city of heroes

Jaket

CAGiversary!
Feedback
214 (99%)
ok.... i just got this game and i havnt made a character yet or picked a server... does n e 1 here play, im looking for some help or a friend that i know from the site to play with. post info here.

Monthly fee is about 12.95 I think, I dont recall since I just started my free month. I think pinnical was the first server after the beta so it's most likly to have the highest number of well versed players.

It's an easy game to get into though, essentially you're running around getting missions and shooting, blasting, pummeling or healing in groups or alone. The hardest part is just knowing what powers to put yout enhancements into.

Just to clarify. It's $15 a month and Justice server has the highest population, though I've rarely seen any problems with it.

I'm playing on Protector server with a friend. I'm a technology controller named (you guessed it) Ledhed. Look for a tall, black and blue robot. My friend has several characters, but the ones he uses most often are called Xalukai and The Kaephryn.

haha i forgot about my own topic! im playing in justics with a level 8 mutant scrapper with claws and invunerability... i have teleport and fly as of now for pool powers and i am playing quite often... my heros name is Blue Cracka... lol nasty

I tend to play on Liberty with a Level 22 Gravity/empathy controller. I'm a big fan of this game, it's the shiz. I'm really looking forward to City of Villans.

Ok, I remeber seeing this thread a while back. I just got the game, and so far its pretty great. I'm only a lvl 5 Tanker, but if anyone has any tips as to how to build him up right, id love to know.

Also thinking about making a Blaster.

This is my first online RPG type game, so im not sure exaclty what to do (Ive played some FF games and KOTOR though, so I have a clue how RPGs work) so if anyone has any advice, feel free to help out.

For me the game lasted 2 months then I felt it was a little flat. I may come back when the expansion hits but I'm not sure. The complete lack of anything to do besides missions and grinding turned me off. Until you hit the wall the game is great tho enjoy it while it lasts.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']For me the game lasted 2 months then I felt it was a little flat. I may come back when the expansion hits but I'm not sure. The complete lack of anything to do besides missions and grinding turned me off. Until you hit the wall the game is great tho enjoy it while it lasts.[/quote]

yeah, this is what everyone has been telling me about it. i just got it a few days ago though, so im still pretty interested in making characters and trying out everything i can.

i traded in some games to get it so it only cost me about $20, and if i play it for a month or two after the trial period I'll be happy.

right now im on Guardian, but ive only made one character so far and i'm not sure if ive been making any good enhancement decisions.

Yeah this is an old thread but I just picked up the game and rather than make a new thread I may as well bump this one.

Like I said I just picked up this game and I'm a lvl.4 blaster. Is anyone from this thread still playing? Any new players jumped on since this thread back in July?

I'm not currently playing, but I will say City of Heroes is pretty fun if you play it in bursts. As in, a month or two, then quit for a few months, then come back.

And it's $15 a month if you buy it month by month, but less if you wanna buy in bulk. If you live in the 'states they even send you a City of Heroes comic book for each game month, too. Which is kind of a nice little thing, since MMORPGs normally cost $15 a month now anyway.

They also add things/update it far more often than any other MMO I've played (Which is EQ, DAoC, Planetside, Anarchy Online, and the WoW beta) and I find it the most enjoyable of any of them. Sure, all there really is to the game is combat, but that's what I enjoy anyway. I don't like sitting there tapping a button every few minutes to craft things, I want to be able to be in a mission in 5 minutes and whomping bad guys.

Also, the travel time is next to nothing. With the trains taking you instantly between most of the main "Center" zones, and your travel powers (Super speed, super jump, teleport, fly) shuffling you quickly around.

So... uh... Anyone who is still wondering if City of Heroes is good, I'd say it's great. The combat is the most enjoyable MMO fighting I've ever seen. Nice and action packed.

bread's done
Back