- - - - -

Fable: The Lost Chapters (Xbox) $19.99 at Gamestop.com

#1 Unabandoned   Psssh. Lame deal! CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Unabandoned

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:37 PM

Well, this is a joke. Last night, Gamestop raised the price of the Platinum Hits game Fable: The Lost Chapters to $49.99, which I think is atrocious. However, they are doing so because they are the only ones (at least that I can find) that actually have the game in stock.

Does anyone know if any B&M stores or online stores have this game in stock?

[UPDATE] It was my bad..I had checked this morning and it was $49.99..but I guess they changed it in about two hours. Still, how come they are the only people with this game? They could probably afford to price it at $49.99

#2 mietha   sXe CAGiversary!   1645 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:40 PM

The ONLY place I could find it was Gamestop.com. Thankfully I ordered mine when it was still $20, but I ordered it as soon as I realized no one else had it. I have not seen any B&M store with it and I have checked close to double digits, and no other online retailer had it in stock. Most didn't even have a listing for it. Plenty of Fable all over the fucking place though. I don't think any retailers outside of the industry realized it is actually a new game, not just a rerelease. Maybe if they hadn't released it as a PH...

I just checked- It's back down to $20 at Gamestop.com. I think they raised it just so they could put "Old price $49.99-save $30 on it".
Posted Image

#3 chickenhawk   Like sand in the scumbag CAGiversary!   5318 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

chickenhawk

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:40 PM

Maybe it was a mistake, cause now it says $19.99 on the site. Although it does say you "save $30." :roll:
"The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. It can't be done." - John Ruskin :roll:
Posted Image

#4 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37007 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:41 PM

Is the location search function button broken?

http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=210294

Sez $20 to me.
Posted Image

#5 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5117 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:42 PM

I have class with some one that baught it and said they got it at best buy.

#6 kaw   Want some rye? CAGiversary!   1589 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:42 PM

http://www.amazon.co...ogames&n=507846

#7 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:43 PM

Its showing $19.99 now but its also showing a $30 price drop. Maybe they raised it to drop it to get it to show up on services like CAG-o-matic?

#8 shieryda   Opus Eponymous CAGiversary!   9250 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:51 PM

I have class with some one that baught it and said they got it at best buy.

Your classmate is lying...

#9 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3063 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:54 PM

I purchased my copy at Gamestop B&M two days after release.
Have not seen it anywhere else.

997362.png

#10 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5404 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:55 PM

The problem is that for some reason the SKU on the new version is identical to the original release SKU. As such, every large retail store with automated stock management software (pretty much all the big box retailers) has not actually ordered it because they are still showing plenty of stock of the original version. I don't know how to get around this problem.

#11 shipwreck   CAG Reviews Editor Super Moderators   7572 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:24 PM

This game is available at GameRush.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#12 mario23air   Shut up and play! CAGiversary!   636 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

mario23air

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:42 PM

It's sold out every where I've called (Gamestop, EB, Best Buy...). What gives? Is it a limited run or something?

#13 Purkeynator   Cheap before it was cool CAGiversary!   3239 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Purkeynator

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:54 PM

I can just see it on ebay now. Super Mega Ultra RARE Fable game. OMG! WTF! Buy it now for $99!
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#14 heavy liquid   tastes like burning CAGiversary!   797 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

heavy liquid

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:58 PM

I was hoping to buy this at Best Buy with the $5 gift card coupon. But I finally broke down and bought it at a B&M Gamestop.

I had to go to about 3 different ones, though... A couple of the stores that were showing that they had it online told me that they were out when I got there.

#15 Unabandoned   Psssh. Lame deal! CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Unabandoned

Posted 03 November 2005 - 08:01 PM

Haha it actually goes for about $40 to $50 on ebay right now. I don't get it..maybe this one is a rare gamestop exclusive

#16 KnightofHearts   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

KnightofHearts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 08:25 PM

'Cept ebgames has it too. Basically its like bojay said most of the other retailers if not all are too stupid to notice the difference so they only have the old version. Remember how long it took for some people to get Morrowind GOTY?
I Find Giants.
I Hunt Giants.
I Kill Giants.

#17 Sku Rhim   CAG-o-licious CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Sku Rhim

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:22 PM

Haha it actually goes for about $40 to $50 on ebay right now. I don't get it..maybe this one is a rare gamestop exclusive

I noticed this too last night on ebay....I also noticed RE4 for PS2 going for close to $50.

#18 TC   Better w/o Kinect CAGiversary!   3057 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:30 PM

This game is available at GameRush.

Yup, thats where I got it.

#19 spideymike   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2762 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:36 PM

http://www.ebgames.c...duct/232734.asp $14.99 Pre-Played at EB

Nice!

:beer:

#20 dragonpancakes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

dragonpancakes

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:38 PM

Bought mine for $20 ( had it on reserve) The GS I bought it from has a lot in stock ( just called) The highest price on ebay right now is $36.05 I wonder what I could get if I threw in the DVD from the first release.

#21 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37007 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:51 PM

You'd get one rightfully pissed off buyer. Don't be a dick.
Posted Image

#22 dragonpancakes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

dragonpancakes

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:56 PM

You'd get one rightfully pissed off buyer. Don't be a dick.

Perhaps I wasn't very clear on what I meant.
There is a copy of Fable the lost chapters on sale right now for $36. So If I put a copy up for sale ( theoretically ) it could get up to 36 also.
The bonus DVD from the first release is rare as well. And interesting to watch. I was only wondering what kind of increase there would be if I sold the lost chapters and the bonus DVD together. I would assume if they bought the two for $36 that they would be happier than had they just bought the lost chapters by itself.

#23 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37007 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:02 PM

Oh, so that's not very dickish; my apologies. I read your post as "I wonder what I'd get if I sold the lost chapters case w/ the original game switched."

My mistake.
Posted Image

#24 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8447 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:04 PM

http://www.ebgames.c...duct/232734.asp $14.99 Pre-Played at EB

Nice!

Hard to tell exactly what you'd be getting. They have a Fable page ( http://www.ebgames.c...duct/232735.asp ), and the Fable the Lost Chapters page that you linked to. If you add the "new" one from either page, it adds "Fable: The Lost Chapters". If you add the "used" one from either page, it adds it simply as "Fable - Pre-Played" (i.e. the "new" game on both pages is linked to the same item, and the "used" game on both pages is linked to the same item, with no distintion between the new release and the original version). I think they are just lumping them all together, and ordering the used one from either page could easily get you a used copy of the original. I'd hold off until they get it sorted out. Of course, one could order now and return to the store if they get the wrong item and are near enough to an EB that it wouldn't be a hassle.

#25 dragonpancakes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

dragonpancakes

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:04 PM

Oh, so that's not very dickish; my apologies. I read your post as "I wonder what I'd get if I sold the lost chapters case w/ the original game switched."

My mistake.

It's ok. That would be quite dickish though. I'd imagine no one would ever buy from me again either!

#26 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8447 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:05 PM

My mistake.

Oh, I get it now. I was wondering why you were attacking him as well. A simple misunderstanding.

#27 spideymike   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2762 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:56 PM

Hard to tell exactly what you'd be getting...I'd hold off until they get it sorted out. Of course, one could order now and return to the store if they get the wrong item and are near enough to an EB that it wouldn't be a hassle.

Yeah, it'd figure they'd do this. I'm in no rush, so I can wait.

:beer:

#28 DarienW   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:01 AM

n00b question: Does Fable:LC contain everything that was in the original Fable?

#29 Reality's Fringe   Goes sex for pussy CAGiversary!   7112 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Reality's Fringe

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:04 AM

n00b question: Does Fable:LC contain everything that was in the original Fable?

OMG U fuckin noob lolers!

But seriously, yes, it contains the original game and afew hours of bonus content. Many are saying that it's not more than 1-3 hours and therefore not worth purchasing the game again. If you've never played Fable, however, I reccomend getting TLC. For $20 it's a good deal of entertainment.
http://artthoubored.ytmnd.com/

http://snapintotehslimjim.ytmnd.com/

I had one last summer. I was asleep for it so I have no recollection of anything being up my ass.

#30 GunstarRed   The Rated 'G' Superstar CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:12 AM

I was at Target earlier today and they had about five copies of "Fable: The Lost Chapters" for Xbox on the shelf along with four copies of the original version in the PH, PC, & GH section.

If one Target has them in stock, I'm guessing others will be carrying it too.

Gunstar+Red.png