Castlevania:Lament of Innocence $29.99 at EBgames (+ free CD) & Gamestop

awesome game! bought this when it first came out, worth every penny of the $50 I paid for it, good call on the great price ;)

Everyone needs to pick this game up immediately. The fighting is really fun, maybe even better than the original Devil May Cry. I picked it up a month ago at cc for 38. It's definitely worth your time and money.

[quote name='TheRock88']Cool, anyone know if this also works in-store?[/quote]

My guess is yes, because gamestop just matched the price AND they should match their prices in-store.

[quote name='CheapyD']Get the same price, pay no tax, get free shipping, and a free CD from EBgames:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/archives/000637.html[/quote]

Touche'

So now the debate is weather my greediness supercedes my laziness at wanting it now.

edit: bah, i dont really have the funds, but I snagged it anyway. seeing "used for 44.99" and the xtra music convinced me to give it a grab. (yah, that and the tax and shipping being free helped too. Forgot to mention that)

edit again: man, some people really didnt like it did they? Lots of passionate opinions both ways over at ebgames.com and gamerankings.

Just called my nearest Gamestop and they said that they DONT match their prices from their website and so I asked for a price check on it and the clerk said it was still $49.99. Damn, I really want it too but I dont have a credit card,

Yea, I made a deal post outside of the forums about this.

I think its better than DMC, but its 3 years newer too. Worth 30 if you are a fan, definetly worth getting if it gets cheaper. Because its 3d, doesnt mean that it sucks.

Something about this game: Does it play anything like COTM? Or is it more like AOS? I own both and I love them, though im definitely leaning towards liking aria of sorrow more. Does it play like a normal castlevania game / or is it undeserving of the castlevania title? I know next to nothing on this game, and beginning to become an avid fan on Castlevania, I definitely want to check it out. Please reply

lament, unfortunately, is nothing like the gba games which were fantastic. its a decent game for 30 dollars. your money would be better spent on devil may cry for 20 without a doubt though.

or better yet, you say youre new to castlevania so you should most definately check out symphony of the night for ps1. best in the series easily.

*thread merged*

My 9.99 Primal free-shipping and 29.99 2-day free Castlevania came in today, god what a glorious feeling :)

But I gotta show you guys this music sampler disc that came with Lament of Innocence. It's got a bazillion tracks on this thing, and it's not just music from the game. They got music from Aria of Sorrow AND I think the entire track listing of Symphony of the Night. Granted, they're probably not all very long, or they may have skipped a track or two, but WOW! Michiru Yamane-fest.

Just a little bit of a kick-in-the-pants incentive to snag the ebgames.com deal for any potential fence-huggers.

The Front:
musaksampler.jpg

The back:
musaksampler2.jpg

Damn! I really want that sampler but I was foolish enough to buy the game when it first came out! Can anyone help me? Anyone in any way?

FWIW, the CD alone seems to sell on eBay for $20-$30. One guy has sold 8 of them, and has another one up for bid now (can you say "Game Store Employee"? I knew you could).

Boo! When I called my local gamestop they told me I was out of luck. I'll bet it's the same guy! Sheesh. It would almost be cheaper to just buy the damn game again....unless someone round here is willing to work a deal for a copy?

[quote name='aledromo']Boo! When I called my local gamestop they told me I was out of luck. I'll bet it's the same guy! Sheesh. It would almost be cheaper to just buy the damn game again....unless someone round here is willing to work a deal for a copy?[/quote]

Umm, same guy? I suppose it is possible, but rather unlikely, it being such a big world and all. Unless, do you live in or near Escondido, CA (where the seller is located)?

Came back from CC and they're also selling it for $29.99 if anyone's interested. The price on the sticker still says $49.99 so you'll have to bring it up to a clerk and get a price check on it from the computer.

I finally broke down and bought it, I figure the CD is worth atleast 10 bucks, so the final price for the game is more like 20.

Which seems to be my judge of a true cheap ass deal lately....

I've been waiting for this game's price to go down and now with a free CD music sountrack sampler, it's gonna be a good deal. I just rented this game a few weeks ago, and was completely blown away by the story, cool moves and magnificent soundtrack, although I didn't finish it and didn't get all the secrets.

Does Best Buy and Gamestop offer the free music soundtrack sampler when I buy Castlevania:LOI from them?

The free music cd seems to be only from EB online. If you want to buy retail, use the Best Buy Gamer Gift Card to bring the price down to $25 but remember, no extra music cd.

Just got mine in the mail! Here's some info on the CD in case you're still on the fence about this...

The disc is absolutely LOADED, clocking in at just over 78 minutes!! Since the disc is labelled as a "sampler" I never expected it to be that long! So the tracks are actually full-length and everything... there's plenty that are like 3-5 minutes in length. Considering the cost of good import soundtracks, if you have ANY interest in the music of Castlevania, you really need to take advantage of this deal.

Alright, you talked me into it BustaUppa :) My wallet curses this site, but I just can't stay away!

[quote name='BustaUppa']Just got mine in the mail! Here's some info on the CD in case you're still on the fence about this...

The disc is absolutely LOADED, clocking in at just over 78 minutes!! Since the disc is labelled as a "sampler" I never expected it to be that long! So the tracks are actually full-length and everything... there's plenty that are like 3-5 minutes in length. Considering the cost of good import soundtracks, if you have ANY interest in the music of Castlevania, you really need to take advantage of this deal.[/quote]

Agreed, unless you decide to get it illegally...*cough*Gamingforce.com*cough*

I got the CD and LoI in the mail today too, and damn, this CD is better than I thought it was. It's definitely a keeper...

I know I'm being a cheap ass, but I've been rather spoiled with all of the good deals from the past few months:

Best Buy - $5 XBox games
PM to Circuit City for Beyond Good and Evil for $8.99
Animal Crossing at Target for $14.88
Super Monkey Ball 2 at Target for $14.88
Otogi for $14.99 at KB
Xenosaga for $9.99 at KB
Clock Tower 3 for $9.99 at KB
Primal for $9.99 at EB
Mario Party 4 for $22 at EB
BloodRayne for $4.98 at CC

that I can't seem to muster up the will to pay $30 for this game in dread that once I fork over the cash, the game will suddenly drop down in price and I will be left feeling this utter guilt and remorse that only a true deal fanatic could feel.

I want the audio CD, but I got the game the day it came out, and my EB had GIVEN AWAY all the audio CD's just to random people, so they had none for people buying the game. I didn't know about ebgames.com having it at the time.

I'd think about getting it again and reselling the sealed copy, but I'd lose money on the deal. :(

bread's done
Back