Cheapest place to buy manga?

orphicblue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Anyone care to recommend a cheap place to acquire some manga? Overstock.com seems to have some good prices but I was wondering if anyone might have seen somewhere else.

Thanks in advance, gang!

Overstock is where I usually go for new manga at the best prices. Specially with the 1.00 shipping this week. Good stuff indeed.

[quote name='kimsh0t']seriously dreamland is the cheapest place to buy manga trust me.[/QUOTE]

how are the conditions of the books when shipped to you? mostly good condition? and how do they ship it?

[quote name='MeGaWC27']how are the conditions of the books when shipped to you? mostly good condition? and how do they ship it?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering that too. I might order some comics/graphic novels from them.

Dreamlandcomics is the best, I bought 9 berserk manga from them, they come mint, in plastic, the 9th came solo since it was a preorder, it was its own plastic plus it was in a comic sleeve.

...how long did it take for you guys till they ship your orders?
Mine's still "In-Process" for about 2 weeks already...

Mine is still in process( from 2 weeks ago), 2 emails later and no response save " I will check on it" i am glad i paid via paypal, I am about to lay a dispute claim and slap a hold on it.

Yeah, I usally wait when I can for the Borders Buy 3 get 1 Free deal, or I get them online at a variety of sites that offer at least 25% off and free shipping.

[quote name='MeGaWC27']...how long did it take for you guys till they ship your orders?
Mine's still "In-Process" for about 2 weeks already...[/QUOTE]

I placed an order for some comics and they shipped the next day.

[quote name='kimsh0t']call them.[/QUOTE]

I think I have to considering the fact they haven't responded to my email...

[quote name='rodeojones903']I placed an order for some comics and they shipped the next day.[/QUOTE]

man lucky you...

I use Toylet.net. Shipping for manga is a flat $5, or if u buy 5 books or more you get free shipping. $9.99 manga usually goes for $7.19 and $7.99 manga(like Bleach) goes for $5.24 on the site (too lazy to check % of savings)

Definitely Borders with a coupon. They have 25% and 30% off coupons all the time and can order any title not in the store for you.

In regards to Borders, I noticed that a lot of the coupons for 20% off and 25% off that I have been getting state in the fine print that comics are not valid for coupon use. Just wondering if graphic novels and whatnot are included under their definition of "comics" and all since I usually end up using those coupons for some books I'm interested in due to higher savings (ugh, since when did paperbacks start costing $13+ a pop?).

Graphics Novels is not under the catagory of Comics when you use those coupons at Border or at B&N. If the person doesn't know what they are doing they might say that. But Manga is supposed to be more under the catagory of soft cover books rather than comics. Their use of the word comics is meaning the flimsy 8"x11" magazine style comics.

[quote name='mkg12']Graphics Novels is not under the catagory of Comics when you use those coupons at Border or at B&N. If the person doesn't know what they are doing they might say that. But Manga is supposed to be more under the catagory of soft cover books rather than comics. Their use of the word comics is meaning the flimsy 8"x11" magazine style comics.[/QUOTE]

Most excellent! Even better still since I'm out of paperbacks to consider buying, so the next coupons will go towards some series I need to catch up on. Thanks for the info!

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']How do you bag/board graphic novels?[/QUOTE]

You don't. :D I said in my previous post I ordered comics from them, not graphic novels.

finally got my mangas in the mail woot!!
I ordered 5 volumes so they all came in one box. Shipped via USPS. The books were in a plastic bag. The condition of the books are pretty good. I wouldnt say they are perfect for those that are picky about every little thing. No fold pages, no teared pages so it's good. I would say the condition is great considering you bought it online.
I would purchase from them again: Dreamlandcomics.com
Only problem I had with them was that they didn't have one of the volumes in-stock (that's what they told me anyway...) so I waited for like a month to receive my volumes. Seems they don't update their site's availability if that volume wasnt in stock cause it was still possible to place an order for that volume online.
So if you're not in a hurry to receive your mangas/comics and looking for cheap prices, I would recommend this site. Hope this helped people decide whether to buy from them or not. If you buy a new released manga, I'm sure they already have it instock (i purchased some early volumes of a series).

[quote name='MeGaWC27']finally got my mangas in the mail woot!!
I ordered 5 volumes so they all came in one box. Shipped via USPS. The books were in a plastic bag. The condition of the books are pretty good. I wouldnt say they are perfect for those that are picky about every little thing. No fold pages, no teared pages so it's good. I would say the condition is great considering you bought it online.
I would purchase from them again: Dreamlandcomics.com
Only problem I had with them was that they didn't have one of the volumes in-stock (that's what they told me anyway...) so I waited for like a month to receive my volumes. Seems they don't update their site's availability if that volume wasnt in stock cause it was still possible to place an order for that volume online.
So if you're not in a hurry to receive your mangas/comics and looking for cheap prices, I would recommend this site. Hope this helped people decide whether to buy from them or not. If you buy a new released manga, I'm sure they already have it instock (i purchased some early volumes of a series).[/QUOTE]

I also recieved my order and it was held up due to one book out of the 10 ordered that was back ordered, I spoke with Laurie and she shipped out my 9 books and the 10th followed a short bit later. I went and ordered a few more books and used their regular shipping and got them in 3 days time. I am very impressed and Laurie was awesome to deal with. I highly recommend them.

Ordered from this company called Alphacraze. They dont have a browseable site, their inventory is only viewable by searching on http://shopping.yahoo.com. Luckily that is their only disadvantage. They sell all the $7.95 retail books for $3.81, and $9.95 retail books for $4.79 and USPS media mail was a flat rate 99 cents! Got the books today (6 business days for Media Mail is pretty quick). I definately recommend this site, all the books were in perfect condition and packaged very well.

I thought the 14 manga I bought at estarland for $40 total was a good deal. =\

Also, Yahoo Shopping sucks. I just clicked on a link that said the lowest price was $0.89, and the stores it lists range from $6 to $12. I fail to see how those prices qualify as 89 cents.

Also, Alphacraze doesn't show up on Yahoo Shopping.

Yea, Yahoo shopping is buggy as hell, the price thing, and the fact that not all their merchants show up.

I tried to email alphacraze for a list of their inventory, but they never responded. IT seems though that most of the manga im interested in, they sell. Basically, you just gotta do a search in the Books catagory, even if the price range says higher than $4.79, check it, a lot of the times, their 4.79 prices are in the section of "$6.00+").

Im gonna order another 15 books from them in a few days (after i see whether they get the new Fullmetal Alchemist this week or not) I already made a cart just to see how much the shipping would be, and it said $1.99, which still is pretty damn good for 15 books.

Thanx for the heads up Bezerker. I ordered Kingdom Hearts 1, and Suikoden III 5,6,7,8 for 23.02 shipped. That's better than anyplace I have ever dealt with. It took a bit of time sifting thru the yahoo stuff, but man was it worth it. Thanx again.

[quote name='KingNES']Thanx for the heads up Bezerker. I ordered Kingdom Hearts 1, and Suikoden III 5,6,7,8 for 23.02 shipped. That's better than anyplace I have ever dealt with. It took a bit of time sifting thru the yahoo stuff, but man was it worth it. Thanx again.[/QUOTE]

Anyone order from Alphacraze lately? They've got great prices and a pretty good yahoo store rating. Some of the comments just make me wary though..like books taking a long time to come, or going out of stock and not notifying you.

Also, how's the condition of the books they send?

Thanks

I picked up Fullmetal Alchemist 2-4 (and also the DVD volume 4), ordered on the 13th with media mail, and had them arrive in pristine new condition on the 19th.

I'll be buying from them in the future. My only gripe is how difficult it can be to find their listings on yahoo...

No prob, i just bought another 17 books ($76 total) they're doing free shipping for media mail right now, not sure how long its gonna be going on.

Yahoo Shopping seems to be kinda buggy, there were 6 books i wanted that said they were a different volume than what showed on the front page (front page said Volume 1, click it and it has a picture/info for volume 7,8,9,etc.)

[quote name='evophile']Anyone order from Alphacraze lately? They've got great prices and a pretty good yahoo store rating. Some of the comments just make me wary though..like books taking a long time to come, or going out of stock and not notifying you.

Also, how's the condition of the books they send?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

My books arrived in 6 days time and were mint, I ordered another bunch. The biggest trouble is the actual finding of the books, but once you get past that they are awesome.

Just so everyone knows, Akira has been marked down to $3.50 at Barnes & Noble. I found two in the store when I went yesterday.

[quote name='kimsh0t']go to
http://dreamlandcomics.com/

thats where i get my stuff very cheap and reliable.

buy over 30 get free shipping mangas are like 5.49 or something.[/QUOTE]

That's who I use too. Great store. Though, shipping can be slow sometimes.

hm, if you click on a manga and it takes you to their store "homepage" instead of the shopping cart i'm assuming that means they're out of stock/don't really have it?

I was looking to get vol 2 and 3 of death note but thats what happens when I click it.

Thanks for the heads up though Bezerker..probably gonna get some FMA.

bread's done
Back