Fable: The Lost Chapters (Xbox) $19.99 at Gamestop.com

joshthegreat69

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (97%)
Well, this is a joke. Last night, Gamestop raised the price of the Platinum Hits game Fable: The Lost Chapters to $49.99, which I think is atrocious. However, they are doing so because they are the only ones (at least that I can find) that actually have the game in stock.

Does anyone know if any B&M stores or online stores have this game in stock?

[UPDATE] It was my bad..I had checked this morning and it was $49.99..but I guess they changed it in about two hours. Still, how come they are the only people with this game? They could probably afford to price it at $49.99

The ONLY place I could find it was Gamestop.com. Thankfully I ordered mine when it was still $20, but I ordered it as soon as I realized no one else had it. I have not seen any B&M store with it and I have checked close to double digits, and no other online retailer had it in stock. Most didn't even have a listing for it. Plenty of Fable all over the fucking place though. I don't think any retailers outside of the industry realized it is actually a new game, not just a rerelease. Maybe if they hadn't released it as a PH...

I just checked- It's back down to $20 at Gamestop.com. I think they raised it just so they could put "Old price $49.99-save $30 on it".

Its showing $19.99 now but its also showing a $30 price drop. Maybe they raised it to drop it to get it to show up on services like CAG-o-matic?

[quote name='sendme']I have class with some one that baught it and said they got it at best buy.[/QUOTE]

Your classmate is lying...

The problem is that for some reason the SKU on the new version is identical to the original release SKU. As such, every large retail store with automated stock management software (pretty much all the big box retailers) has not actually ordered it because they are still showing plenty of stock of the original version. I don't know how to get around this problem.

It's sold out every where I've called (Gamestop, EB, Best Buy...). What gives? Is it a limited run or something?

I was hoping to buy this at Best Buy with the $5 gift card coupon. But I finally broke down and bought it at a B&M Gamestop.

I had to go to about 3 different ones, though... A couple of the stores that were showing that they had it online told me that they were out when I got there.

'Cept ebgames has it too. Basically its like bojay said most of the other retailers if not all are too stupid to notice the difference so they only have the old version. Remember how long it took for some people to get Morrowind GOTY?

[quote name='joshthegreat69']Haha it actually goes for about $40 to $50 on ebay right now. I don't get it..maybe this one is a rare gamestop exclusive[/QUOTE]

I noticed this too last night on ebay....I also noticed RE4 for PS2 going for close to $50.

Bought mine for $20 ( had it on reserve) The GS I bought it from has a lot in stock ( just called) The highest price on ebay right now is $36.05 I wonder what I could get if I threw in the DVD from the first release.

[quote name='mykevermin']You'd get one rightfully pissed off buyer. Don't be a dick.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I wasn't very clear on what I meant.
There is a copy of Fable the lost chapters on sale right now for $36. So If I put a copy up for sale ( theoretically ) it could get up to 36 also.
The bonus DVD from the first release is rare as well. And interesting to watch. I was only wondering what kind of increase there would be if I sold the lost chapters and the bonus DVD together. I would assume if they bought the two for $36 that they would be happier than had they just bought the lost chapters by itself.

Oh, so that's not very dickish; my apologies. I read your post as "I wonder what I'd get if I sold the lost chapters case w/ the original game switched."

My mistake.

[quote name='spideymike']http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/232734.asp $14.99 Pre-Played at EB

Nice![/QUOTE]

Hard to tell exactly what you'd be getting. They have a Fable page ( http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/232735.asp ), and the Fable the Lost Chapters page that you linked to. If you add the "new" one from either page, it adds "Fable: The Lost Chapters". If you add the "used" one from either page, it adds it simply as "Fable - Pre-Played" (i.e. the "new" game on both pages is linked to the same item, and the "used" game on both pages is linked to the same item, with no distintion between the new release and the original version). I think they are just lumping them all together, and ordering the used one from either page could easily get you a used copy of the original. I'd hold off until they get it sorted out. Of course, one could order now and return to the store if they get the wrong item and are near enough to an EB that it wouldn't be a hassle.

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, so that's not very dickish; my apologies. I read your post as "I wonder what I'd get if I sold the lost chapters case w/ the original game switched."

My mistake.[/QUOTE]

It's ok. That would be quite dickish though. I'd imagine no one would ever buy from me again either!

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, so that's not very dickish; my apologies. I read your post as "I wonder what I'd get if I sold the lost chapters case w/ the original game switched."

My mistake.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I get it now. I was wondering why you were attacking him as well. A simple misunderstanding.

[quote name='guessed']Hard to tell exactly what you'd be getting...I'd hold off until they get it sorted out. Of course, one could order now and return to the store if they get the wrong item and are near enough to an EB that it wouldn't be a hassle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it'd figure they'd do this. I'm in no rush, so I can wait.

[quote name='DarienW']n00b question: Does Fable:LC contain everything that was in the original Fable?[/QUOTE]
OMG U fuckin noob lolers!

But seriously, yes, it contains the original game and afew hours of bonus content. Many are saying that it's not more than 1-3 hours and therefore not worth purchasing the game again. If you've never played Fable, however, I reccomend getting TLC. For $20 it's a good deal of entertainment.

I was at Target earlier today and they had about five copies of "Fable: The Lost Chapters" for Xbox on the shelf along with four copies of the original version in the PH, PC, & GH section.

If one Target has them in stock, I'm guessing others will be carrying it too.

I've posted all this in the Fable TLC .. out now!? thread, including the GS and EB links, as well as how it only throws a PO Fable instead of a PO Fable TLC when adding it to your cart at EB.

So yes, I was first, and I will toot my fucking horn at the fact. But I strongly recommend you guys order it now, this thing will fade into obscurity fairly quickly.

Yeah I ordered and got the orignal copy not the PO lost chapters version. I think I'll just go into my local EB and ask them to trade it, not worth the trouble to do the whole customer serice bit.

[quote name='Scorch']I've posted all this in the Fable TLC .. out now!? thread, including the GS and EB links, as well as how it only throws a PO Fable instead of a PO Fable TLC when adding it to your cart at EB.

So yes, I was first, and I will toot my fucking horn at the fact. But I strongly recommend you guys order it now, this thing will fade into obscurity fairly quickly.[/QUOTE]

What is this the AICN talkback board?!? FIRST!!! :roll:

This was off of the Lionhead Studios' web site:

Btw, this is off the Fable's web site here: http://www.lionhead.com/fabletlc/news/212

"Because Fable: The Lost Chapters for Xbox is released as a platinum version, it is replacing the original Xbox game, so some retailers might have to sell their original inventory first. As the older version is sold, the retailers will have the new version and many stores already have Fable: The Lost Chapters for Xbox."

Might sort of explain why we won't be seeing it at major stores for a long time. I don't think it'll be shorted, but some stores will have to sell some copies of their older inventories first. I imagine something similar happened when Morrowind after the Morrowind: GOTY editions were released.

bread's done
Back