IGN Review of "The Warriors" Very Nice!

Seriously, I Heart The Warriors movie and this is just great. I thought it wasn't gonna be too good of a game but now I'm very excited. I Love Rockstar games!

i was gonna buy it even if it was shit becuas ei like the movie so much, but hearing thats its good gives me a boner... awesome stuff. Defiently picking this up in the tru b2g1.

i wonder how many people have actually seen the movie who buy this game. I have heard tehy are making a crappy remake that takes place on the west coast with huge gangs....

[quote name='Scorch']Let's not forget that they also gave State of Emergency an 8.3 ;)[/QUOTE]
O shit your right. I got caught up in the hype of SoE. I Had to trick myself into thinking it was fun and not a waste of 50.00. lol

[quote name='Scorch']So, who got it?

More importantly, who got it and is pissed because it sucks like I said it would?[/QUOTE]
I got it today and it does NOT suck. It's probably the best brawler out there right now. Beat Down and Urban Reign are garbage and they weren't able to capture the true co-op brawler like The Warriors did. Those who aren't a fan of the movie should probably only rent this one though. This game was cleary made with the fans in mind not for people who are going to nickpick every aspect of it. (ej. Plays like Manhunt, Same graphics as GTA SA etc.)

I'd say wait for the Gamespot review but they gave State of Emergency an 8.5.

Then again, that game rode the coattails of GTA3, which was the main reason for some of those inflated scores.

Does it use the music from the movie, or music resembling it?

I loved the soundtrack to the movie, so if this game has something that is like it I'm all over it. Hell, I loved the entire movie, and it's Rockstar, so that guarantees a purchase.

Sunday can't come soon enough.

[quote name='jasonlives13']I got it today and it does NOT suck. It's probably the best brawler out there right now. Beat Down and Urban Reign are garbage and they weren't able to capture the true co-op brawler like The Warriors did. Those who aren't a fan of the movie should probably only rent this one though. This game was cleary made with the fans in mind not for people who are going to nickpick every aspect of it. (ej. Plays like Manhunt, Same graphics as GTA SA etc.)[/QUOTE]

Right, but once you've gotten past the whole "hey, this is cool, just like the movie!" phase (which lasts about a week), do you see yourself going back and playing this in two months?

[quote name='projecteightysix']Yeah, because scorches opinion>everyone elses.[/QUOTE]

I'd trust his over... who are you again?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'd trust his over... who are you again?[/QUOTE]

:booty: :applause:

I personally want to try this game. I will most likely rent it....

[quote name='Scorch']Right, but once you've gotten past the whole "hey, this is cool, just like the movie!" phase (which lasts about a week), do you see yourself going back and playing this in two months?[/QUOTE]

Plenty of games are amazing and fun experiences for a week or two and then they collect dust. Why ya'll gotta be hatin'?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Plenty of games are amazing and fun experiences for a week or two and then they collect dust. Why ya'll gotta be hatin'?[/QUOTE]

Touche, Mr. Yetti Man. I'll probably end up giving this a rent.

Why hasn't someone made a game where it's just one room and 32 people on XBox Live beating the shit out of each other? No guns, no explosives, just fists, feet, brass knuckles and steel pipes.

Maybe SpikeOut will be like that.

Thanks to nostalgia I got my mom to buy this game, will probably pick it up this weekend. I remember when I was a kid my whole family watched this movie and when I worked at CC I always recommended it to people.

Played it at work for about an hour, keep in mind i dont know shit about "The Warriors" I've heard a million things from this movie blows my asshole to OH EM GEE DUDE THATS like AMAZING, usually mexicans telling me its the best movie ever. Not to sure why. ANYWAY i played it for about an hour and it seemed like a lot of fun. I didn't just do the same moves, and the story seems cool. My favorite moment playing it was the brutality of slamming a cinder block into a guys fucking face and watching blood splurt out everywhere and the sound it made really made me cringe.

DIDJA know that they're remaking the movie, and John Carpenter is doing it.......lol.....i can see it now he'll just put a million gang members running down a street and call it a movie

I was gonna get this despite whatever reviews it got since I'm such a huge fan of the movie (kinda like how I did with Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick), but I'm extremely glad to see it's getting good reviews.

I'll defintely pick this uo later on.

Picked it up yesterday just didn't ahve a chance to try it out. I'll definitely get some time put in on this game tonight.

Glad to see the good reviews. I am tempted to pick this up at the TRU sale, but I have to resist (hell, I haven't even touched GTA: SA yet). I am hoping to avoid $50 games this time around but Shining Force Neo, Fire Emblem and this are making that hard. I guess we'll see come Sunday.

I may rent it (Blockbuster coupon) I do want to get it but I can wait for it to drop in price first.

I have so many games to play and so many games I waiting for

I've been playing this for a while now. I'm on chapter 11....pretty darn fun game. I know they said 15-20 hours in the review, I think that is IF you do everything. I only did one flashback mission thus far....

I'm sure once I beat I'll trade it back in, but it's a fun game. Definetely something different from my normal playlist.

Does anyone know if the story is canon?

By that I mean did Rockstar collaborate with Walter Hill (the guy behind The Warriors), or did they just make everything up as they went along on their own terms? Either way, they did a really good job fleshing everything out.

bread's done
Back