their 50% off sales.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Was "The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap" $19.99 or $19.97? Just wondering if it was the same red tagged clearance going on at Sears Essentials. The new Sears Essential stores basically suck since they don't honor the sale prices or clearance prices of either Sears or K-Mart during their 50% off sales.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I dug out the receipt to be sure. It was $19.97, and I remember that the price check machine printed "CLEARANCE" along with the price. So it seems a Sears Essentials is essentially a Sears for clearance merchandise.

I might go by today to see if they have Warioware Touched.

I wonder how fast these clearance games will drop. I wouldn't mind waiting a little while for some. Especially since my sears had a bunch of some of the titles like Minish Cap.

My God! Maybe I can finally play that there new Zelda on the GBA!

Oddly enough I never think about Sears for games, but always for console launches, nobody ever thinks of going to Sears on launch day.

If I find a copy, Thanks OP!

If not, I wasted my time OP. :p

i went ahead and picked up Minish Cap. LoZ: TLttP was $20 as well, Super Mario World was $25, and M&L was of course $20 as well. Minish Cap was the only one i had to have.

Went back to Sears again today and they had "Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones" with a blue clearance price tag of $19.97 on it! Snatched that one up in a hurry. Once I bought it, I peeled off the Sears long white price tag that was covering the UPC (045496733421) with $29.99 on it, and noticed it was different than the UPC on the box (045496735203), so I'm thinking maybe the sale price was intended for the original "Fire Emblem" and somebody put the wrong UPC code sticker on the new one. The employee only scanned the Sears tag and not the game box UPC.

I might have just gotten a good YMMV price mistake deal, but don't know for sure.

yeah, saw GBA Donkey Kong for $5, but everything else that cheap was cleaned out. There were a lot of $19.99 titles like Jak 3, Killzone, Rachet games, Fable, many sports games, etc... One can only hope they'll have some form of sale to knock those games down a bit lower since no one shops at this sears...

Well, I managed to find Zelda: Minish Cap...but no luck with Mario&Luigi. Guess I'll have to keep searching for that one. They also had Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories marked down to 24.97.

Thanks OP, I was just about to break down and pay 30 for Zelda at a local gamestore.

There were a few older PS2 and Xbox games on red tag clearance too. The only non-sports titles I saw were:

The Sims: Bustin' Out (Xbox ONLY) $9.97
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (Xbox ONLY) $9.97
Tekken Tag Tournament (PS2) $12.97

Decent price on The Sims: BO. I got it for $10 at the CC summer clearance and played it like crazy for a couple of weeks with my girlfriend.

Amazingly, I see stacks of "Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga" at every Sears I go to clearly marked $19.97. Guess everybody around here already has it ot doesn't think to look there.

[quote name='GunstarRed']
Amazingly, I see stacks of "Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga" at every Sears I go to clearly marked $19.97. Guess everybody around here already has it ot doesn't think to look there.[/QUOTE]

Hmm couldn't find a single copy at myc closest Sears, I will try another nearby store tomorrow.

[quote name='msdmoney']Hmm couldn't find a single copy at my closest Sears, I will try another nearby store tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you'll have a much harder time finding "Mario & Luigi" or any decent deals since you're in Los Angeles. When I spend my summer vacation out there, I can't find anything! Once I get back to Florida, it's deals galore! Good luck...you'll need it.

[quote name='GunstarRed']
Amazingly, I see stacks of "Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga" at every Sears I go to clearly marked $19.97. Guess everybody around here already has it ot doesn't think to look there.[/QUOTE]

That's the one I haven't been able to find. I've been to two Sears and one Essentials. No sign of M&L at any of them, but both Sears stores had just terrible selection and display of GBA/DS stuff.

bread's done
Back