* * * * * 4 votes

CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

#6991 shanafan_cag   XBL / PSN / NNID: shanafan CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

shanafan_cag

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:26 AM

Preordering the Switch was incredibly easy. Do you think Nintendo honesty under-predicted the demand for the Classic NES mini?

#6992 AriesDog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   719 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

AriesDog

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

Watch This Bitches: National Geographic Channel has this great series called Years of Living Dangerously. AAA celebrities host an episode about a different environmental topic. Like Arnold Schwarzenegger looking at the military's efforts to go green.
The current season is on sale on Xbox for $10 this week.

#6993 WonkyToad   CAG-aholic CAGiversary!   798 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:45 PM

I was SO EXCITED about the Switch! I stayed up late to watch the presentation and really wish I hadn't. It had the opposite effect on me. I was ready to plunk down my money on a pre-order and after watching that, I am not bothering for now.
I love my 3DS and Vita mobility, but I can get a standard PS4 WITH games for less than this.
And they are doing all this focus on motion control again... ugh.
Do you think that Nintendo will be able to bring back players like me?
Block freedom to access ANY kind of information and you do just that; Block Freedom!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6994 darkwood78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   46 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

darkwood78

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:08 PM

Zelda for Wii U was almost certainly delayed just so it could be a launch title on Switch causing Wii U owners to suffer with the slimmest holiday I can think of from any system ever. From a business perspective I get it, but as one of the few Wii U owners it fell Nintendo has done me wrong one last time. As a launch day Wii U owner I will not be getting the switch (I don't 1,2 switch...) Do you think lots of Wii U owners fill the same (Shipwreck?)? I will begrudgingly purchase Zelda Wii U but that may just be my last Nintendo purchase as I feel burn by being a fan and early adopter. What is the purpose behind the mindset of what they do? Is the culture of the Japanese market so different they think everyone will be loyal without reason? Maybe I am not the target audience but I have all current gen (newest iterations Ps4 pro/ VR / Xbox one S)  systems but my brand loyalty(for Nintendo) has all but dried up due to neglect.

#6995 4nik8tor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

4nik8tor

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:29 PM

Wombat.. Can i turn on the switch by saying "switch" and snapping my fingers and if not WHY THE HELL NOT????

#6996 Dave Core  

Dave Core

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:51 AM

Hey guys I love the show!

1) I thought I heard you talk about this before, but I think Microsoft and Sony are preparing to release generations of consoles that will just be the same as the current one but with better hardware. The new consoles will allow for better graphics and new technologies like VR, etc. and future games will have minimum requirements such as "Compatible with Xbox One and Xbox Two" or "Compatible with PS5 and PS6". This will allow for gamers to skip a generation of consoles if they want to, just like they can skip generations of iPhones. Those who want always the latest and greatest will buy each generation and those who don't mind skipping a generation will save money. I think the Scorpio is the first console going in that direction and that some games in 2 years from now will only be compatible with the Scorpio and up. What do you guys think? 

2) I think the Wii U was the beginning of the end for Nintendo and now the Switch is the last nail in the coffin. I think Nintendo will do like SEGA did and will stop making consoles and just focus on games. And worse than that, I think Sony or Microsoft will buy Nintendo in a few years from now and it will make all the Nintendo IP's exclusives to their consoles. What do you think?

Keep up the great work!

Dave Core

#6997 TH Tuff Stuff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

TH Tuff Stuff

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:06 PM

Cheapy said that he has made other purchases from Best Buy as a result of GCU deals. This happens to me too. Before GCU, I bought games from random sales online, and I never went into Best Buy. Now I buy nearly all of my games from there, and I recently bought a soundbar, a Kindle Fire, headphones, and several blurays. All of those items were on sale, but I only started paying attention to Best Buy sales after GCU pulled me in. It seems too good to be true, so I hope they don't discontinue GCU any time soon.

#6998 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1384 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:54 PM

Why is the switch called the switch when during the direct, they kept snapping their fingers at every transition? Why wasn't it called the Nintendo Snap? It "snaps" into the dock. Is Snap something offensive in Japan?

#6999 shanafan_cag   XBL / PSN / NNID: shanafan CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

shanafan_cag

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:29 PM

Thought I'd share my experience trying to find the right 4K monitor for my PS4 Pro, and it left me with this question - Is this technology too confusing for the common customer?

I play my games at my desk because I like to sit close to my screen. I had a 1080p monitor for my console games, and decided to upgrade to a 4K monitor mainly because of the PS4 Pro. It isn't as simple as going onto Amazon, searching for an affordable 4K monitor, and buying. I found out there are a lot of fine details that I don't remember Sony really talking about - or maybe I just dozed off during their PS4 Pro presentation which would be my fault.

PS4 Pro outputs at 4K, 60 hz refresh rate. Most 4K monitors are 4K / 30 hz refresh rate over a HDMI 1.4 connection. These monitors would restrict the PS4 Pro to only 1080p on the 4K monitor because of the limited refresh rate. So, I had to find a 4K monitor that had a 60 hz refresh rate - which is called HDMI 2.0. Thankfully, I found one that was affordable but it took some digging on Reddit to understand this market that I was entering.

In another note, Amazon sells HDMI 2.0 cables - but they didn't work with my setup. The cable literally froze my monitor when the PS4 Pro was turned off. I tried a HDMI 1.4 cable instead, and it worked beautifully.

So, at the end of the day, this 4K market can be quite confusing for someone entering it and trying to understand complex terms like HDMI 2.0 and 60 hz refresh rate. How can companies like Sony and soon-to-be Microsoft help make this 4K technology understandable for the common customer who just wants to buy a 4K monitor easily?

#7000 Ultramontane   Kuato Lives! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Ultramontane

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

Do you expose your children to classic games, especially as they get older?

My 7 year old tried the original Sonic for the first time. He gave up after 5 minutes claiming it's too hard, especially when he realized you only get three tries. I became somewhat depressed as I loved this game growing up but I do understand its difficulty compared to games today. Should I force feed him the now painful classics or give in and have him skip that generation of gaming. Thanks all and love the show.

Don't make decisions when you're angry and don't make promises when you're happy.

#7001 herpalert  

herpalert

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

Is this Tai in this Hello Fresh commercial?

https://www.ispot.tv...tonight-we-cook

#7002 MrBee15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:47 PM

Hello guys,

My question is as follows:

What do you think the gaming industry would look like if game developers were all privately held companies rather than publicly trade companies?  If video games were not beholden to their shareholders, do you think there would be more new IPs and better quality of games?  

Keep up the great work!  I've been listening to you guys for over 7 years now - I don't even remember how I stumbled upon the podcast.

#7003 Guzzy   Laziest CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:47 AM

Okay, will try to make this short:

To start, I never buy from Gamestop anymore, b.c of BB GCU, but they had a good trade in deal for a 3DS, so I had some credit left over I needed to use.

Went in with my girlfriend and asked for Hitman: Year One edition brand new. 

The guy at the counter kindly asked if I wanted a used version if he had it, and I declined. Thought nothing of it. 

So he goes, starts looking for Hitman, and you can see he was frustrated. I work in retail, and just got off my shift, so I felt like we were in the same boat.

He comes back, empty handed. He says "Are you sure you want that game? It's not a good deal"

Now, obviously theres no way to know that I am gamer who knows things, but essentially he made it seem like it was dumb for me to buy this game now, since there will be more DLC coming.

My reply: "Well yeah I know, this is everything from Year One, and I'll probably buy the new DLC as I go"

As soon as the words left my mouth, I figured it had to be this Circle of Life crap.

His reply: "Yeah so your probably better off buying it next year"

My reply: "Um, no I just want it now. Thank You"

His reply: "I don't know if I have it new"

My reply: "Fine. Do you have it used"

His reply: "No. Sold Out"

My reply: "Can you double check for the new one? This game just came out, and I don't think people are really buying them in bulk"

His reply: under his breath "fuck."

Gets me the game, rings me up, and again right before I pay says "Are you sure you want this?"

My girlfriend was so weirded out, and I had to explain it all to her.

So next day, me and two co-workers checked to see if they had PS4 Pros in stock on their site. They did. So to conduct an experiment, we went in, and asked for three PS4 Pros, NEW, one for each. You could hear the fear and sadness from the across the state. The three workers looked at us like we killed their puppies. 

They told us they didn't have any after they 'went and checked'.

I feel bad they have to deal with this shitty policy.