Preorder: Beatmania Bundle (US) $49.99 Ebgames

[quote name='Darwin23']i dunno.....49.99 seems a high price to pay for a game i wont see til' march 06.[/QUOTE]

You're card doesn't get changed until it ships.

[quote name='videodrone']You're card doesn't get changed until it ships.[/QUOTE]

i was just going to ask that.

That's cool. I don't like preordering things 4 months in advance though. Great deal if it indeed comes with the controller.

Ordered thanks OP. Considering an import controller sells for $80+, and the US bundle will probably be at least $70 or more, this seems like a great deal

I placed an order, might as well, if I change my mind I will just cancel since my card won't be charged until it ships.

i learned my lesson this time. i missed out the guitar hero deal (even though i friggin posted it!) and i won't miss this one.

anyone know if i can preorder it instore and get it for $49.99, or will they make me pay the difference?

[quote name='Dingleberry']did'nt the make people pay the difference on guitar hero instore?[/QUOTE]

Not me!

Then again I know the manager. ;)

The game itself is difficult, home or arcade. I have never played IIDX (7 key) but I have 5 key at home (with controller) and have played 5 key in the arcade twice and I can barely pass level 4 songs (5th and 6th mix).

[quote name='menikmati']Does this come with the DJ Controller?[/QUOTE]

What he asked, but more eagerly. Does anyone know? I would hate to play beatmania on a PS2 controller.

Since it says bundle, it probably is since there is also a seperate listing without the word bundle. And since this is the first US release for Beatmania (not counting 1 or 2 versions they released in the arcades as HipHopMania for the US), they are going to have to sell it with a controller.

Judging from Konami's prior pricing scheme for non-bundle DDR/Karaoke Revolution games ($39.99), this one should probably have the controller. Of course, it's not like the listing is fully filled-out anyway.

Oooooh, man. I may not be able to resist. I've been wanting a Beatmania controller for YEARS.

I can just place the order and hopefully have 50 spare bucks by March.

Thanks, OP.

I don't get it but I talked my friend into it anyways. A Beatmania controller typically runs $80-$100 but that's also becuz you're importing it. If the non-bundled game stays at $50 then this is going to be a steal.

well I bought the controller in Japan this year for around $40. The first one I got was about 4-5 years ago for $100 when the controllers first came out. Took them frickin long enough to release this game lol.... a bit too late tho

IMG_1675.jpg

I have a bad feeling this game will flop...
So there goes my hopes of a domestic Arcade style controller D:

better late than never

after playing guitar hero, i have an appetite for music games, and $50 isn't a bad price at all

[quote name='Zoglog']
I have a bad feeling this game will flop...
So there goes my hopes of a domestic Arcade style controller D:[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I think you might be right. Before Beatmania was announced for the US, I remember everyone saying it will never come out in the US due to the cost and that the difficulty is too high and that will give it low review scores. People are probably going to be unwilling to spend a lot of money on this game and I expected a lot of people to get fusturated with the game (at least 5 key mode will help ease people into the game but even starting out with 5 key can be difficult at first).

It would be awesome to have an ASC without spending $300 or $400. I just wish the Pop N Music ASC was available for less. The $60 small Konami controller works ok but it doesn't look like it even compares to the arcade version or the ASC. What I really want more than anything though is for Konami to sell some more of those DDR ASC metal pads the ones that look just like an arcade dance pad but for Playstation.

it's IIDX actually, but it has a 5 key mode.

Japanese Beatmania IIDX has a few playmodes.

easy (pure beginner mode), 5 Key, Light 7, regular, another

I recommend you don't do 5 key if you get this game. When you go from 5 key to 7 key it's like starting over again somewhat so it's better to learn with 7 key from the start.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']the real question is, will the ladies love me even more after playing this game?[/QUOTE]

The ones who dress like ladies will love you for sure ( :bouncy: | :bouncy: )

[quote name='Zoglog']it's IIDX actually, but it has a 5 key mode.

Japanese Beatmania IIDX has a few playmodes.

easy (pure beginner mode), 5 Key, Light 7, regular, another

I recommend you don't do 5 key if you get this game. When you go from 5 key to 7 key it's like starting over again somewhat so it's better to learn with 7 key from the start.[/QUOTE]

If this were just IIDX, I'd say that no one should ever touch 5 key. However, this version actually has 5 key songs from old school Beatmania as its 5 key mode, so it's not just a neutered 7 key. When you choose between Beatmania and Beatmania IIDX after pressing start, that's what you're actually doing; it wouldn't be a stretch to call this two games in one.

When you first start, do IIDX Beginner. But be sure to try 5 key sometime; there are a lot of good songs there, such as Metal Gear Solid Big Beat Mix.

[quote name='mkelehan']If this were just IIDX, I'd say that no one should ever touch 5 key. However, this version actually has 5 key songs from old school Beatmania as its 5 key mode, so it's not just a neutered 7 key. When you choose between Beatmania and Beatmania IIDX after pressing start, that's what you're actually doing; it wouldn't be a stretch to call this two games in one.

When you first start, do IIDX Beginner. But be sure to try 5 key sometime; there are a lot of good songs there, such as Metal Gear Solid Big Beat Mix.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected then, I only go from what I demoed at E3 heh.

And no this will not get you girls =p... I hope that was a joke. But at this price I think it's a bargain if you get into it. I remember having to goto the arcade back 5-6 years ago and spend 50 cents a pop just to play this game and it would kick my ass to hell. And I had been playing regular beatmania pretty damn well. It was like starting over and I actually stopped for awhile because of it. It was a crappy feeling to be failing 1 and 2 star sons when you could do 7 on 5 key.

Anyway Good price for what you get in my opinion

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']the real question is, will the ladies love me even more after playing this game?[/QUOTE]

Your musical prowess with the magical beatmania keyboard will make your fingers even more dexterious and precise.

Of course, it's obvious you'll be able to... "pleasure" the ladies well with such nimble fingers.

Like stealing diamond rings and necklaces from jewelry stores and that sort of things.

Perverts.

[quote name='Slade']Your musical prowess with the magical beatmania keyboard will make your fingers even more dexterious and precise.

Of course, it's obvious you'll be able to... "pleasure" the ladies well with such nimble fingers.

Like stealing diamond rings and necklaces from jewelry stores and that sort of things.

Perverts.[/QUOTE]

well i've ordered two...in hopes that it'll compare with the amount of interest Taiko Drum Master brought my gf

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']well i've ordered two...in hopes that it'll compare with the amount of interest Taiko Drum Master brought my gf[/QUOTE]

you people -_-.......

Taiko is a bit inferior to this game because all you do is drum to the beat, you don't really push any buttons to make the song. It's like overlaying taikosounds on top. IIDX is much more satisfying and of course challenging.

Taiko is a piece of cake compared to Beatmania. At times I think Beatmania itself is just too hard but then I go play 9 button mode on Pop N Music and fail and then Beatmania doesn't seem so bad.

I've got pretty much every music game out there. Taiko is NOTHING compared to Beatmania. It's less fun and the controller is less accurate. And that's not even taking challenge into consideration; Taiko is heavily skewed towards easier songs, while BM has everything. Beginner mode for starters, and impossible songs for those that want to spend a lot of time with it.

Wow, so we're getting an IIDX controller in the states? I definitely thought they'd have screwed it up big and only gave us 5 key or something... this bundle is niiiice, then.

The only problem is the waiting. :(

I think Ill wait for more info, Ive been waiting years for it to arrive in teh US and I didnt wanna spend $80-100 on a control, so yea. NOw they need Guitar Freaks, I dont want Guitar Hero with crappy american (rock/metal) songs probably.

Just an FYI, the PSOne version of Beatmania that was released in Europe came with a very cheap controller (about the size of a shoebox, but fairly low grade plastic. This controller was bundled with the game for around full retail of a normal, A list PSOne game at the time. I'm guessing Konami is just planning on doing something similar over here. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that this may or may not be a bargain. I can say with some certainty that they will not be bundling a $80-$100 Beatmania controller with this game.

I don't think so. the controllers they used at E3 were the same as the regular ones konami sells in Japan. If they do in fact go with really ghetto controllers that would really suck, but I highly doubt it. These controllers have been around for awhile so I'm pretty sure they're cheaper to make.

The funny thing is IIDX is the only place i've seen an online petition actually work. Thats why they continued to make IIDX for ps2

Thats because music game-gamers (lol) have tons of forums and groups that are way more than any other genre's group so when a company gets over 100,000 ppl saying they want a new game, they'll bite.

They had high end controllers on display at various trade shows prior to the Euro release of Beatmania as well. I'm guessing they want this thing to be a mass market item at a mass market price like DDR has become. They will probably allow you to buy a higher end controller on-line or through on-line retailers if you prefer. I'm guessing that might be the reason why there is a bundle and a non-bundle version.

Playing IIDX with a regular controller is useless. My guess is this will only be sold with the controller. And the controller costs $40 on its own in Japan, so a $70 bundle or even a $60 one here with that same official (and high quality) controller is very likely.

Well, I like pretty much every music game I've ever played. Hopefully, I can scrounge up $50 soon...before they pull the plug. Or, maybe the parents will lend me their credit card. :cool:

bread's done
Back