- - - - -

Kansas CAG Thread

#31 fillican   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:58 PM

Anyone know of somewhere on the west side of KC that has Animal Crossing: WW even available? They're all sold out in Lawrence. :(

SI

I saw some animal crossings at ToyRus by oak park mall this morning

#32 sterlingice   Former KS Deal Lackey CAGiversary!   772 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2005 - 06:20 AM

Thanks for the response. That was the next place my wife and I were headed but we found it at the 115th and Metcalf BB. Used the $10 off coupon, too, so $25 :D

It's crazy- there wasn't a single copy in Lawrence at Target, Wal Mart, EBGames, or Best Buy. And online, it's sold out at Amazon (and TRU), Buy.com, Barnes&Noble.com (and Gamestop since that's who they get it thru), EBGames.com, Target.com, and WalMart.com

For anyone looking for a copy and not wanting to pay $45+ on ebay, there were 7 or 8 copies at that BB.

SI

#33 MrX   Uosdwis R. Dewoh CAGiversary!   473 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:30 PM

Was at walmart in salina, ks early this am and saw that they had 3 core and 2 premium xbox 360s in stock

#34 umcthomas   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:22 PM

Lenexa here. We have an interesting used game store here. It just opened this summer (I believe). It was called Replay and is just west of Quivira on 95th street (next to the Chipotle). Anyway, then have already changed names. There is a big banner hanging over Replay Games that says Game Exchange.

They never seem to have any business and there selection of this generation games isn't great. They do have some adequate deals on used DVDs and they have quite the selection of older systems available; that is, in case you missed out on the Dreamcast or the concreate-block-sized Gameboy. It seems like the place that I may score a hard-to-find game at some some point, but no luck yet for me (although my little brother found some RPG I'd never heard of and was pretty happy). They sell some othere fun stuff like case mods for the current generation systems.

If anyone is in out this way, there are a couple Vintage Stock stores that are fun to go to as well.

UMC

#35 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   8629 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Afrika
PS3

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:30 AM

Lenexa here. We have an interesting used game store here. It just opened this summer (I believe). It was called Replay and is just west of Quivira on 95th street (next to the Chipotle). Anyway, then have already changed names. There is a big banner hanging over Replay Games that says Game Exchange.

They never seem to have any business and there selection of this generation games isn't great. They do have some adequate deals on used DVDs and they have quite the selection of older systems available; that is, in case you missed out on the Dreamcast or the concreate-block-sized Gameboy. It seems like the place that I may score a hard-to-find game at some some point, but no luck yet for me (although my little brother found some RPG I'd never heard of and was pretty happy). They sell some othere fun stuff like case mods for the current generation systems.

If anyone is in out this way, there are a couple Vintage Stock stores that are fun to go to as well.

UMC

There used to be a game exchange on 23rd street in Lawrence, had a fairly large stock, with olders stuff like genesis, game gear, and some import stuff.

Guardian_owl.png

#36 fillican   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:59 AM

UMC

I was at Game Exchange and I really do think that place is pretty crappy. You should just stick with Vinatge Stock.

#37 umcthomas   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:10 AM

I was at Game Exchange and I really do think that place is pretty crappy. You should just stick with Vinatge Stock.

If you went to the one on 95th then it could just be because they took over the old store, which came prestocked with a poor selection. There is apperantly another GameExchange opened up down by 119 and blackbob in Oletha. I haven't been to that one though. As much as I like looking around Vintage Stock, I rarely find anything I want to buy that has a decent price on it. It's lots of fun to look around though; when my old college buddies come to town we go out there to look at how much our old GI Joes and Transformers are selling for now. They also have all the old Star Wars suff you could want (execpt for the pitiful selection of the Decipher TCG).

#38 dratsacras   Boomshanka CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

dratsacras

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:33 AM

Out of curiousity, does anybody know if that GameExchange on 95th associated with the GameXchange stores on Noland Road in Independence or 291 in Lee's Summit?

#39 OzCatter   Who Watches the Watchmen? CAGiversary!   595 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:10 PM

GameXchange is not affliated with the Kansas locations. It's franchises of other stores.

And Vintage Stock is my choice of Ma and Pa stores in the area, the limited selection of them. Lawrence is a better choice for that on Mass.
Posted Image

#40 umcthomas   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:26 PM

And Vintage Stock is my choice of Ma and Pa stores in the area, the limited selection of them. Lawrence is a better choice for that on Mass.

Are you saying a GameXchange on Mass or a vintage stock. I'm guessing the former because I never heard of a vintage stock out there. There have been a couple Vintage Stocks open up in Springfield Mo (one of them used to be Caveman).

#41 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   8629 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Afrika
PS3

Posted 04 January 2006 - 12:03 AM

Been awhile since I've been downtown, the only game store that I know of that is downtown is Game Guy in Lawrence.

Guardian_owl.png

#42 sterlingice   Former KS Deal Lackey CAGiversary!   772 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:45 AM

There's a new (4 months old) used-game only store in Lawrence downtown on Mass, Game Nut, I think. It's between 8th and 9th or maybe 9th and 10th. I ran across it last week when I was getting a hair cut.

SI

#43 umcthomas   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:45 PM

There's a new (4 months old) used-game only store in Lawrence downtown on Mass, Game Nut, I think. It's between 8th and 9th or maybe 9th and 10th. I ran across it last week when I was getting a hair cut.

SI

Any idea if this place is open on Sunday? I did the following google: '"Game Nut" lawrence ks' and the number one hit is this message board.

T

#44 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   8629 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Afrika
PS3

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:28 PM

Any idea if this place is open on Sunday? I did the following google: '"Game Nut" lawrence ks' and the number one hit is this message board.

T

If they are, I imagine they close at 6, I'd call them for ya, but I don't have the number.

Guardian_owl.png

#45 Brainwave0   Farvegnugen! CAGiversary!   625 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:55 AM

Anyone know if the TRU that's closing in Wichita has any good deals?? I'm mainly looking for 360 stuff.

Posted Image

Trade List: here

#46 pinebarrens   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   560 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

pinebarrens

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:52 AM

I checked out the TRU on bannister that is closing hoping to find some 360 accessories for sale, but everything was gone.

#47 umcthomas   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:06 AM

Anyone know if the TRU that's closing in Wichita has any good deals?? I'm mainly looking for 360 stuff.

I haven't been to any of the TRU closings, but in my experience store closings are awful for finding deals. Everyone jumps in and buys all the good stuff on the first 10% off deal (of which they could do better by waiting for a sale). Remember all the K-Mart closings awhile back? Awful.

If anyone wanted a followup on my previous question, Game Nut is open on Sundays, but I didn't find anything too interesting from the current generation games. They had some nice old stuff and there were some interesting DVDs though. I didn't like the prices I saw so much either, par for the course I guess. I did find some hard-to-find- chocolate up the street at the Europe store though.

T

#48 dratsacras   Boomshanka CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

dratsacras

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:24 AM

I checked out the TRU on bannister that is closing hoping to find some 360 accessories for sale, but everything was gone.

Did you try the Sears in the mall? It's closing too, and I think everything is 20% off.

#49 Brainwave0   Farvegnugen! CAGiversary!   625 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:23 PM

That's a shame. I found some deals there awhile after the TRU sale started and was hoping to do the same this time. Thanks for the info...

Posted Image

Trade List: here

#50 umcthomas   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:41 PM

Just a heads up for anyone around Kansas City: The Shawnee Target (on Shawnee Mission Parkway) has 2 copies of Guitar Hero left at $60.

T

#51 OzCatter   Who Watches the Watchmen? CAGiversary!   595 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:33 AM

Pretty much every Blockbuster with a GameRush recieved shipments of 360's this morning. If they are out, they will recieve another next Tuesday.

Which is why I have a 360 in my basement now
Posted Image

#52 sblymnlcrymnl   married ... with children CAGiversary!   30090 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

sblymnlcrymnl

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:12 AM

Not much going on in here, huh?

#53 fillican   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:46 AM

yah... pretty much.

#54 umcthomas   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:59 AM

It is KC after all. :lol:

Just look at this as your opportunity to:

Finish side quests on FF games, or finish that Jak II you bought and never played more than a few hours of.

Have some fun trying to play a dvd using the regular PS2 controller.

Play a CD on your PS2 for the first time ever.

See if you can play old mortal combat games with a dance dance pad.

Turn off you lights, play with a laser pointer until your eyes hurt and pretend your playing the Virtual Boy.

Put on a mitten and try to play games, you could pretend your playing with the powerglove, but you more likely to play well with the mittens.

OK, I'm done being snarky now.

Cheers,
T

#55 fillican   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:04 AM

you made me want to buy a power glove because im tired of playing with my mitten

#56 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   8629 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Afrika
PS3

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:12 AM

Just look at this as your opportunity to:

Finish side quests on FF games, or finish that Jak II you bought and never played more than a few hours of.

Have some fun trying to play a dvd using the regular PS2 controller.

Play a CD on your PS2 for the first time ever.

See if you can play old mortal combat games with a dance dance pad.

Turn off you lights, play with a laser pointer until your eyes hurt and pretend your playing the Virtual Boy.

Put on a mitten and try to play games, you could pretend your playing with the powerglove, but you more likely to play well with the mittens.

OK, I'm done being snarky now.

Cheers,
T

Or make up new endings to well-known films, example, the alternative ending of The Passion of the Christ:

"Behold, he is calling Elijah. Let us see whether He comes to take him down.."
A bright flash of lightening glitters in the sky as a Delorean appears, hovering above the cross. The soldiers scatter in terror for fear the great and mighty metalic lord haveth come down from Heaven to smite them. The door opens upward as a wide-haired figure sticks his head out of the vehicle.
"Marty! Jesus is in bad shape."
"Don't worry Doc, I'll swoop down on my hoverboard and save him."
*Cue Back to the Future suspence theme*
"Hang on there Jesus, I'll have you out of this in no time"
Marty uses a crowbar to pry the nails from Jesus's wrists and feet.
"Get down closer Doc, we gotta get inside!"
The Delorean sweeps lower and Marty places Jesus in the rear seat.
"Fire it up doc lets get out of here...Back to the Future!"
The Delorean raises once again up into the air, the engine guns as the car disappears in another flash of light leaving tracks of fire.

Seconds later another flash of light appears as an object falls from the sky onto the ground below. The door on the side opens as two figures step from the phone booth.
"Whoa Bill, where the hell is Jesus, we need him for our next oral history report."
"Bogus Ted, we totally came too late..."

Guardian_owl.png

#57 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5130 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:16 AM

Of course not. Be quiet! whispers KCAG deals to subbie and guardian and masha. Shhh. ;-P
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#58 sblymnlcrymnl   married ... with children CAGiversary!   30090 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

sblymnlcrymnl

Posted 08 February 2006 - 10:04 PM

;)

Well, yeah. :lol:

Or make up new endings to well-known films, example, the alternative ending of The Passion of the Christ ...

:rofl:

#59 sterlingice   Former KS Deal Lackey CAGiversary!   772 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:46 AM

Or make up new endings to well-known films, example, the alternative ending of The Passion of the Christ:

Great stuff :D

SI

#60 umcthomas   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:02 AM

[font="]Speaking of Bill and Ted, I would like to let you all know that Bill and Ted is actually the Precursor legacy for The Matrix movies. In both movies:

1) Keanu Reaves is chosen because he will have an effect on the future of the world.

2) There is a strange guy (Rufus/Morpheus) who helps guide Keanu to his destiny.

3) You can travel using pay phones.

4) Those who want to stop you are machines (remember the bogus journey)

Ultimately it all points to Bill and Ted being one of the earlier iterations of the matrix. I guess that means that Bill was changed into Trinity in the new universe.

T
[/font]