Kansas CAG Thread

Need 2 GA tix for the KU-Mizzou football game on the 29th. Anybody in Lawrence that has extras let me know, willing to pay around 15 for each.

[quote name='eldad9']http://www.boycottkansas.com/[/QUOTE]

Not like we can help were we live. Guess we should boycott CA because crazies throw their babies in the ocean there. Next time think before you post and we will all be smarter for it

Jeez what an ass. Thanks for lumping me in with Fred Phelps moron. Look I was mad about the Anti-Gay Rights Admendment as anyone and voted against it but it's not just Kansas, it's anywhere where people don't properly READ a bill and assume something about it and a large amount of kneejerk Conservative Christians doesn't hurt either.

Was at sams in my town of salina and found thug2 for 10(gc), ff cc 12(gc), and call of duty 10(ps2)

was at sams club in salina, ks and found the following (these are lame deals just thought I would keep this thread alive)

Thug 2(gc) 9.99
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles(gc) 12.49
Call of Duty: Finest Hour(ps2) 9.99

of course ymmv

My mom is in Manhattan, KS doing an internship.

Think I'll point her to this thread. Maybe she can find some deals. She is always looking out for me up there. You can PM her: CheapAssMom (no joke)

She has no tradelist.

Well I've been posting general CDtradepost deals in a cdtradepost thread that is in my sig, it's mostly a midwest chain with a few in far reaching states like florida.

Lawrence, here.

All we have is Best Buy, Hastings, Target, and Wal Mart.

That said, the Topeka Toys R Us is usually pretty good for getting stuff.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']Anyone know of somewhere on the west side of KC that has Animal Crossing: WW even available? They're all sold out in Lawrence. :(

SI[/QUOTE]

I saw some animal crossings at ToyRus by oak park mall this morning

Thanks for the response. That was the next place my wife and I were headed but we found it at the 115th and Metcalf BB. Used the $10 off coupon, too, so $25 :D

It's crazy- there wasn't a single copy in Lawrence at Target, Wal Mart, EBGames, or Best Buy. And online, it's sold out at Amazon (and TRU), Buy.com, Barnes&Noble.com (and Gamestop since that's who they get it thru), EBGames.com, Target.com, and WalMart.com

For anyone looking for a copy and not wanting to pay $45+ on ebay, there were 7 or 8 copies at that BB.

SI

Was at walmart in salina, ks early this am and saw that they had 3 core and 2 premium xbox 360s in stock

Lenexa here. We have an interesting used game store here. It just opened this summer (I believe). It was called Replay and is just west of Quivira on 95th street (next to the Chipotle). Anyway, then have already changed names. There is a big banner hanging over Replay Games that says Game Exchange.

They never seem to have any business and there selection of this generation games isn't great. They do have some adequate deals on used DVDs and they have quite the selection of older systems available; that is, in case you missed out on the Dreamcast or the concreate-block-sized Gameboy. It seems like the place that I may score a hard-to-find game at some some point, but no luck yet for me (although my little brother found some RPG I'd never heard of and was pretty happy). They sell some othere fun stuff like case mods for the current generation systems.

If anyone is in out this way, there are a couple Vintage Stock stores that are fun to go to as well.

UMC

[quote name='umcthomas']Lenexa here. We have an interesting used game store here. It just opened this summer (I believe). It was called Replay and is just west of Quivira on 95th street (next to the Chipotle). Anyway, then have already changed names. There is a big banner hanging over Replay Games that says Game Exchange.

They never seem to have any business and there selection of this generation games isn't great. They do have some adequate deals on used DVDs and they have quite the selection of older systems available; that is, in case you missed out on the Dreamcast or the concreate-block-sized Gameboy. It seems like the place that I may score a hard-to-find game at some some point, but no luck yet for me (although my little brother found some RPG I'd never heard of and was pretty happy). They sell some othere fun stuff like case mods for the current generation systems.

If anyone is in out this way, there are a couple Vintage Stock stores that are fun to go to as well.

UMC[/QUOTE]
There used to be a game exchange on 23rd street in Lawrence, had a fairly large stock, with olders stuff like genesis, game gear, and some import stuff.

[quote name='umcthomas']Lenexa here. We have an interesting used game store here. It just opened this summer (I believe). It was called Replay and is just west of Quivira on 95th street (next to the Chipotle). Anyway, then have already changed names. There is a big banner hanging over Replay Games that says Game Exchange.

UMC[/QUOTE]

I was at Game Exchange and I really do think that place is pretty crappy. You should just stick with Vinatge Stock.

[quote name='fillican']I was at Game Exchange and I really do think that place is pretty crappy. You should just stick with Vinatge Stock.[/QUOTE]

If you went to the one on 95th then it could just be because they took over the old store, which came prestocked with a poor selection. There is apperantly another GameExchange opened up down by 119 and blackbob in Oletha. I haven't been to that one though. As much as I like looking around Vintage Stock, I rarely find anything I want to buy that has a decent price on it. It's lots of fun to look around though; when my old college buddies come to town we go out there to look at how much our old GI Joes and Transformers are selling for now. They also have all the old Star Wars suff you could want (execpt for the pitiful selection of the Decipher TCG).

Out of curiousity, does anybody know if that GameExchange on 95th associated with the GameXchange stores on Noland Road in Independence or 291 in Lee's Summit?

GameXchange is not affliated with the Kansas locations. It's franchises of other stores.

And Vintage Stock is my choice of Ma and Pa stores in the area, the limited selection of them. Lawrence is a better choice for that on Mass.

[quote name='OzCatter']And Vintage Stock is my choice of Ma and Pa stores in the area, the limited selection of them. Lawrence is a better choice for that on Mass.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying a GameXchange on Mass or a vintage stock. I'm guessing the former because I never heard of a vintage stock out there. There have been a couple Vintage Stocks open up in Springfield Mo (one of them used to be Caveman).

There's a new (4 months old) used-game only store in Lawrence downtown on Mass, Game Nut, I think. It's between 8th and 9th or maybe 9th and 10th. I ran across it last week when I was getting a hair cut.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']There's a new (4 months old) used-game only store in Lawrence downtown on Mass, Game Nut, I think. It's between 8th and 9th or maybe 9th and 10th. I ran across it last week when I was getting a hair cut.

SI[/QUOTE]

Any idea if this place is open on Sunday? I did the following google: '"Game Nut" lawrence ks' and the number one hit is this message board.

T

[quote name='umcthomas']Any idea if this place is open on Sunday? I did the following google: '"Game Nut" lawrence ks' and the number one hit is this message board.

T[/QUOTE]
If they are, I imagine they close at 6, I'd call them for ya, but I don't have the number.

I checked out the TRU on bannister that is closing hoping to find some 360 accessories for sale, but everything was gone.

[quote name='Brainwave0']Anyone know if the TRU that's closing in Wichita has any good deals?? I'm mainly looking for 360 stuff.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been to any of the TRU closings, but in my experience store closings are awful for finding deals. Everyone jumps in and buys all the good stuff on the first 10% off deal (of which they could do better by waiting for a sale). Remember all the K-Mart closings awhile back? Awful.

If anyone wanted a followup on my previous question, Game Nut is open on Sundays, but I didn't find anything too interesting from the current generation games. They had some nice old stuff and there were some interesting DVDs though. I didn't like the prices I saw so much either, par for the course I guess. I did find some hard-to-find- chocolate up the street at the Europe store though.

T

[quote name='pinebarrens']I checked out the TRU on bannister that is closing hoping to find some 360 accessories for sale, but everything was gone.[/QUOTE]

Did you try the Sears in the mall? It's closing too, and I think everything is 20% off.

bread's done
Back