* * * * * 5 votes

CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

#7231 Cthulhu8u   That Innsmouth look CAGiversary!   1852 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2020 - 01:38 PM

Gentlemen,

I know the CAGCast has done some good coverage on GameStop news in the past (Circle of Life lol).

What is your opinion on this?

Long video, sorry, but interesting. This really favours Microsoft and lets GameStop in on digital revenue, but is it a good thing for consumers? I'm just afraid of how much GameStop employees will be forced to push the Xbox and its services on customers.

#7232 bickle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   844 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2020 - 04:15 PM

With the Avengers game being yet another grand slam success (/s) for the games as a service model, how many more tepid failures do you think we will have to suffer through before the games industry decides to stop making huge risky investments like that?

(Or are they actually more successful than it seems?)

#7233 C0MPL3XSPAC3S  

C0MPL3XSPAC3S

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:47 AM

Finally figured out my login for the site again after years of forgetting which email I was using. Just wanted to say thank you all for the weekly pick me up of gaming and general banter which provides an awesome step away from the crazy state of things. You all are awesome. Yes even Wombat. 👍🏻

#7234 MrBee15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2020 - 08:09 PM

Hey guys,

With the release of the new console generation, I'd love to hear each of your favorite previous console launches.  

Thanks again for the years of entertainment - sorry about your Amazon order Wombat.

MrBee

Canada

#7235 MIGGOzero  

MIGGOzero

Posted 15 November 2020 - 03:12 PM

As someone who got bought a Sharp Aquos 42” with a PS3 back in 2008 to jump into HD gaming and has been content with this setup, is it finally time to get a new 4K TV with a PS5 purchase??

Can you all suggest some televisions or brands that are worth looking into?

#7236 YellowSnowPal   Crazy! CAGiversary!   931 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

YellowSnowPal

Posted 03 December 2020 - 04:50 AM

One retro game I really want is Virtua Fighter, but it seems dead. What happened? Couldn't that be a cheap money grab for Sega? I would jump on a Switch collection.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#7237 woodylan  

woodylan

Posted 04 December 2020 - 06:04 PM

If the series X is the SX, is the series S the SS 😬👀

#7238 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3537 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 07 December 2020 - 04:58 PM

If you thought the $5 gift card for reviewing your Amazon purchase was ridiculous, I just got one a $30 gift card for reviewing a USB docking station. Thankfully, no one called me for only giving it 4 stars.

#7239 bickle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   844 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2020 - 05:02 PM

Wombat could you talk a bit more about Fenyx Rising? I’m particularly curious about the comparisons to Breath of the Wild, since you didn’t care for that game, but you enjoy Fenyx. I also didn’t care for Breath of the Wild, and it is the main thing preventing me from getting Fenyx.

Edit: it just went to $40 at Amazon, and that outweighs any concerns I had , so I picked it up. Hoping it’s good - I like the team that made Odyssey.

#7240 JLebowski   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

JLebowski

Posted 21 December 2020 - 03:45 AM

Wombat, I am with you on Assassins Creed Valhalla, it is an excellent game!

What style do you use in the game, stealth or brute force? What weapon and abilities do you favor? Would love to hear your take on this, since the game is pretty flexible.

#7241 YellowSnowPal   Crazy! CAGiversary!   931 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

YellowSnowPal

Posted 22 December 2020 - 11:11 PM

What games are you looking forward to in 2021? Besides Cyberpunk 1.5 (the bug free version).

Is anyone seeing benefits to jumping on those scalped Xbox X and PS5 yet? I am not seeing anything to make me upgrade yet. What do you think?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#7242 Purkeynator   Cheap before it was cool CAGiversary!   3241 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Purkeynator

Posted 27 December 2020 - 06:57 PM

Hey guys, how fitting is it that we end the year from hell with CAGcast #666? Anyway here's to better times in 2021 as we hurdle towards the CAGcast's sweet 16th birthday this spring!

#7243 unknownuser   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

unknownuser

Posted 29 December 2020 - 02:57 PM

Will this be a satanic themed episode?   CAGcast 666  }:-)

#7244 Spruce   Wasted Potential CAGiversary!   565 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2020 - 03:46 AM

With how much Slay the Spire was enjoyed by certain CAGCast hosts, is Monster Train a game that has scratched the same itch? It's on GamePass so they "ALREADY PAID FOR IT!" I find it a fun take on the card battler genre with a bit of a SnowPiercer twist. In fact, it actually has a train running through an icy Hell trying to stay warm enough to continue its journey.  It really should have a "no-this-is-NOT-your-dentist's-son-with-a-beard" character as DLC.

#7245 do10hedron   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

do10hedron

Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:35 AM

Cheapy, with only 3 of you, how do you handle the 4th person serving of Hello Fresh? We are a 4-person family but often run into a scenario where one of us is not home for dinner. With both parents counting calories, we try not to just absorb that 4th serving split across 3. Just curious how you guys handle it.

Long time listener, first time caller. I’ve really enjoyed the entertainment of the show from you guys through the years and through our now 3 years of Hello Fresh thanks to you guys. Keep up the great stuff!

#7246 Aleximan  

Aleximan

Posted 10 February 2021 - 11:43 PM

Hi.

I wanted to say I like this podcast. Been really helpful for me.

Thank you!

I actually wrote long twitter-mail for you last week, about how important this podcast and few others have been for me,

but it got deleted somehow. Anyway, thank you!

-AM

#7247 MIGGOzero  

MIGGOzero

Posted 11 February 2021 - 05:10 PM

All of these games are currently on sale, which will look best on my new Series X: Borderlands 3, Yakuza 7 or Immortals Fenyx Rising??

#7248 orangecrush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   563 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

orangecrush

Posted 16 February 2021 - 03:27 AM

First off I want to say that I really enjoy the podcast. It's the only (tangentially) video game podcast I listen to. That being said, I was a little surprised by your reaction to the firing of Gina Carano. I had pegged wombat and cheapy as more pro labor type liberals. Do none of you have any problems at all with a giant company firing an employee for expressing, to my way of thinking, stupid opinions? To use another over played analogy, this situation feels a little like the red scare to me.

#7249 Novasolid  

Novasolid

Posted 17 February 2021 - 05:40 PM

What's up my long island brethren and Ship, just wanted to say I was listening to old cag cast episodes and Wombat brought up a pie place out east so I went there and it was soooooo good, so thank you Wombat. Also there's a awesome donut place out there that is definitely worth a visit. Love the show keep kicking ass.

#7250 Jruth   Kid Prometheus CAGiversary!   285 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:56 PM

Any chance in you guys particularly wombat going back and playing Fallout 76? The game has improved immensely since release.

#7251 shanafan   XBL / PSN / NNID: shanafan CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2021 - 11:48 PM

This is for Cheapy. You obviously have interest in Cruella. Last week, you said if the reviews are bad, you won’t bother watching it. Have you watched something because you still wanted to see it, but knowing it got panned?

#7252 Fungi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2021 - 04:58 AM

Hey, it just occurs to me, no one ever brought up seeing the film version of Console Wars.  It was, and maybe still is, on CBS All Access.  Thoughts?

#7253 teknomusik   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   45 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

teknomusik

Posted 02 March 2021 - 01:23 AM

This story is a bit long, but I just wanted to hear your thoughts on this and find out if any of you have had any weird issues with next-gen game installs.

The ridiculous install process of the disc version of Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (MK11U) on Xbox Series X... Let me start by saying I have a series X with an external SSD that’s set to the default install location, since most of the games I have installed are not Series X enhanced and don’t need to be installed on the internal SSD.
Normally when you put in a disc game, everything installs automatically for the most part... but that’s not the case with MK11U for some reason. When you put in the MK11U disc, a “manage bundle” screen is opened - the install process doesn’t start automatically. The MK11U bundle has 33 items, and there is a button to install everything, but clicking that triggers the problems.
When you install a game that’s Series X enhanced, Smart Delivery kicks in and tells you there’s an upgrade available to the next-gen version - this applies to the main game file and all DLC files as well (assuming the game dev actually upgrades all the content). Well, when you try to do this for 33 items at once and it has to prompt you for every item, it basically creates a popup prompt backlog and things end up not installing at all. To make it even worse, if you don’t have the internal drive set as the default install location and you try to install a Series X enhanced game, there’s an additional popup that tells you you need to install to the internal drive to play the game. For some reason, when I clicked the option to go ahead and install to the internal drive, it just crapped out and didn’t do anything. So I had to end up going through each of the items and install them one by one to my external drive then move them all to the internal drive.
So everything in the bundle is installed now, and I launch the game. I want to jump into the story mode first, but for some reason it’s not working. Well, turns out installing all 33 of the bundle items doesn’t actually include the story mode content. So now I had to go back to the my games and apps list and go to manage game for MK11U (different screen from the manage bundle screen) and the story mode content could be installed from there. There are options for HD or 4K story cinematics, so I decided to go with the 4K option.
Back to the game and I can finally play story mode. The game looks great, loading times are super fast, and things are working well... except the cinematics. For some reason, there are major lip sync issues and the audio and video are way out of sync in all of the cinematics.
This was definitely the most ridiculous install process I’ve ever experienced with an Xbox game. After doing all this I realized I probably should have just changed the default install location before I started installing all of the items. I feel like what they should have done since they put out a disc version for the “ultimate” edition is condensed all 33 of the bundle items into one new file.

#7254 JLebowski   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

JLebowski

Posted 09 March 2021 - 02:56 PM

Shipwreck, please give an update on the CatGenie toilet! We have 3 cats and my wife hates the litter dust. Please give opinions on cat usage/acceptance, ease of use, and where you placed the unit in your home!

#7255 shanafan   XBL / PSN / NNID: shanafan CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2021 - 07:01 PM

This story is a bit long, but I just wanted to hear your thoughts on this and find out if any of you have had any weird issues with next-gen game installs.

The ridiculous install process of the disc version of Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (MK11U) on Xbox Series X... Let me start by saying I have a series X with an external SSD that’s set to the default install location, since most of the games I have installed are not Series X enhanced and don’t need to be installed on the internal SSD.
Normally when you put in a disc game, everything installs automatically for the most part... but that’s not the case with MK11U for some reason. When you put in the MK11U disc, a “manage bundle” screen is opened - the install process doesn’t start automatically. The MK11U bundle has 33 items, and there is a button to install everything, but clicking that triggers the problems.
When you install a game that’s Series X enhanced, Smart Delivery kicks in and tells you there’s an upgrade available to the next-gen version - this applies to the main game file and all DLC files as well (assuming the game dev actually upgrades all the content). Well, when you try to do this for 33 items at once and it has to prompt you for every item, it basically creates a popup prompt backlog and things end up not installing at all. To make it even worse, if you don’t have the internal drive set as the default install location and you try to install a Series X enhanced game, there’s an additional popup that tells you you need to install to the internal drive to play the game. For some reason, when I clicked the option to go ahead and install to the internal drive, it just crapped out and didn’t do anything. So I had to end up going through each of the items and install them one by one to my external drive then move them all to the internal drive.
So everything in the bundle is installed now, and I launch the game. I want to jump into the story mode first, but for some reason it’s not working. Well, turns out installing all 33 of the bundle items doesn’t actually include the story mode content. So now I had to go back to the my games and apps list and go to manage game for MK11U (different screen from the manage bundle screen) and the story mode content could be installed from there. There are options for HD or 4K story cinematics, so I decided to go with the 4K option.
Back to the game and I can finally play story mode. The game looks great, loading times are super fast, and things are working well... except the cinematics. For some reason, there are major lip sync issues and the audio and video are way out of sync in all of the cinematics.
This was definitely the most ridiculous install process I’ve ever experienced with an Xbox game. After doing all this I realized I probably should have just changed the default install location before I started installing all of the items. I feel like what they should have done since they put out a disc version for the “ultimate” edition is condensed all 33 of the bundle items into one new file.

I'll donate $10 to charity if Cheapy reads this entire post on the next CAGcast.

#7256 iwannadie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   883 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

iwannadie

Posted 13 March 2021 - 09:35 AM

Do I drive a car or a truck?

#7257 travis_campbell06   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

travis_campbell06

Posted 11 April 2021 - 12:12 AM

Hey guys, huge fan of the CAGCAST, but never written in. I’ve been listening every week now since 2008. Thanks for all that you do. My question is regarding the new consoles. My One X is running slower and slower and my intentions are to get a Series X especially to take advantage of those quick load times. I work full time and it seems any of the “drops” happen during the day while I’m working. I follow all of the relevant Twitter accounts with notifications. I read up on drops. I sit in lobbies and click refresh. So far got nothing. What is your recommendation? Any tips? Is it time to go PC, PC, PC?

#7258 lordjoebill   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

lordjoebill

Posted 14 May 2021 - 03:39 PM

So I'm a longtime listener and huge fan, even as my gaming tastes have diverged from all of yours. (Though as a VR-enthusiastic, I can't say how amusing I'm finding your Oculus adventures and really wish Ship would give it a try.)

I've never written in before, but Wombat's SNL bombshell really resonated with me. I also have made a habit of watching SNL -- for better or worse -- every week for just about 20 years, and like Wombat, I didn't think it was a big deal. But if the show is going to start having SNL reviews, I'm going to need Wombat to do a better job.

You all spent 30 minutes talking about SNL and Elon Musk, and no one mentioned the skit where Elon Musk played Wario! This is a gaming podcast and no mention of the gaming skit! What gives? Was the humor too lowbrow for Wombat? Was he offended by Princess Peach's Italian accident?