North NJ Possible 360 locations....

jalu6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Alright kids, the one small advantage to living in north NJ is that there is about a billion places that sell video games in a very small mile radius. Since I was a sucker and didnt pre-order an Xbox360, I'm currently looking for some good ideas to get one on launch. My idea is bascially to find a few stores in out of the way places/ghettos that may have stock but may not get a lot of traffic due to people not thinking of it, or being far too freightened of muggings. :) So, if you say the Best Buy in the Garden State Plaza, you are an idiot. I'm not camping out with the 300 other people for one.

My best idea right now is the Sears store in downtown Hackensack. Yes they sell games. Yes they have a small 360 display and no one ever thinks of going there, mainly because its not connected to anything other stores at all. Also there is a Big K store on route 4 in Elmwood Park (almost to Patterson) that may have some, and another Kmart right off Route 21 on the Garfield/Passaic border.

So, any other CAG's think of any good locations?

WOW! The Sears in Hackensack has the 360? When the PSP was released, they didn't have any PSP's nor did they have any PSP games. My dad has around $450 in Sears credit...maybe I can talk him into giving me some of it? Thanks for the heads up.

I'm going to make a check this week to confirm that they'll be getting them at launch., I'll keep you posted.

I just moved out of North Jersey (I was in Lodi, moved south by the shore)...

On the day of the Xbox launch, I decided I wanted one...didn't preorder. After driving store to store, checking every location I could think of, the Circuit City on RT17 in Paramus got a late truck, and I got one there.

Having gone through that experience, I'd say that you may be able to find one at places like Suncoast or small movie store in malls and such, perhas the Coconuts on RT4 near Hackensack...but it WILL be tough. There is a lot of places to shop, but there is also alot of shoppers.

Good luck, I'd join you in the hunt if I had money!

i would stay away from stores directly on rts 3, 46, 17, and 4 in north jersey.

they're gonna be super packed.

other than that....good luck!

i'm gonna wait a few months before picking one up.

I did 3, 17, 46, 4 circuit when the PS2 was released, and it a was frustrating day -- didn't find one.

The Sears in Hackensack is pretty good bet. As well as the TRU's behind the Bergen Mall (I guess it's on Route 4 but the store seems to be dead).

[quote name='kill3r7']The Sears in Hackensack is pretty good bet. As well as the TRU's behind the Bergen Mall (I guess it's on Route 4 but the store seems to be dead).[/QUOTE]

That TRU is a good call. Every single TRU deal I've ever wanted to get in on had stock on that one. I'm not sure why it's always dead, but they always have plenty of what i want.

The year of the PS2 launch was the year I finally broke down and got one of the second gen PSOnes (was Nintendo only at the time). The day after Chistmas I went there to pick up a game or two for my new system and they had stacks and stacks of PS2s there. I didn't get one a the time, but I was surprised how easy it was to find there.

[quote name='peloquin17']i would stay away from stores directly on rts 3, 46, 17, and 4 in north jersey.[/QUOTE]

add 22 to that list.

If I actually decide to get one I'm probably going to go to a Target - it's the least thought of when it comes to gaming I think.

I seem to remember a little electronics boutique in the livingston mall (which was always deserted) where I got my N64 (back in the day) and they were more than happy enough to sell before release day. But then again its an EB so they're probably all preordered out the wazoo.

So, did anyone camp out last night?

Luckily I got in on the bundless Walmart deal on friday, so I should have one on the way to me right now. But I know it rained here pretty bad last night. I'm curious to see if anyone had the nuts to camp or not.

[quote name='jalu6']So, did anyone camp out last night?

Luckily I got in on the bundless Walmart deal on friday, so I should have one on the way to me right now. But I know it rained here pretty bad last night. I'm curious to see if anyone had the nuts to camp or not.[/QUOTE]

I live in Jersey City and on a whim went to the nearby Target I was probably number 20 in line and they only handed out like 14 tickets. Originally they were going to get in close to 40 360's b/ the numbers fell through.

I'm making my way home tonight from Central Jersey and all the stores around here (Rutgers) are completely sold out and they have been getting rediculously low numbers of systems. The Walmart's around here got 10 a piece, 2 Sears stores 8 & 4 total , Best Buy had 61 I heard but they were 40 core and 21 premium, Sam's Club had 19 total (premium bundles), Targets around here had 10 a piece as well. I don't know anything about CC since the line was rediculously long and after failing to find any places this moring I pretty much gave up.

Hopefully, I'll find something once I get back home (North Jersey).

[quote name='kill3r7']I'm making my way home tonight from Central Jersey and all the stores around here (Rutgers) are completely sold out and they have been getting rediculously low numbers of systems. The Walmart's around here got 10 a piece, 2 Sears stores 8 & 4 total , Best Buy had 61 I heard but they were 40 core and 21 premium, Sam's Club had 19 total (premium bundles), Targets around here had 10 a piece as well. I don't know anything about CC since the line was rediculously long and after failing to find any places this moring I pretty much gave up.

Hopefully, I'll find something once I get back home (North Jersey).[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess any stores near a college campus would be completely overrun. I think you gotta look at Best Buys near Retirement Communities and Hospitals. :)

Gonna look at lunch at some KB Toys and Sears...We'll see what I can find.

I was all over Northern Jersey and the Bronx and Lower Westchester today and no luck. If anybody hears of anyplace having some left let us know. ;)

us jersey fuckers were fucking shitbags last night. I met a lot of cool down to earth chill people but even more fucking tools and dickheads in the lines.

I hit a North Jersey Walmart last night - #18 in line and I waited for an hour. The store got "less than 10" and that's all the lady said at 11:45. Nice to make a crowd of 50 wait in the pouring rain. As I drove home I hit 2 Targets, 2 Best Buys and another Walmart to check lines and there were at least 100 at each Best Buy and 50 or so at Target and thos places didn't open until the morning. I was going to go around 5 a.m. but after seeing that I didn't bother.

Oh well, I'm going to keep my eyes open for one but I doubt I'll get lucky until after the holidays. No big deal because the first gaem I'm buying for it is Halo and I've waited this long to play it so a few more weeks won't hurt...

call KB in west caldwell.

its a small store, they might have one or two.

i havent check because im not interested...yet.

im gonna hold out till the spring.

plus i just bought a new gee-tar

[quote name='peloquin17']call KB in west caldwell.

its a small store, they might have one or two.

i havent check because im not interested...yet.

im gonna hold out till the spring.

plus i just bought a new gee-tar[/QUOTE]

KB isn't stocking the 360. They got nothing.

still no luck around here. Tried both Sears and neither had any units. They claimed they will be getting them in, but not sure when.

[quote name='Jedi1979']i jsut saw about 4 premiums in a Wal mart in Airmont, NY...not far from ramsey and Paramus...if that helps anyone[/QUOTE]

you sure they werent just display boxes?

i called and they said they had none.

thye didnt look like display boxes...and if they were they shouldnt have 4 of them in a glass case on the bottom shelf...plus they werent there last week when i was looking for one...

it could be possible they didnt know if they had them, did you ask for electronics?...or they sold...maybe somebody not realizing they arent worth much more then retail brought them all:roll:

[quote name='Jedi1979']thye didnt look like display boxes...and if they were they shouldnt have 4 of them in a glass case on the bottom shelf...plus they werent there last week when i was looking for one...

it could be possible they didnt know if they had them, did you ask for electronics?...or they sold...maybe somebody not realizing they arent worth much more then retail brought them all:roll:[/QUOTE]

called, asked for electronics. said they didnt have any.

i just dont know if i want to drive 45 mins or not.

about 2 weeks ago i was in Garden State Plaza best buy around 5pm and i saw 2 people carrying them out. I think the smartest thing to do is just to check out the stock every day online and pick them up when they show them avaiable. I think they are trickling in but not quite widely available yet.

still looking.

this blows.

i always tell myself im gonna buy i system at launch and i never do. then a few months later i realize i want one.

i need to have my friggin head examined.

I saw several 360s at the Target on Route 22 last Thursday. The one on the Eastbound side, I think it's in Springfield. It was the first time I had seen any in the stores. I just happened to notice them while shopping for something else.

I was in the Midland Park Gamestop picking up my $20 Indigo Prophecy yesterday when I noticed a sign outside saying they had 360's in stock. Not sure how many they had or if they're still around, but you may want to call and see if they have any left.

[quote name='jalu6']I was in the Midland Park Gamestop picking up my $20 Indigo Prophecy yesterday when I noticed a sign outside saying they had 360's in stock. Not sure how many they had or if they're still around, but you may want to call and see if they have any left.[/QUOTE]

i just called at 4:13.

they said they didn't have any.

EDIT: scored a premium last night from the walmart in rockaway. WOO!

i have a 360 i'm trying to get rid of if anyone in NJ is interested

premium, played twice literally

have two games: DOA4, NHL2k6

and a plug and play charger for the wireless controller

i'll sell the xbox for 425 with charger or 500 with the games and charger

if you're interested let me know

i live in kenilworth and work in new brunswick so pick up anywhere near there is good

bread's done
Back