Does anyone know what movie this is?

RaidenMGS3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Ok, this was a cheesy sc-fi movie I saw in the mid 80s. It was set in a kind of post apocalyptic future ala Mad Max. It starred a tough Kurt Russell type character who was in the desert when he saw a guy getting chased by some other guys. The guy getting chased ended up getting shot through the forearm with a grappling gun but the tough guy helped him escape.

It turns out the guy that got shot was an android, I kinda remember him being a Data type character, very formal and naive. The tough guy said he was "the kind of guy that'd get out of the shower to take a p***."

I don't remember much else from the movie, except the tough guy ends up sleeping with a blonde lady in some palace in the middle of the desert.

Does anyone have any idea what movie this was? It's been driving me crazy for years trying to find it.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Ok, this was a cheesy sc-fi movie I saw in the mid 80s. It was set in a kind of post apocalyptic future ala Mad Max. It starred a tough Kurt Russell type character who was in the desert when he saw a guy getting chased by some other guys. The guy getting chased ended up getting shot through the forearm with a grappling gun but the tough guy helped him escape.

It turns out the guy that got shot was an android, I kinda remember him being a Data type character, very formal and naive. The tough guy said he was "the kind of guy that'd get out of the shower to take a p***."

I don't remember much else from the movie, except the tough guy ends up sleeping with a blonde lady in some palace in the middle of the desert.

Does anyone have any idea what movie this was? It's been driving me crazy for years trying to find it.[/QUOTE]
Was there sword fighting?

[quote name='jmcc']Was there sword fighting?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, I remember lots of guns. And it's not Cyborg, this was way before Van Damme movies started. The year was probably 1986 or so

was there two kids in the movie? did a guy do cocaine that was really battery acid? or is that mad max (i forget)?

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Shit, now I'm wondering what movie it was...

Do you remember any of the actors?[/QUOTE]

I can't, just what they looked like. The lead was a really tough gruff guy, the android was all quiet and proper, and the blonde girl was really tall and skinny. I remember she had a thing for roses. I know...really vague descriptions but it's all I can remember.

Searched for robots/androids and deserts... could this be the movie?

Hardware (1990)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099740/maindetails

A wandering soldier finds a robot head in the post-apocalyptic desert. He brings it back to his girlfriend for use in one of her sculptures. He investigates the origin of the head, and discovers it's from the Mark 13 project, canceled because of unreliability. His girlfriend, nay, society at large become endangered when the robot puts itself back together using the parts she has for her sculptures.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Searched for robots/androids and deserts... could this be the movie?

Hardware (1990)

A wandering soldier finds a robot head in the post-apocalyptic desert. He brings it back to his girlfriend for use in one of her sculptures. He investigates the origin of the head, and discovers it's from the Mark 13 project, canceled because of unreliability. His girlfriend, nay, society at large become endangered when the robot puts itself back together using the parts she has for her sculptures.[/QUOTE]

Iggy and Lemmy? Sound pretty cool until you find out what it's about. :lol:

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Searched for robots/androids and deserts... could this be the movie?

Hardware (1990)

A wandering soldier finds a robot head in the post-apocalyptic desert. He brings it back to his girlfriend for use in one of her sculptures. He investigates the origin of the head, and discovers it's from the Mark 13 project, canceled because of unreliability. His girlfriend, nay, society at large become endangered when the robot puts itself back together using the parts she has for her sculptures.[/QUOTE]

Ahrg, I thought that was it until I watched the trailer. This wasn't a horror movie but it sure sounded close. Thanks for looking though, you have no idea how much this has been tormenting me trying it.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Do you remember any other lines from the movie?[/QUOTE]

That's the only one I cam remember, and I've been racking my brain too. The line about the shower has always stuck with me because I thought it was the funniest thing ever when I heard it.

I remember in the beginning the android is at the top of a cliff with the guys chasing him below. They fire a grappling hook up at him, the camera pans up to his face looking totally blank, then pans down to his arm and the hook went right through it. You can see circuitry sparking through the hole in his forearm.

There were several Mad Max knockoffs in the 80's. One really bad one that comes to mind is a movie called Metalforce. I had Michael Beck who was in the Warriors and Xanadu.

Another movie I remember had Molly Rinqwald and it was a 3D movie. Kinda of the same vibe but I dont know what the name of the movie is.

[quote name='Xevious']There were several Mad Max knockoffs in the 80's. One really bad one that comes to mind is a movie called Metalforce. I had Michael Beck who was in the Warriors and Xanadu.

Another movie I remember had Molly Rinqwald and it was a 3D movie. Kinda of the same vibe but I dont know what the name of the movie is.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Megaforce is it but I'm definitely going to check it out because that was kinda the look for the movie. Thanks!

Go to Titantv.com. Enter in your information and pick your cable provider. Then, backtrack to when the movie was on.

This site kicks ass and helped me with an exact situation the other night. Sadly, the movie in question was "Invincible" starring Billy Zane, and looked so cheesy that I had to know what it was.

That's awesome! How did you finally figure it out?
I was going through Mark Hamill's imdb after watching Star Wars just to see what he's been doing since Return of the Jedi and I was clicking all the movies I've never heard of. When I clicked on Slipstream I nearly had a heart attack lol

its me again,
its been 3 months after i mailed luke, but now he is dissappear again.. and i still dont get the hartges.....

does anybody know where is he again?

its me again, its been 3 months after i mailed luke, but now he is dissappear again.. and i still dont get the hartges.....does anybody know where is he again?
16f70b5a7cb59031657c92ec18e8984b.jpg

bread's done
Back