Any alabama CAGs?

[quote name='projecteightysix']im from the horrible horrible city of guntersville.[/QUOTE]

huntsville

aka rocket city

isn't gville lake supposed to be pretty kick ass?

[quote name='gaelan']huntsville

aka rocket city

isn't gville lake supposed to be pretty kick ass?[/QUOTE]

What high school did/do you go to? i went to bob jones.

[quote name='munch']What high school did/do you go to? i went to bob jones.[/QUOTE]

i recently moved to hville. i grew up in MS, but mrs. gaelan went to bob jones back in the day.

Alabama Man! Give me that Beer Woman! Alabama man comes with detachable beer mug and bowling ball! Fun for kids of all ages (4-11). (Southpark)

Do people in Alabama still think they didn't lose the civil war?

[quote name='friedram']Do people in Alabama still think they didn't lose the civil war?[/QUOTE]

it's called to war of northern aggression 'round these parts

lol

So... what do you guys call your ex-slaves? er.. sorry, people who you so nicely provided room and board and a "great" career path- people whom the northern "librals" wanted to see homeless, job less and future less. :whistle2:D

[quote name='friedram']lol

So... what do you guys call your ex-slaves? er.. sorry, people who you so nicely provided room and board and a "great" career path- people whom the northern "librals" wanted to see homeless, job less and future less. :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

well, being that slavery was abolished over a century ago, we do not have any ex-slaves in this state unless they managed to live beyond the ripe age of 120 years old or so. believe it or not we have paved roads and cars in the south, we wear shoes in public, and having relations with your 1st cousin is frowned upon.

[quote name='friedram']Yes, but do you wear shirts- you know- no shirt, no shoes, no service

LOL[/QUOTE]

out of curiosity, where are you from friedram?

[quote name='gaelan']huntsville

aka rocket city

isn't gville lake supposed to be pretty kick ass?[/QUOTE]
lol, the lake is the only thing it has going for it. and even that they dont even take care of it.

Huntsville is awesome though.

[quote name='gaelan']out of curiosity, where are you from friedram?[/QUOTE]

Don't egg this guy one he's a retard. What year did your wife graduate?

For all of you in huntsville, al the kb toys there is having the buy one game get one free for all videogames. I didn't see anything spectaculart, but they did have Mario Kart DS.

[quote name='munch']For all of you in huntsville, al the kb toys there is having the buy one game get one free for all videogames. I didn't see anything spectaculart, but they did have Mario Kart DS.[/QUOTE]

I meant to call Auburn this weekend, but didn't get around to it. Hey, at least LSU got the shit stomped out of them :)

[quote name='Skylander7']I meant to call Auburn this weekend, but didn't get around to it. Hey, at least LSU got the shit stomped out of them :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but i really wanted them to win, or at least play a more competitive game. I'm surprised LSU got pushed back that far, and UGA jumped ahead of us. If the game would have been closer we could have had 3 SEC teams in the top 10.

For anybody interested, Gitaroo Man is at the Prattville Gamestop. Not my cup of tea, but I thought I'd pass along the info. Could go with the buy2get1 deal if it's still going on

[quote name='munch']I really don't care besides the fact that there is way to much shit on the AL license plate to begin with. They should make it a requested add-on, though, like 'Taxation without Representation' in DC.[/QUOTE]

Our education system is in the shits, our state is taxed out the ass (for example, tax on booze and the state), our governor is nothing more than a lazy ass figurehead, and our roads are falling apart.. yet our state legislature has time to cook up an idea to put more needless shit on our license plate. People wonder why many college graduates get out of the state as soon as they can...

[quote name='munch']I really don't care besides the fact that there is way to much shit on the AL license plate to begin with.[/QUOTE]

How about people that don't do the god thing? Why should their license plates reflect the beliefs of politicians, rather than their own?

[quote name='eldad9']How about people that don't do the god thing? Why should their license plates reflect the beliefs of politicians, rather than their own?[/QUOTE]

It's our lazy ass, unrepresentitive, state politicians catering to the majority voting population of the state: senior citizen conservatives and brainwashed followers of the Christian Coalition. It's disgusting

We Alabama CAGs are too spread out across the state, haha.

Too few of us live near any of the others. One up in Huntsville, one over in Auburn, xnonfactor down in Dothan, me over in Birmingham, etc.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']We Alabama CAGs are too spread out across the state, haha.

Too few of us live near any of the others. One up in Huntsville, one over in Auburn, xnonfactor down in Dothan, me over in Birmingham, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but there are a ton of lurkers, at least for Montgomery. My younger brother is one of them. Argyle lives in Montgomery, as do I.. and I think I've seen another 2 or 3 from around here post. Munch is about 45 minutes away, and hits Prattville Kmart alot (where I'm from for the most part, about 10 minutes north of Montgomery). I'm a little surprised to see a couple of Dothan CAG's.. I bet getting CC/Kmart deals down there is a cinch considering the population for the area.

That reminds me.. I need to update my Cheapass Glorious $2 carton of Camels at Entec thread.. I have a couple more stories to share. However.. my g/f got shot down attempting to snag one of the cartons last night :)

I'm probably happily way too late for the activity in this thread... But I'm from Montgomery...

That's it. Just peeking in.

Tuscaloosa here. Its hard to be a CAG in this town. There's really no place to go for good deals. Thank god for the internets.

[quote name='McWhoopass']Tuscaloosa here. Its hard to be a CAG in this town. There's really no place to go for good deals. Thank god for the internets.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever check the K-Mart? I got 2 Zelda Four Swords there and 2 Tom Clancy Triple Packs.

And I hate hate hate Tuscaloosa. One of the ugliest places in Alabama. It's a shame I'm going there this weekend to watch Alabama beat Auburn. Especially if they play how they did on Saturday. My boys need to start playing to their potential.

No I have not checked the K-mart. Thanks! Is it the one on Skyland (near the theater) or the one in Northport? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check both, seeing as how Tuscaloosa isn't a sprawling metropolis that takes hours to maneuver through.

As for the Iron Bowl, I wouldn't worry too much about Alabama. Under the Shula regime we've f'ed up in just about every way except running to the wrong endzone but hey the season isn't quite over.:applause:

Thanks for the tip!

bread's done
Back