* * * * * 5 votes

CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

#7171 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2844 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:08 PM

Why do you think Google has rushed Stadia to market as a purchasable product when xCloud has been (and will be) in beta for quite awhile until Microsoft feels like it's ready? It's even stranger since Google's own OS (Android) is the target platform for Microsoft's own streaming platform. You'd think they would partner with Microsoft on it the way Sony has for cloud gaming tech, but I'm assuming Google has so much money to burn that they don't care.

I have no interest in streaming console games on a phone, but the Windows 10 xCloud which comes out in 2020 may be something I use, especially when on the road.

#7172 penpup  

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:11 PM

@Cheapy - Can you recommend a table tennis paddle for my dad as a good Christmas present this year? He is a fairly serious player, so wondering what high end paddles are currently the hotness. Thanks!

#7173 Chronis   Enjoys mediocre games that you hate CAGiversary!   3089 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:02 PM

The Xbox Series X was just announced. How do you guys feel about that name? A few weeks ago, Wombat randomly referred to the future console as the "Xbox 3000." I started to run with that idea a bit, and thought about how the Xbox 4000 would have actually been a pretty good name. It would have been the fourth generation of Xboxes, and plus they could easily market that as the Xbox 4K, a resolution they are obviously going to push.

#7174 BustaUppa   what it is right now CAGiversary!   5011 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:28 PM

There has to be a better name than “The Game Awards.” Any ideas?

#7175 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2564 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 05:54 PM

We already knew that Cheapy likes to beat little kids at ping pong.

Now we know that Wombat likes to beat little kids at Fortnite.

So what does Shipwreck like to beat little kids at?

I'd like to imagine Ship at the local elementary school basketball courts dunking over those kids on their 8 foot rims.

Am I wrong?

#7176 penpup  

Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:11 PM

My wife and I are expecting our first baby (a boy!) in a few weeks...as gamer dads of children of varying ages, what was your experience raising children in a video game-friendly household? Wish us luck!!!

#7177 ONESTARv2   Dreamcast Addict CAGiversary!   674 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:01 AM

Wombat, how is your health journey going in the new year?  Have you ever tried weight lifting?  I myself hate cardio and never see much result from it, so lifting weights and keeping track of the numbers going up always worked better for me.  As someone who has suffered from depression their whole adult life, it seems to be helpful in that regard.  Rooting for you and hope to hear some some good news in the future. 

#7178 ScholarMaster J   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

ScholarMaster J

Posted 17 January 2020 - 06:46 AM

Congrats @Shipwreck for becoming the GOAT of Jeopardy! You deserved it!

#7179 MIGGOzero  

MIGGOzero

Posted 22 January 2020 - 09:47 PM

Even though I am not a weekly viewer of these shows, I liked Crisis on Infinite Earths all right. Since all of these DC Comics series are streaming, any other “Crossovers” or cool standalone story arcs you recommend?

#7180 MonsterLegacy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

MonsterLegacy

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:13 PM

Why did you guys choose Xbox over PlayStation this generation as your main system for all of your gaming I already asked this in depth on Twitter I finally just got on it. Only took 10 years lol

#7181 kupomogli   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:15 PM

It was from the previous show but not this one.  Running with Cheapy's idea about turning the fire truck into a food truck, I thought of a name Shipwreck could use for his fire truck food truck.  Completely original, not inspired any other company.  "Fire Truck Subs."  You can even promote that you'll donate one hundredth of a cent on every sale to the local fire department in that area to get all the suckers to buy into the idea that buying your food is going to a good cause(which not to say it's not going to a good cause, but the amount is pitiful.)   

#7182 kupomogli   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:16 PM

*edit* For the above, also being 100% original and not being inspired is a joke just incase you don't get the joke.

#7183 YellowSnowPal   Crazy! CAGiversary!   909 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

YellowSnowPal

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:10 PM

Why do you bash the game passes indiscriminately? If you love the game (Fortnite, Borderlands, or Harry Potter Hockey Battles) why wouldn't you want to pay $10 or $20 for packs of maps, characters or new weapons? I am all with you about paying for skins, not worth it for me. But I wouldn't pay to get my nails painted either. I'm sure you solo polish as well. But I won't hate on those that pay for polish.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#7184 YellowSnowPal   Crazy! CAGiversary!   909 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

YellowSnowPal

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:13 PM

My wife and I are expecting our first baby (a boy!) in a few weeks...as gamer dads of children of varying ages, what was your experience raising children in a video game-friendly household? Wish us luck!!!

Keep the games away from the kids as long as you can. Board games and educational games until you have no choice. Once school starts you will lose control. And kiss goodbye to binge gaming for about 18 years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#7185 BustaUppa   what it is right now CAGiversary!   5011 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:29 PM

Thoughts on the Switch version of Witcher 3 offering cross-save with Steam & GOG?  Seems like a pretty win-win prospect to me.  Apparently a few other Switch games have offered PC cross-save as well, so I hope this continues to catch on.

#7186 shanafan_cag   XBL / PSN / NNID: shanafan CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

shanafan_cag

Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:20 PM

Do you think we are at a point that controllers have reached their maximum potential? For example, if you compared a NES controller to a Xbox One controller, the transition was huge. However, in the past 20 years, controllers have stayed relatively the same. Could there be a new enhancement to a controller that would blow people's minds?