Gamestop.com is preselling 34 PS3 titles

amos_82

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
They are also preselling 5 Nintendo Revolution titles.

Do you think that they are really going to get presells on games that may not come out for over a year?

Would you give them $60 plus tax to hold for a game that may not even be released?

Is this just another way of Gamestop trying to take money on RUMORS?

[quote name='pete5883']I don't really see the harm, since they don't actually get any of your money until the game is released.[/QUOTE]
You have to give them 10%, which is $5.

Seems irresponsible. The releases of the console and the games could be pushed back. I didn't even realise that a line up was already released for the ps3. :cold:

I wouldn't pay $60 for any game in the first place. If that becomes the standard price, I'll be buying all my games at the reduced/pre-owned prices.

So I guess the PS3 is being release in mid-march 06 then?

This is really stupid........ its not like there is ever a shortage of a game for a system at launch time.......... and man, $60 for next gen games is gonna suck........ man, I never buy games this gen at $50 full price......... but I bet prices will drop for games even faster

They just want to take your money early. Or if online, they want to lock you into the purchase so that you'll be more likely to buy from them when the time comes, since the order is already in. If you change your mind you have to actually go and undo what you did, which a lot of people may forget to do.

this system won't be out til fall 06 or later with the spring launch being in japan followed later in the us. regardless, i'm gonna have to view the eula before purchasing any sony disc

if the ps3 does get released in japan first, i'm not sure if i can make it still playing PS2, i like to play video games a lot, but its just getting old to me, so i'm smiling right now at those release dates even tho they are subject to change prolly dramatically..

plus wheres the awesome PS3 info that was rumored to come out on the 360 launch day? all i read was that its gonna be between 300-400 dollars, no suprise

[quote name='xxxafibenderxxx']if the ps3 does get released in japan first, i'm not sure if i can make it still playing PS2, i like to play video games a lot, but its just getting old to me, so i'm smiling right now at those release dates even tho they are subject to change prolly dramatically..

plus wheres the awesome PS3 info that was rumored to come out on the 360 launch day? all i read was that its gonna be between 300-400 dollars, no suprise[/QUOTE]

you mean this:

Correction: An earlier version of this story appeared with statements erroneously attributed to Sir Howard Stringer, CEO of Sony Corporation, regarding pricing and availability of the PS3. Stringer has not commented publicly on how much the PS3 is expected to cost, or how soon it will appear in the US after the Japanese launch in spring 2006.

Japanese launch in spring 2006...wonder when it will hit the usa? this was awesome misinformation on launch day, but cnn pulled it back saying they made it up or something.

Wow, thanx CNN for fillin me with bullshit, awhile ago i read on IGN message boards that sony would release some sort of information regarding the PS3 on launch day of the 360, to throw off sales.. even being mislead, i trust sony in making good products ( no fanboy here ) i have a feeling i'll be extremely satisfied with the PS3, that's just me though

[quote name='xxxafibenderxxx'] i trust sony in making good products ( no fanboy here ) i have a feeling i'll be extremely satisfied with the PS3, that's just me though[/QUOTE]

i agree about their quality products. the drm software that was installed on my machine by their music cds is top notch. there ain't no rootkit like a sony rootkit.

3/1/2006? Thats definitly going to be pushed back. As some of your people already said it going to launch in spring in japan so of course we have to wait at least 4-6 months after. But damn those are some pretty nice launch titles seems like I'm goin to hold off on the 360 and get a ps3 if the price is right.

bread's done
Back