Gamerush Thread #6 Deal on New Games

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
New thread and will try to update this post as best I can so we can keep track of everything Gamerush in the thread. Trade-in prices, pre-orders, and deals offered from Gamerush.

Link to the Thread #2 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56713

Link to Thread #3 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66496

Link to Thread #4 - http://www.cheapassgamers.com/forum...ead.php?t=69110

Link to Thread #5 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71650&page=1&pp=50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy any Used game from Gamerush for 25% off started 9/13/05 and ends 1/31/06 Thanks io for the end date for the deal.

Buy any New game that is normally $49.99 excluding Xbox 360 titles will be $39.99. Started 11/22/05 and ends ?

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

(Thanks to Nemesis35 for these two deals too)
Purchase of either a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Bundled Gcube system or Mario Party Bundled Gamecube System you will receive your choice of 1 of these games:
Pikmin 2
StarFox: Assault
Paper Mario: Thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Legend of Zelda: legend of the 4 swords

Puchase of a Gameboy Advance (Not a SP):
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Mario Party Advance
Mario Pinball Land
Wario Ware Twisted

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

Reminder... someone was going to check and see about the Game Cube 'Free Game Promotion'. Anyone with info please post... folks at the GameRush I shop at did not know about it and could not find it on the 'map'.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Reminder... someone was going to check and see about the Game Cube 'Free Game Promotion'. Anyone with info please post... folks at the GameRush I shop at did not know about it and could not find it on the 'map'.[/QUOTE]

here you go

With the purchase of either a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Bundled Gcube system or a Mario Party Bundled Gcube System you will receive your choice of 1 of these games.

Pikmin 2
StarFox: Assault
Paper Mario: Thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Legend of Zelda: legend of the 4 swords

With the puchase of a Gameboy Advance (Not a SP)
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Mario Party Advance
Mario Pinball Land
Wario Ware Twisted

XBOX 360 games availiable for pre-order:

Amped 3
Burnout Revenge
Call of Duty 2
College Hoops 2k6
Condemned
Darkness, The
Dead or Alive 4
Demonik
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
Elder Scrolls 4L Oblivion Collector's Edition
Fifa 06: Road to Fifa World Cup
Final Fantasy XI
Frame City Killer
Full Auto
Gears of War
Godfather, the
Gun
Kameo
Madden 06
Nba 2k6
Nba Live 06
Need for Speed Most Wanted
NHL 2k6
Outfit, the
Perfect Dark Zero
Perfect Dark Zero: Limited Edition
Peter Jackson's King Kong
Prey
Project Gotham Racing 3
Quake 4
Ridge Racer 6
Rumble Roses XX
Saints Row
Splinter Cell 4
TIger Woods Pga Tour 2006
Tom Clancy Ghost Recon 3: Advanced Warfighter
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tony Hawk American Wasteland
Top Spin 2
True Crime 2: New York City

Also, the Trade 2 get a preorder deal ends on Nov. 21st

On November 22nd starts the 39.99 on new game deal

it works like this, NO TRADE REQUIRED, if the game is priced at $49.99 (EXCLUDES ANYTHING HIGHER THAN THIS ASWELL AS XBOX 360 GAMES) it gets discounted to 39.99

wow, all new games starting at 39.99 for this generation systems (if normally priced at 49.99 or lower) without having to trade games. not too bad but compared to 29.99 + trade in credit, this new deal is ho-hum. thanks for the info (listed in the new map?).

[quote name='nakanenui']wow, all new games starting at 39.99 for this generation systems (if normally priced at 49.99 or lower) without having to trade games. not too bad but compared to 29.99 + trade in credit, this new deal is ho-hum. thanks for the info (listed in the new map?).[/QUOTE]

Yup in the new map, btw i didnt see anything about a Mario Kart DS Bundle but also if this a Prepackaged Bundle from Nintendo then it wouldnt be in there either if GameRush is putting it together in-store then it would have that info communicated in the Map. But if Nintendo is offering this that means all Game Stores should get it and it should be valued at the same price so i see EbGames is offering it for 149.99 and it ships on 11/28 so that info should accurate at GameRush aswell since we carry mostly similar prepacked prodcuts. http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/259765.asp

Thanks for the info Nemesis35 I will update the OP but I needed some dates for the deal with the Gamecube and Gameboy Advance.

[quote name='Nemesis35']On November 22nd starts the 39.99 on new game deal

it works like this, NO TRADE REQUIRED, if the game is priced at $49.99 (EXCLUDES ANYTHING HIGHER THAN THIS ASWELL AS XBOX 360 GAMES) it gets discounted to 39.99[/QUOTE]
Hmm. Guess I better scour the lists of upcoming games to see if there is anything left to preorder.

While $10 off isn't bad for new releases, I don't expect I'll use it much unless another cash-cow tradein comes along. Just makes the credit go a little further. Bummer that the 360 isn't eligible, either. They'd have all my business for the $50 price point games.

Any word on a chain-wide Black Friday sale of any sort, Nemesis35?

[quote name='Nemesis35']

it works like this, NO TRADE REQUIRED, if the game is priced at $49.99 (EXCLUDES ANYTHING HIGHER THAN THIS ASWELL AS XBOX 360 GAMES) it gets discounted to 39.99[/QUOTE]

Great deals on the Gamecube bundles - those are some good games they are giving away, not the usual Player's Choice fodder most stores give with GC's.

This new deal is very meh... Hopefully, once they see the preorders drop to nothing, they will bring back the $29.99 preorder deal. I'm going to make a few last preorders even though there's nothing left to get - I'll just double up on things like Zelda or FF XII and hope to change them later. Though that is always more difficult when they aren't running the $29.99 promo (because they will credit me $30 and then want to use the bar code to do the new one and it won't work - this happened in the summer when the deal went away for a few weeks).

Someone at the end of the last thread said Suikoden V wasn't in the system as of last week - on the contrary, both Nemesis and I reported that it WAS in the system as of last week. In fact, my store allowed me to switch Suikoden Tactics to Suikoden V.

Since we are running out of time, here is the list of items I keep checking for. I will be out of town all next week so I'd REALLY appreciate it if people could ask about these around mid-week. Then I can make a few last trades when I get back next weekend and hopefully preorder a few of these:

DS:
Children (or World) of Mana
Final Fantasy III
Xenosaga I & II
Mario Basketball 3 on 3
Contact
Katamari
Super Princess Peach :D

PSP
Tales of Eternia
Suikoden I & II
Tokobot (comes out Nov. 29 so it should be in there - I haven't checked this one)
Katamari
Magna Carta

GC
Baten Kaitos 2
Odama

PS2
Shadow Hearts From the New World

In particular, I'd like to get any of the PSP or DS RPG's preordered. I really don't have much trade fodder to use right now anyway, so I can only probably do 2 more. Though I do have a few double preorders that I can switch to some of these if they show up in the next 1 1/2 weeks. Plus I'll be in the DC area which is a MUCH better place to find trade fodder, so if some of these show up I can go pick up a few $5 games hopefully.

[quote name='nakanenui']wow, all new games starting at 39.99 for this generation systems (if normally priced at 49.99 or lower) without having to trade games. not too bad but compared to 29.99 + trade in credit, this new deal is ho-hum. thanks for the info (listed in the new map?).[/QUOTE]

Well this means we can say good bye to GR's high trade in values.

If GR ever loses their good trade in prices, they will die within 2 months. They don't have a large preowned section AND they don't get in their new releases in time, if ever.

[quote name='aoLat']If GR ever loses their good trade in prices, they will die within 2 months. They don't have a large preowned section AND they don't get in their new releases in time, if ever.[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt they will buy back a game for $30-$35 when they are selling it for $40.

so is the trade 2 and preordering for $29.99 still on? i haven' been there for couple of week.. and if the $39.99 is true. .i wanna reserve the chibi robo game (didn't know about this one.. dang).. .is Odama also in the system yet?

[quote name='racthamp']so is the trade 2 and preordering for $29.99 still on? i haven' been there for couple of week.. and if the $39.99 is true. .i wanna reserve the chibi robo game (didn't know about this one.. dang).. .is Odama also in the system yet?[/QUOTE]

Chibi-Robo yes, Odama no, though last time I checked on that one was about 4-5 days ago. Please ask about Odama if you go in, because it is one I would definitely preorder. The deal runs until Nov. 21st - basically through next weekend (and I am out of town and GR-less from Nov 13 - Nov 19).

[quote name='Matt Young']Has anyone had any luck trading in 2 games and getting a recent release for $30 rather than a preorder?[/QUOTE]

Not since, like, May or June :D

Hah, of course I posted my question right at the end of the last thread.

I know io checked on the new Shadow Hearts being in the system and it wasn't but has anyone checked any other upcoming RPGs? I know Suikoden 5 isn't in there at least as of last week. Does anyone know if Wild Arms 4 or Grandia 3 are in the system?

Did anyone pre-order Magna Carta? I know they never got in DDS or any Atlus titles for that matter but I was hoping they cleaned up their act by now. And checking Gamespot they've announced a sequel to it for the 360 in 2007, wow.

Wow, I didnt know Katamari was going to be on DS. I've never played them before but since there's a lot of buzz going on with those games, DS might be the time I actually play it.

[quote name='jboy']I seriously doubt they will buy back a game for $30-$35 when they are selling it for $40.[/QUOTE]

These are the same math wizards that give you $35 for a game they sell used for $45. But wait, they don't really sell it for $45, they sell it for 25% off of $45. This means that they are actually selling it for $33.75. That's right, they lose $1.25 for every game they give $35 in trade-in credit for and that's not even counting what they are paying employees to take in the trade and sell the game again. It's comical.

[quote name='Zennousha']Hah, of course I posted my question right at the end of the last thread.

I know io checked on the new Shadow Hearts being in the system and it wasn't but has anyone checked any other upcoming RPGs? I know Suikoden 5 isn't in there at least as of last week. Does anyone know if Wild Arms 4 or Grandia 3 are in the system?

[/QUOTE]

For the THIRD time :D, Suikoden V IS in the system - as of last weekend anyway.

[quote name='Zennousha']Hah, of course I posted my question right at the end of the last thread.

Did anyone pre-order Magna Carta? I know they never got in DDS or any Atlus titles for that matter but I was hoping they cleaned up their act by now. And checking Gamespot they've announced a sequel to it for the 360 in 2007, wow.[/QUOTE]

I preordered it, it's worth a shot. I also preordered it at EB games where I'll actually be able to pick it up the day it comes out. Then if by some miracle gamerush get's it in I'll just return the unopened copy i get there to EB.

Can you still preorder Dragon Quest VIII: JotCK for PS2? I played the demo and liked it, and I really need an RPG right now. When does Suikoden V come out?

Gamerush really PO me today I went to get my copy of Matrix Path to Neo and they still did not get it in!!!!!!!!! THey said we have copies to rent but your purchased copy along with 3 other people who preowered are not in yet. I am so pissed off now....damn!!!!!!!!

[quote name='io']For the THIRD time :D, Suikoden V IS in the system - as of last weekend anyway.[/QUOTE]
Oh, sorry. I browsed the last thread from where I thought I left off and missed it plus I tend to not read the first post for some reason. Oops :( Glad I took Trapt back so I can preorder it. Thanks!

Is the US getting Suikoden I/II for PSP for sure?

Anyone get Matrix: PON yet? They only had rental copies when I called last. But I have the LE pre-ordered so I wonder if they are not going to call me based on that.

[quote name='jkircos']Anyone get Matrix: PON yet? They only had rental copies when I called last. But I have the LE pre-ordered so I wonder if they are not going to call me based on that.[/QUOTE]

Who knows? I haven't tried to pick mine up yet. I also preordered the Limited Edition which of course has been cancelled, I remember the regular ed and the limited ed were two different part numbers, so I think its a big YMMV here as to whether they'll let you get the regular one or just give you $30 credit back or whatever. I'll report on my findings tomorrow

[quote name='aoLat']Trapt sounds pretty cool. Might get it if it's $30 somewhere. :D[/QUOTE]
I love the Deception games, the first two at least I've never even seen the third in person. Trapt seemed like a great update from the previews but the reviews make it seem mediocre and combining that with the fact that the number of normal traps was slashed to make room for the super over the top traps I took it back. The killing point was I read that the frame rates get really bad sometimes and the game freezes because of it. When the game depends so much on running and setting off things that need pretty precise timing you need good frame rate.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Did anyone see Fatal Frame 3 at any of their Gamerushes?[/QUOTE]
I picked up my copy this past Wednesday. They said they got three copies and mine was the only preorder so there might be some extras at yours.

[quote name='Zennousha']Oh, sorry. I browsed the last thread from where I thought I left off and missed it plus I tend to not read the first post for some reason. Oops :( Glad I took Trapt back so I can preorder it. Thanks!

Is the US getting Suikoden I/II for PSP for sure?[/QUOTE]

No problem - just didn't want you to miss it since the deal is ending soon.

I'm fairly sure the US is getting Suikoden I/II for PSP - but I don't think there has been a release date set yet, so that may be why it isn't in the system (though that didn't stop them from including FF XII, KH 2, Zelda, etc).

Aolat - if you get it done this weekend I'm sure you can preorder Dragonquest VII. It is getting amazing reviews, so if you want an RPG to play in the near term that would be the one. Suikoden V comes out in February.

Has anyone seen any 360 stuff at GR yet?? I'm hoping to get everything but the systems at GR with my store credit. I've been told by a manager it'll go on sale as soon as they get it in.

[quote name='Nemesis35']

[/QUOTE]

Nemesis, we have a report in another thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73674

from a GR employee about this $39.99 deal but he states the preorder deal will continue along side it. How positive are you about the end of the $29.99 preorder deal?

[quote name='io']DS:
Children (or World) of Mana
Final Fantasy III
Xenosaga I & II
Mario Basketball 3 on 3
Contact
Katamari
Super Princess Peach :D
[/QUOTE]
Sorry to burst your bubble, but IIRC Katamari = Cancelled

[quote name='jaffray']Does this mean we are allowed to preorder XBOX 360 games with this deal? Help Me Out~!![/QUOTE]

YMMV on that....but they would have to manually override it. So, the short answer is NO.

Also, will the $49.99 360 games be $39.99?

[quote name='doubledown']YMMV on that....but they would have to manually override it. So, the short answer is NO.

Also, will the $49.99 360 games be $39.99?[/QUOTE]

Nope, no 360 games whatsoever. These will fly off the shelves anyway!

[quote name='io']Aolat - if you get it done this weekend I'm sure you can preorder Dragonquest VII. It is getting amazing reviews, so if you want an RPG to play in the near term that would be the one. Suikoden V comes out in February.[/QUOTE]

I know this sounds REALLY dirty, but I wanna know if DQVIII can be HD Loaded or not, before I drop a preorder on this over Half-Life 2 for XB. :shy: The last NON-online game I purchased was RE4, and before that.... GTA:SA over a year ago. I know... I'm a baaaaad person. :cry:

[quote name='io']Nemesis, we have a report in another thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73674

from a GR employee about this $39.99 deal but he states the preorder deal will continue along side it. How positive are you about the end of the $29.99 preorder deal?[/QUOTE]

I am 100% certain that from what i read in the deal section in the map that the 29.99 preorder deal ends on Nov. 21st and the 39.99 deal starts on the 22nd. Now this may just apply to my region because ive heard of at least one region still doing the extra 25% on 3 or more trades which is no longer going on in my region. Sometimes you'll hear of some deals that are exclusive to the areas because basically it is a test market to see how it goes over before it goes to national to the other locations so they wont lose that much money if the deal sucks.

BTW i highly suggest preorder the DragonQuest VIII, first and foremost if you are an RPG fan, and secondly because it includes a PLAYABLE DEMO of FINAL FANTASY XII

P.S.
Also IO you shouldnt have passed up on Suikoden Tactics that game is so Shweet.

[quote name='aoLat']I know this sounds REALLY dirty, but I wanna know if DQVIII can be HD Loaded or not, before I drop a preorder on this over Half-Life 2 for XB. :shy: The last NON-online game I purchased was RE4, and before that.... GTA:SA over a year ago. I know... I'm a baaaaad person. :cry:[/QUOTE]

well the DQVIII demo didn't work so chances are the real game will be a no go as well.

I really don't know if I should Preorder Dragon Quest or not. I have magna carta coming out this week and Wild Arms Alter Code F as well. To throw another rpg in the mix would be overkill, I thinkk I would start mixing up storylines and getting these confused. But man, FFXII demo. I don't know if I can pass. Does Dragon Quest come out this week?

does the mario party 7 bundle come with 2 controllers? thinking it might be worthwhile to buy a second gamecube for the extra controller, game, and bonus game.

[quote name='Nemesis35']

P.S.
Also IO you shouldnt have passed up on Suikoden Tactics that game is so Shweet.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... It got bad reviews so I wanted to pass on it before I was stuck with it. I can always pick it up later if necessary. I can certainly wait for a price drop, though this might be a not too common title around the time of a price drop.

[quote name='nakanenui']does the mario party 7 bundle come with 2 controllers? thinking it might be worthwhile to buy a second gamecube for the extra controller, game, and bonus game.[/QUOTE]

Yup, comes with an extra controller. Just keep in mind that it's a black gamecube and the extra controller is indigo. I guess they had a bunch of extra indigo controllers lying around... Either way, it's a pretty good deal. I picked up one at TRU to get the $10 GC.

How many days do I have to return/exchange the game at gamerush? I look at the back of the reciept and didn't find any info, thank you

[quote name='racthamp']How many days do I have to return/exchange the game at gamerush? I look at the back of the reciept and didn't find any info, thank you[/QUOTE]

technically the usual return periods is 30 days we usually only enforce this with used items but with used items can only be returned within 30 days if the item is defective, if there is a another copy they we'll just switch the disc out now with NEW items if the item is unwrapped and with receipt you can return it whenever they do not specify a time period anywhere in the policies.

[quote name='Nemesis35']technically the usual return periods is 30 days we usually only enforce this with used items but with used items can only be returned within 30 days if the item is defective, if there is a another copy they we'll just switch the disc out now with NEW items if the item is unwrapped and with receipt you can return it whenever they do not specify a time period anywhere in the policies.[/QUOTE]

really? cool.... I found a copy of Dawn of Sorrow for $29 - 25% = $24... and I still have the DOS shrink wrap with receipt.. i'll bring it back and get Sonic DS then.....hopefully they'll have it for $35 (same with DOS).. sonic review has been pretty good.. thanx nemesis

I went to my Blockbuster today and they were running a promo where you get $5 free (onto your giftcard) when you buy a $50 giftcard. The giftcard also works for Gamerush so I went ahead and bought one. I figure I'll spend it all eventually. Can some other CAGs verify if this is nationwide? It would be a good way to save even more on used games if it is.

bread's done
Back