- - - - -

Your cellphone sucks (CheapyD's new J-phone)

#91 S_gamer   Brotherhood of Steel CAGiversary!   1025 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2006 - 05:02 AM

WOW now that is one pricey phone I should buy one and show off HA! even beats Razor phone and yes Razor phone is overdone here in canada too.

#92 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10528 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:11 AM

I know Japan is a few years ahead of the U.S. as far as cell phone technology, but I don't get why everyone is drooling and envious, you can get stuff that is not too far off from that now...I have an LG VX 8100 (free after contract and rebate with Verizon) and it has pretty much all the same stuff, aside from the camera not being quite as good (only 1.3 mpx). It is pretty cool to be able to put Simpsons episodes on your phone (or whatever) with the memory card.

#93 yester   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2006 - 05:19 AM

Vodafone? Hey, that is totally europe. haha...
But, it look like that it is one the new 3G phones. mm.. i am a little sceptical about that.

Check out my new toy:
http://www.vodafone....odel_3G/v903sh/
I went with classy black...

3 Megapixels of camera goodness:
http://cheapassgamer.../cheapyd/phone/

Posted Image

#94 Steggy   Shhhhhhhhh CAGiversary!   7546 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:57 PM

wow, how much did this set u back?

#95 HedgeHodge   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   19 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

HedgeHodge

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:37 AM

if i were to buy one of those phones woul di be able to use it with an american service provider?

#96 Porject D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   291 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2006 - 05:03 AM

It would work only if the phone have been unlocked.
If anyone want one you can PM me and we can talk from there.
I happen to have two of them.
I am selling a black one with everything that is suppose to come with it.

#97 BiLo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:36 PM

Kind of pisses me off how the American market is. We get crappy overpriced outdated equipment and Japan and Korea gets the goodies. Europe also gets the other end of the goodies since they have Nokia and former Siemens.

#98 AYATOLA   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:13 AM

was that $100 with activation/contract
how much are they without activation?

I want one, lol

#99 S_gamer   Brotherhood of Steel CAGiversary!   1025 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:22 AM

Kind of pisses me off how the American market is. We get crappy overpriced outdated equipment and Japan and Korea gets the goodies. Europe also gets the other end of the goodies since they have Nokia and former Siemens.

Your right Nokia and Siemens are great phones, I know for fact my whole family in europe uses them....for god sakes they can pay their parking ticket with it...how lazy can you get????

#100 Zoglog   Blogging = AIDS CAGiversary!   6498 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:40 PM

dunno, in japan phones seemed overpriced to me.

Plus I didn't see any phones provided with the nice formfactor of the razr. Most phones in japan seemed at least twice the size of my razr.

#101 BiLo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 02:07 PM

dunno, in japan phones seemed overpriced to me.

Plus I didn't see any phones provided with the nice formfactor of the razr. Most phones in japan seemed at least twice the size of my razr.

Twice the size, with 4x the functionality. Their phones have gaming capability of a mild-playstation at the moment. Have you seen the games they are capable of playing? Let alone the functionality of their phones. We haven't even broken the 2Megapixel barrier in America.

#102 evophile   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1162 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2006 - 09:27 AM

Twice the size, with 4x the functionality. Their phones have gaming capability of a mild-playstation at the moment. Have you seen the games they are capable of playing? Let alone the functionality of their phones. We haven't even broken the 2Megapixel barrier in America.

Too true, America's obsession with the Razr is getting to be too much now. Moto is totally milking it now, coming out with even MORE colors soon. All supporting the Razr does is keep us behind.

Now mind you, I dont have anything against the Razr, I myself think it looks pretty cool, along with the Slvr too. But its far from the end all be all phone everyone here thinks it is. The screen quality on the Razr is horrid, I didn't realize until I saw my friends Razr.

I myself use a Sony Ericsson w800i, which I love, even though its kind of ugly.

The w810 is actually gonna be released here, and that is a really sweet looking phone. But I can see how all the functions arent useful to everyone.

#103 xeverex18   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2006 - 03:53 AM

you can make a fortone off ebay.