Eddie Guerrero's wrestling topic (RIP 1967 - 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
eddie9ry.jpg

Eddie Guerrero has had wrestling in his blood since the day he was born in 1968. Eddie's father, Gory Guerrero, was the founding father of the Lucha Libre style of wrestling in Mexico. He is considered to be the best pro wrestling in Mexican history. Eddie has three other brothers, Chavo, Mando and Hector, as well as a nephew.. Chavo Guerrero, Jr., currently portraying "Kerwin White" in the WWE. Eddie wrestled at the University of New Mexico on an athletic scholarship. He debuted in 1987 in the EMLL promotion in Mexico. He usually wrestled in six man tag matches with his brothers Hector and Mando and won his first singles title, the WWA Welterweight title, under the guise of "Mascara Magica (Magic Mask)" in 1992.

Later that year, Eddie dropped the mask and began the legacy of Eddie Guerrero. In 1993, he bounced between Mexico and NJPW and became one of the top foreign stars in Japan. He competed in the Top of the Super Junior Heavyweights tournament, along with Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, and 2 Cold Scorpio. He was bundled with the "Black Tiger" gimmick in 1994 in Japan.

He continued wrestling in Mexico. He teamed up with "Love Machine" Art Barr and won the AAA World Tag Team Titles in Chicago. Three weeks later, Art Barr was found dead in his bedroom in Springfield, Oregon.

After this, Eddie left Mexico and came to Extreme Championship Wrestling. He defeated 2 Cold Scorpio for the TV title in his debut match and had a 30 minute match with Dean Malenko the following week, in what many consider to be the best match of the promotion.

Eddie left ECW in late 1995 and joined with World Championship Wrestling. He feuded with Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit, and Konnan. Eddie defeated Jushin "Thunder" Liger in the finals of the Top of the Super Juniors in the summer of '96 and won the tournament.

Eddie won his first title in WCW at Starrcade '96, defeating Diamond Dallas Page to capture the vacant US Heavyweight Title. He lost if three months later to Dean Malenko. He defeated Chris Jericho at WCW Superbrawl to capture his first cruiserweight title.

He had great matches with Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Ultimo Dragon and Psichosis and lost the crusierweight title to Rey Mysterio, Jr. in a mask vs. title match at WCW Halloween Havoc 1997. He left WCW along with Perry Saturn, Chris Benoit, and Dean Malenko and joined WWE as "The Radicals". He developed an addictin to pain medication stemming from a car accident earlier that year and was released briefly to enter rehabilitation. He returned several months later.

He's enjoyed a decent amount of success in the WWE, bouncing back and forth between heel and face. In 2003, he started driving a customized lowrider to the ring and has been associated with them ever since. Also in 2003, Eddie was both the US champ and the Tag Team champ along with his nephew, Chavo. Eddie won his first WWE title at WWE No Way Out 2004, after defeating Brock Lesnar.

Eddie was a wonderful wrestler and could truly work his character. You either loved him or you hated him. Unfortunately, through causes unknown at this point, Eddie Guerrero was found dead in his hotel room this morning, Sunday, November 13th, 2005.

Thanks for the memories, Eddie.

fn8ish.jpg

I about crapped myself when I was doing my daily run through of wrestlezone and I saw this... talk about your heart dropping in your stomach.

I declare today "National Lie, Cheat, and Steal" day.

TNAWrestling.com acknowledges Eddie passing away...

[quote name='TNAWrestling.com']TNA JOINS THE WRESTLING WORLD IN MOURNING THE PASSING OF EDDIE GUERRERO

On Sunday morning, TNA joined the wrestling world in learning of the unfortunate and untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero.

The mood backstage in Orlando is solemn, as many TNA staff and stars were close with Eddie and worked with him throughout his career.

Everyone in TNA will keep Eddie and his family in our thoughts and prayers in the days and weeks to come as we say goodbye to a friend...[/quote]

I've uploaded his WCW theme, which I personally think was his best theme. You can get it by clicking the last picture.

Thanks Scorch. I might look around for some Eddie stuff to post as well. I have a couple of Titatrons.

This is minor, but I hope Chavo immediately goes back to his real name in honor of his uncle.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Thanks Scorch. I might look around for some Eddie stuff to post as well. I have a couple of Titatrons.

This is minor, but I hope Chavo immediately goes back to his real name in honor of his uncle.[/QUOTE]

that's probably the only good that can come of something so tragic.

[quote name='gigan54']that's probably the only good that can come of something so tragic.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping that they put the title on Orton now, and since Orton can't carry SmackDown, they'll re-merge the rosters.

I know it wouldn't happen, but still.

Eddie Guerrero was found in his hotel room in Minneapolis with his toothbrush in his mouth. He apparently died while brushing his teeth. At this point, the belief among WWE personnel is that Guerrero died of heart failure.

Shortly after Guerrero's body was found and removed from the room, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Dean Malenko and Chavo Guerrero visited the hotel room to say their goodbyes. WWE wrestlers and staffers were visibly shaken and emotional while leaving the hotel to go the Target Center, the site of tonight's Raw/Smackdown taping. Word from WWE sources is that the tenor of tonight's taping will be dramatically different and that the Smackdown show will need to be revised.

Guerrero's death is now the lead story on WWE.com, under the headline "Tragic Loss". The article says that WWE is "deeply saddened" by Guerrero's death, and provides no further details on his passing.

From pro wrestling torch.

More..

Eddie Guerrero had breakfast this morning with Chavo Guerrero and at least one other wrestler, then returned to his hotel room. When he didn't come out of his room in the expected amount of time, friends went looking for him and found him dead.

Guerrero has a long history of battling pain pill addiction, a struggle that was chronicled in a UPN special last year which is now on DVD. There is no firm confirmation, though, at this time, that his death was related to his lifelong battle.

[quote name='y2jrevolution']Tonight's Raw and Smackdown show will be very emotional. If anyone here is going please post what happens[/QUOTE]

The only one I know of that thought of going was Demoman, but he's so anti-WWE that it's not even funny so I doubt he'll go

Press conference regarding Guerrero's death
Nov. 13, 2005

Vince McMahon and Chavo Guerrero held a press conference regarding the untimely death of Eddie Guerrero today at 12:45 CT. At this time, the circumstances surrounding his death are still unclear.

Video of the entire press conference will be made available on WWE.com shortly.

Yeah, I don't watch wrestling anymore, but I certainly remember Eddie back from when I used to. Definetely a tragic loss for all. RIP

From lordsofpain.net...

Just in time for Christmas, the WWE will be releasing the autobiography of former WWE Champion Eddie Guerrero on December 20th, 2005.

This was before his death. I am sure Saucy Jack has posted this already but in case he hasn't..

I hate to say it but I'm not completely surprised what w/Eddie's past w/drugs and alcohol not to mention steroids. W/the long-term damage those do to your body it was only a matter of time. Heart failure is suspected and is very feasible considering, particularly, his steroid use. I like to think that Eddie wasn't back into drugs or alcohol but his current steroid use was pretty obvious. I have a rant related to this but I'll hold off for a few days. My heart goes out to Eddie's family, Chavo, Rey and everyone else close to him. He was one of the best and he'll be missed for years.

[quote name='neocisco']I hate to say it but I'm not completely surprised what w/Eddie's past w/drugs and alcohol not to mention steroids. W/the long-term damage those do to your body it was only a matter of time. Heart failure is suspected and is very feasible considering, particularly, his steroid use. I like to think that Eddie wasn't back into drugs or alcohol but his current steroid use was pretty obvious. I have a rant related to this but I'll hold off for a few days. My heart goes out to Eddie's family, Chavo, Rey and everyone else close to thim. He was one of the best and he'll be missed for years.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't make it any easier to stomach.

[quote name='neocisco']I hate to say it but I'm not completely surprised what w/Eddie's past w/drugs and alcohol not to mention steroids. W/the long-term damage those do to your body it was only a matter of time. Heart failure is suspected and is very feasible considering, particularly, his steroid use. I like to think that Eddie wasn't back into drugs or alcohol but his current steroid use was pretty obvious. I have a rant related to this but I'll hold off for a few days. My heart goes out to Eddie's family, Chavo, Rey and everyone else close to thim. He was one of the best and he'll be missed for years.[/QUOTE]

I don't think any of us are suprised, but that doesn't take away from the shock.

In all honesty, I thought Scott Hall would drop off next.. I thought Eddie still had a good 10 years left in him before any complications or anything..

This pisses me off. He was a good wrestler one of the best in the wwe. However he dies instead of suckass wrestler's like many others I could go on and on but I'll stop here.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't think any of us are suprised, but that doesn't take away from the shock.

In all honesty, I thought Scott Hall would drop off next.. I thought Eddie still had a good 10 years left in him before any complications or anything..[/QUOTE]

Exactly why steroid use should be seen w/the same contempt that heroin use is, IMO. I'll (try to) hold off saying anything else until my rant.

[quote name='Graystone']However he dies instead of suckass wrestler[/QUOTE]

Wow.

You just earned a spot on my blocklist.

It doesn't matter who would've died. Death is death. It could've been Vader and i'd still be upset.

I was pretty shocked to hear this. It's really a tragedy, he was one of the most talented performers, always entertaining, and died far too young. He will be missed.

[quote name='Scorch']Holy crap, you ain't kidding.. that's extremely hard to watch.

Regarding the thread.. no worries, I just wish I could've found more regarding the end of his WCW career and a little more on his WWE career.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I am not that emotional of a person but even I had to get up and walk around a little bit after I saw it. The good thing is that there are so many good memories we can all share though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back