EB Edge card .....am I screwed?

mgsvr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So last month I sold all my 9 games and got 71 bucks for it on EBgames. The clerk dude gave me an EB Edge card win a PIN on it and stuff. So today I just went to ebgames.com to check the balance just to see if EBgames.com recognize it or not. I entered the 12 digit Account number, and then the 8 digit PIN number.

Sadly, Ebgames.com say my card is Invalid. I was like, WTF??? I even just enter the Account number without the PIN, and Eb still say my card is Invalid. Anyway, I still have the reciept and the EB Edge card with me.

Should I come back to that place and ask him to check out why my card isn't recognize by Ebgames.com's system? I plan next year to buy some Xbox 360 stuff and a game with my 71 bucks, can I just give them the reciept and the EB Edge card and do you think they will accept it? Man, I really want a EB Edge card to work online but this is freaking me out.

Thanks

Go back to the store and have them check it in-store, and if they can't get into the card, ask them to give you a new one.

Be glad you have the receipt, otherwise, I think you would have been screwed.

[quote name='shrike4242']Go back to the store and have them check it in-store, and if they can't get into the card, ask them to give you a new one.

Be glad you have the receipt, otherwise, I think you would have been screwed.[/QUOTE]

Even with the receipt couldn't they say you spent all the money already? Or would it give a different error code?

ive found that the EB Edge card even with a pin always gives that invalid error. I had that happen and i knew i had a ton of store credit on my card and the reciept to show for it. The next time i went to EB, all the credit was on the card.

I believe its just a website error.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Even with the receipt couldn't they say you spent all the money already? Or would it give a different error code?[/QUOTE]

Usually the problem is that the guy gave you the card but didn't activate it. Take it back with the receipt and have them run it through. If the card says ïnvalid"there, it's because he didn't run the transaction through properly. This used to happen at Gamestop for me once in a while because of their dumbass system.

K thanks guys. I'll go back there maybe this week and ask him to do a check on it. So I tell him to activate my current card? Or should I ask him to give me a new card and please activate it for me?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Even with the receipt couldn't they say you spent all the money already? Or would it give a different error code?[/QUOTE]
Invalid would make me think that the card's not activated, as another CAG said, since if the card was active with no balance, it should show that on the website, as a valid card.

Call the 800-number. I called the number to check how much was on my card, the guy typed it in and told me right then.
INvalid makes me think either a website error, or a mistyped card number/pin, or not activated yet.

Can I just call that number and give them my Account number? Also, can they activate through the phone?

Yes, I try Cap and everything for the PIN, still doesn't work.

fwiw, a Gamecrazy employee told me last week that EB was going to stop putting their credit on the Edge cards in favor of Gamestop's receipt system. Maybe this is because of that, or maybe they're unrelated, or maybe he was full of it.

[quote name='diaeresis']fwiw, a Gamecrazy employee told me last week that EB was going to stop putting their credit on the Edge cards in favor of Gamestop's receipt system. Maybe this is because of that, or maybe they're unrelated, or maybe he was full of it.[/QUOTE]
Well, I guess it's more profitable for them that way. I can't imagine how many people must lose all their credit cause they misplaced a receipt.

WTF? Why are you bumping this? You know what you have to do. Go do it and then feel free to report your findings.

#-oI just realized that you can only check the gift cards online. If the cred's on an Edge card you have to either call it in or have them scan it at the store , that's why it keeps giving you the invalid message, I cant believe I didn't pick up on that earlier...

I've found through personal experience that the wavy printing EB uses for the code numbers on back of their gift cards can cause problems. Their 8s and Bs look a lot alike, for example, and if you make one mistake typing these digits into the online site, you'll get an "invalid" message.

I'd suggest looking the codes over again carefully and re-entering the numbers/letters several times (with different letters/numbers where it's unclear) before you give up and/or freak out. If worse comes to worse, you can always go back to the store with your receipt.

[quote name='diaeresis']fwiw, a Gamecrazy employee told me last week that EB was going to stop putting their credit on the Edge cards in favor of Gamestop's receipt system. Maybe this is because of that, or maybe they're unrelated, or maybe he was full of it.[/QUOTE]

You got it wrong. Gamestop is going to be doing what we do with store credit, we will have different cards to issue the credit on because EB soon will no longer be offering a discount only card (EB Edge), we will be offering a GI subscription with a free discount card for $15. This will happen next year sometime. So if you wanna get your discount card for only $5 get one before the end of the year, or else you will have to pay $15 for it. How do I know this, well we get weekly updates about some of the things that are going to be changing, and that was one of the points that was talked about in last weeks email.

I just checked my gift cards at ebgames.com (2 without PINs and 1 with PIN) and they showed the correct balance. I also checked my EB Edge Card with PIN and it also showed the correct balance. So you can check balances on Edge Cards online.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']I'd suggest looking the codes over again carefully and re-entering the numbers/letters several times (with different letters/numbers where it's unclear) before you give up and/or freak out. If worse comes to worse, you can always go back to the store with your receipt.[/QUOTE]

I agreed. The Account number is clear, but the PIN number is so damn confusing. There is a l that I don't know if it's a 1 or something. I did try many possible letters, but it still give me invalid box. I even try to enter the ACCOUNT number alone without the PIN, but it still say Invalid.

I guess the dude didn't activate it yet?

K, I'll just go and ask them to activate my card. Thankx

I'd suggest calling the number on the back of the card. I work at EB and after you trade games in, we just slide the card through and that's it. I don't see why the person would have failed to activate your card...

hmmm...so like when I call the number, can I just give him my Account number on the edge card? There is a PIN number as well, but the "l" and 1 is too confusing that I barely know what to do. If I read them my PIN, I might give them the wrong one instead.

So yea, can I just give them my ACC number instead?

when you call the number to check your balance...not the one to "find a store near you"...you just enter in your account number on your phone. you don't need to enter in your pin.

Well I called, and the system said that I have 71 bucks in the account. But when I enter the Account number into ebgames.com (I don't enter the PIN, cuz the PIN is so mess up), and it still said invalid. I try both PIN and account, still invalid.

So does this mean if I want to buy something, I have to get back to the store????? Damn

I got the same thing on one of my EB cards.

I called customer service and they were like "it shows the credit just fine!".

The next day I tried entering it on eb's website, CAPS correct, etc and it worked on the first try. Despite like 10x times of entering it the day before I must have been typing something wrong.

Hmmmm...I'm pretty sure I can't be mistakenly the input of the Acc number. It's the PIN that bothered me. the "1" and "l" is so confusing. I tried all kind of combination and still not work.

this is the Pin:

lxxx1xxx

I tried both "l" and "1" switching and stuff, still invalid.

Perhaps this will help: I found a couple times that when I enter all the info for my edge card to check the balance and hit enter, there is some kind of error, however, if I click on the enter button, it will process correctly and display my balance. You never know...

Well if I hit Enter on the keyboard, nothing show up. But when I "click" Balance box, it show the box say Invalid. I tried all kind of combination from Cap to non-Caps, to Caps and non-Caps...etc, nothing works.

wow.I clicked on this and started to read it and then realized it was from 2005. How did you find this thread canadian? Seriously though its right there on the card plus theres a picture on their website showing you where the pin is.

I was reading until I noticed people referring to EB games and Gamestop as two different entities. Then I was like, WTF??!?!?

bread's done
Back