Anyone remember HIC Ecto Cooler Juice?

WAJedi

Banned
Ok, i'm looking for where I can still get the juice Ecto Cooler from Hi C. I have a feeling that they arent using the same name for it anymore, so I'm probably looking for a new name. It was green, yet had a citrus taste to it. I want to know the new name of it, so i can go get it at the store...i didnt see anything that looked like it while I was there today. Also, if you know of anything comparable in taste, let me know that as well. And no, I'm not crazy.

haha you're not crazy, but you're totally ripped aren't you? i was thinking the same exact thing and i'm totally ripped.

They did rename it (since GB is so old) and change the color so it would not stain. I will find the name of the new version.

Edit: beat me to it! :(

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i have found the history of it http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0822/

Here is the real thing you want to know "If you can find Shoutin' Orange Tangergreen Hi-C, without the "no stain" label, you have found Ecto Cooler"[/QUOTE]
Yup, what he said. I rediscovered it about a year ago, and have been drinking it regularly ever since. It's the exact same stuff.

Mmm, tastes like childhood.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Yup, what he said. I rediscovered it about a year ago, and have been drinking it regularly ever since. It's the exact same stuff.

Mmm, tastes like childhood.[/QUOTE]

I must storm the grocery store now relive old lunch box days

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Yup, what he said. I rediscovered it about a year ago, and have been drinking it regularly ever since. It's the exact same stuff.

Mmm, tastes like childhood.[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous. I can't find any store in AZ that carries that flavor. I miss my Ecto Cooler... :(

8.jpg

and I always called it slimer juice. I thought I was the only one that did.

Ahh, soccer games in elementary school at 10 in the morning on Saturdays.

Orange slices, Ecto Cooler, and Little Debbie snack cakes. Awesome.

Man this topic brings back a lot of memories. I gotta stop by the supermarket tomorrow to see if they have any. Been a long time since I had some Ecto Cooler.

I am seriously tempted to head out to Meijer and Walmart now to look at it, but alas, I am going to go to sleep instead and dream of it.

[quote name='Graystone']Man that brings back some memories. It's amazing what the brain stores and you "forget" until someone mentions it.[/QUOTE]

i must fully agree with you, i had no idea till i saw the picture of the box, the brain is crazy, memories flowing back.

Ecto-cooler... it was friken awesome. Also remember the Dunkables? The little cookies with the frosting on the end? I'd eat all the cookies first, and then in a GLORIOUS motion... pile all the frosting on one cookie. Heaven my friends... heaven.

[quote name='minqqq']haha you're not crazy, but you're totally ripped aren't you? i was thinking the same exact thing and i'm totally ripped.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I am... halfway. You ever get on Live anymore? I still have you as a friend.

[quote name='pumbaa']Ecto-cooler... it was friken awesome. Also remember the Dunkables? The little cookies with the frosting on the end? I'd eat all the cookies first, and then in a GLORIOUS motion... pile all the frosting on one cookie. Heaven my friends... heaven.[/QUOTE]

I think those were called Dunkaroos and had a kangaroo as a mascot. Another amazing cookie treat was Koala Yummies. Cookie things with like fudge inside. Amazing.

Also buy a packet of Ghoul Aid from someone also. sealed of course.

Pretty much and food item not readliy available anymore that's featured on x-entertainment I will buy.

[quote name='Matt Young']That stuff was great. So was Purplesaurus Rex Kool-Aid...[/QUOTE]

Now THAT was a good drink! I honestly didn't care for the Ecto-cooler, but I loved Purplesaurus Rex! :bouncy: (Do they still make this stuff?)

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Now THAT was a good drink! I honestly didn't care for the Ecto-cooler, but I loved Purplesaurus Rex! :bouncy: (Do they still make this stuff?)[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, it was discontinued before I hit junior high, and I'm 21 now.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i have found the history of it http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0822/

Here is the real thing you want to know "If you can find Shoutin' Orange Tangergreen Hi-C, without the "no stain" label, you have found Ecto Cooler"[/QUOTE]
That's gotta be relatively new, because they still had "Ecto Cooler" (complete with cartoon slimer) well into the 2000s. I remember stocking it at the grocery store that I worked at and thinking "kids today don't even know who this is!".

Also, if you live in IL (or the Midwest maybe?), I'm pretty sure either Jewel-Osco or Dominick's sells a generic drink that tastes EXACTLY like Ecto Cooler. I wanna say it was called "Cactus Cooler" or something. Same color and everything, just comes in a huge 2 liter bottle!! Man......now I want some....I wonder if they sell it in Japan......haha

[quote name='Gameboy415']Also, if you live in IL (or the Midwest maybe?), I'm pretty sure either Jewel-Osco or Dominick's sells a generic drink that tastes EXACTLY like Ecto Cooler. I wanna say it was called "Cactus Cooler" or something. Same color and everything, just comes in a huge 2 liter bottle!! Man......now I want some....I wonder if they sell it in Japan......haha[/QUOTE]

I've seen this Cactus Cooler 2-liter before. It tastes like Ecto Cooler?

Is this the logo for it?

brandsrightcactus23zf.gif

I still see original Ecto Cooler juice boxes for sale at dirt malls and dollar stores from time to time.

Well, I went to 10 different stores today looking for it, and was unsuccessful. One of my friends who works at a grocery store is going to attempt to order some for me. I told him I would buy a full case of it to get it.

Oh, and I just got some of the best bubble gum ever, while I was trying to reconnect to my younger younger days (i'm only 18 now...)
699307.jpg

[quote name='WAJedi']Oh, and I just got some of the best bubble gum ever, while I was trying to reconnect to my younger younger days (i'm only 18 now...)
699307.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's terrific stuff. I found out that local stores are selling it again. It had been a long time since I had some, so I bought some recently. Great stuff... :)

www.netgrocer.com

3.35 per 10 pack
5.99 shipping

I ordered 3, if anything to save on the gas i was using to look for this shit in the first place :) ...I wouldnt normally pay $5 per hi-c 10 pack,,,but hell, i figured i'd treat myself

[quote name='SpottedNigel']

3.35 per 10 pack
5.99 shipping

I ordered 3, if anything to save on the gas i was using to look for this shit in the first place :) ...I wouldnt normally pay $5 per hi-c 10 pack,,,but hell, i figured i'd treat myself[/QUOTE]

Thanks for staying signed in, Michael. I'm going to order a few things and charge them to your account. ;)

EDIT: Link removed. :)

[quote name='masterh']I STILL want a reasonable substitute for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pudding pies :whistle2:(
Fresh from the sewers to you![/QUOTE]

Were those the pies filled with green "ooze" pudding? They were pretty good. I also remember those chip-like snacks they had that had a pizza-flavored bite to them.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Thanks for staying signed in, Michael. I'm going to order a few things and charge them to your account. ;)[/QUOTE]

cute. stupid internets (and stupid Michael) ...could you edit that link then?

I remember seeing that write-up on X-Entertainment and wondering who in their right mind would go through the trouble for some Ecto Cooler. Now I know...

Strangely enough though, I find myself oddly unable to resist ordering it. $3.35...mmmmmm.

Man, my mom used to make some wicked good punch with ice cream and Ecto Cooler. I haven't seen those big cans of Hi-C in ages! The kind where you have to punch 2 holes in the top with a can opener.

bread's done
Back