40% off all Video Games (only saw Xbox though) at Good Guys in Daly City, CA

JohnnyDrama

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I went to Good Guys in Daly City yesterday and they're having a storewide "store-closing" sale with everything 20% - 40% off. All games are 40% off but I didn't see a big selection, and all were Xbox games. Some of the games I remember off the top of my head are Halo 2 Collector's Edition, Rainbow Six Black Arrow, DDR (can't remember which one), and many EA Sports games from 2005. Can't remember any other notable sale items, and they didn't mention when the store will actually close, so I guess the sale ends when everything is gone.

EDIT: When I got there, the games were behind the register, and weren't displayed anywhere else on the sales floor. I'm not sure if it's different in other stores, but the Daly City store has them like that. Also, the sale is for all merchandise, not just video games. How large the discount is depends on what the item is.

I didn't even know they were still selling videogames. I guess I can swing by local store during lunch to see what they have left.

I think the cerritos, ca good guys is also closing. They have 40% off signs too, I wonder if they still have video games in stock.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Do you guys know if they had a sale on their car audio too? I'm looking for an eclipse HU and I know they are an eclipse dealer.[/QUOTE]

I checked the one in Huntington Beach and I'm pretty sure everything in the store was 20% to 40% off. I think it varies by store because the game stuff at my store was only 30% off.
Also to anyone going to the HB goodguys, they didn't have much game stuff left, mostly overpriced crap and a few accessories.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Sale on car audio?[/QUOTE]

They do but it was open box or display stuff, I didn't see any eclipse. As for games they only had a hand full for 40% off. Bunch of Incredibles, blinx 2, sudeki and Halo is the only thing worth mentioning that they had left.

Time to check on the San Jose store, Tully Rd. Haven't been there in a looong time, anyone know if they still have games?

[quote name='roguejedi5']They do but it was open box or display stuff, I didn't see any eclipse. As for games they only had a hand full for 40% off. Bunch of Incredibles, blinx 2, sudeki and Halo is the only thing worth mentioning that they had left.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. I guess a drive to good guys may not be worth it.

I forgot to mention that in the Daly City store, the video games were displayed behind the register, nowhere else in the sales floor.

well I just went there yesterady

DVDS,cables, Car Audio was 30% off
TV stands 40% off
Games that were there were only xbox and about like 7 of them lol

gonna wait till the last day to see what they have left at hwat price. Dont keep your hopes up tho sinc ethey've already had a liquidation company buy out all thier leftovers.

I hit the Tully Rd. store in San Jose in case anyone cares, they only had a few Xbox games and the only notable one was DDR Ultramix (2 I think) the rest were older and not worth a dime. If you're looking for some surround sound for your auditory enjoyment, though, it's probably a good place to hit up.

They do have some DVD 's and more specifically boxsets at a good price, I didn't spend a whole bunch of time looking through them, but it might be worth a look to get a good price on something you're just not willing to pay full price for.

The Good Guys in San Francisco on Van Ness (2 blocks away from the Circuit City) is clearing through the entire store for 20%-50%. It has a small amount of mediocre games (mostly Xbox) in the back that originally sell for $39-$49, but had a 50% original price flyer behind the shelf. The only notable pickup in my opinion out of the small selection was Halo 2 Limited Edition ($50 / 2 = $25+tx), is sort of worth it, if you don't already own it or the Triple Pack yet.

I don't know if this applies to the videogame accessories too, but I also saw Monster Cables for around $40. If the 50% of all video games rule applied to accessories too, then it would be $20. The other item I saw of notable interest was an older Xbox Live Starter Kit included with a copy Crimson Skies. The tag had a original price of $69.99, but originally clearanced to $62.99.. but of course, this item could be found in some Targets and Walmarts, or those stores for a lot cheaper.

The other items worth mentioning are the Xboxes (the standard package). It was displayed on the front table of clearanced goods, and had a listed price of $112.49 from $149.99. Pretty good pickup if you don't yet own a Xbox and can't afford the upcoming Xbox 360 and the games, or have always wanted the Xbox but during the holiday season last year was sold out. There were 5 left as I am posting this.

I stopped by today just to see if the dvd boxsets had dropped to 50% off but they were still only 40%. But what surprised me was that they had a restock of Xbox games. Halo 2, spiderman 2, knights of the republic and battlefront were the most notable.

i went to the one in orange, ca (tustin marketplace) and i think everything was 20%-50% off. there were lots of good tvs/dvds (lakers box set for $23 or something?) but the game selection wasn't really all that good. lots of halo LE's for $25, but i mean they even have Madden 2005 for $25 which is a ripoff.

bread's done
Back