Digital Cameras

chief928

CAGiversary!
Anyone know anything about digital cameras? I am looking to buy one and I want one that is relatively easy to use and takes good pics. Anyone had any good expericnes with a particular camera?

Hmm, circuit city had some good ones for cheap last time I went in, cheap as in 100 to 200, dont remeber exact camera models though.

Fuji FinePix A205 or something along the lines of that is a good camera that retails for $100. It's pretty basic and takes good pics for a quite cheap price.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']If your in the market for a new phone get a camera phone, kill 2 birds with one stone.[/quote]

Bad idea. The camera phones take low quality pictures and do not have zoom. I have one and it is handy, but I would choose a regular digitial camera over it anyday because of the better quality pictures.

Are you looking to print photos, or just put them on the computer? If you don't want prints you can get away with a cheaper camera.

Just for a baseline, Target has 3.1 megapixel cameras with LCD screen and varying memory options for $99. Try pricewatch too.

Thanks for the advice thus far. I am looking for something that I can send pretty good quality pics via email and then print out the really good ones. It doesn't even necessarily need to be cheap, just good.

mega pixels dont matter thats is important to rember i had a 3.o mp hp and it pics look liked shit i then bought a sony cyber shot the 200 dollar ones and it 2.0 mp the pic look like pro qaulity
go with either sony, cannon fuji, nikon they all got great camera for under 200

If you dont mind a used one, check Ebay. I got a Toshiba 2.1 megapixel 3x zoom for $55 shipped.

If you are just going to use it for sending pics in emails and print out, 2-3Megapixel camera is more than enough. You also have to check on what media it uses. Smart media is on the way down and compact flash, secure digital are the most common one camera uses these days.

I have an Olympus d-550 3.0 mp, and the pictures come out awesome. Crystal clear, bright colors. The camera itself is also easy to use. I've always heard good things about Olympus cameras, which is why I got one in the first place. And don't let them fool you about the megapixels. Like someone just mentioned, they don't really matter. The difference between a 3.0 and a 5.0 is not very noticeable in my opinion, unless you are big into graphics and photography. Otherwise, a 2 or 3 mp will suit you just fine.

I have leared that megapixels dont matter i had one of those 99 3 mp camera pictures looked horrible i bought one of the cybershot $200 2.o mp and the pics look great i recommend epinions.com they are based of actual users but ever product does have bad reviews cause someone thats just normal

So after much research, I am thinking of going the cheapass route and buying a Nikon Coolpix 2100 for $119 at Costco. It seems like a pretty good deal though it is an older model. Anyone know anything about this camera?

bread's done
Back