[Northeast] Xbox 360 kiosk locations

In NYC, there's one in the EBGames on Broadway btwn 3rd and Bleeker. Probably one of the few places to see one in New York City since we're Walmart-free.

Are these kiosks any good? Do you actually get to play something cool? Is it in 16x9 and HD? Is it worth the trip? The last time I made a trip to a store just to play a kiosk was when Nintendo had the SM64 kiosks set up before the launch of the N64 but that was because I really never played anything quite like it...

EBGames Bay Shore, NY

Kiosk had 20 inch or so LCD, looked great. I've never played in HD, so I don't know if the 360's graphics were great because of the HD, or just because it was the 360.

EB Games on Rt 202 S in Raritan, NJ has an XBOX 360. The EB Games at the Bridgewater (NJ) Commons Mall has the unit but it was not completely hooked up yet (as of last week)

[quote name='CrisMase']Best Buy Warwick RI has one set up in the back of the video game section[/QUOTE]

Fellow RI'er, I'll have to check that out soon.

EB in the Staten Island Mall in Staten Island, NY has one. It has demos of Live 06 and King Kong playing on a Samsung LCD.

[quote name='javeryh']Are these kiosks any good? Do you actually get to play something cool? Is it in 16x9 and HD? Is it worth the trip? The last time I made a trip to a store just to play a kiosk was when Nintendo had the SM64 kiosks set up before the launch of the N64 but that was because I really never played anything quite like it...[/QUOTE]

The kiosks have a nice HDTV, and reasonably good speaker system.

The 360 console itself is very pretty =) The controller is a vast improvement over the XBox's. Controller S or Ogre-Pad.

Kameo Elements of Power
Call of Duty 2
Project Gotham Racing something something
King Kong

are playable.

Kameo has poential... not worth the trip
Call of Duty 2 is cool.
Project Gotham racing... didn't have a chance to try it.
King Kong... SNOOOOOOREEEE all graphics, no gameplay MOOOOVIE GAME! =)

In summarization, it's not as cool as playing a SNES, Genesis, PS1, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, or XBox the first time... but it IS worth the trip to a local store to try the XBox 360. It made me want a 360 within 3 months, where before trying it... I was willing to wait 1year+.

The Gamestop around 84th & Broadway has a 360....I was in a bit of a hurry, so I didn't get to play on it, though oddly, nobody else seemed to be playing on it either.

bread's done
Back