EB Screw anyone else??

nelsed

CAGiversary!
I just got my copy of Wario World from the 9.99 offer -- NEW....

And it's a re-shrinkwrapped copy ... with a tear in the cover...
I haven't opened it to check the disc condition...

but that pisses me off....

Anyone else get screwed??

I remembering ordering the Robotech SE for the Xbox a while back when they had it on sale. I bought it new, but when it came the box was a mess, the contents inside were ruffled, and the game (which was NOT new) had abrasions on it. I feel your pain :(

Mine is the same way. I'm not going to open it at home. I will take it in to the store and ask them to exchange it for a new one. I am generally happy with most of the items I get from ebgames.com. As long as they treat me right on the exchange, I won't hold it against them.

i didn't have problems with my games. i had problems with buying used Dreamcast games from them. out of like 4 dc games....2 of them didn't work.....

I will never give eb bussiness again! I just sent them a nasty gram. I have ordered three times from them all with free shipping. However each time they have charged it anyways. I have called each time with no avail. Some new games I have bought were opened and reshrinkwrapped. One of the games was all beat up and had finger prints on it! What up with dat? Anyways gamestop will now be my new game store. Oh yeah I sent them an email saying I was upset and they sent me a smart ass email saying that the free shipping had ended! Well no shit! Thats why I used the SAVER code! I then emailed them again. I got an even more smart assed email back! Fine if you donm't want my bussiness thats fine. EB BASTARDS!

Me too!!! they just fakely resealed the games which are used and old~ >.< I think they better tell the customers beforehand~ kinda dishonest :evil:

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I will never give eb bussiness again! I just sent them a nasty gram. I have ordered three times from them all with free shipping. However each time they have charged it anyways. I have called each time with no avail. Some new games I have bought were opened and reshrinkwrapped. One of the games was all beat up and had finger prints on it! What up with dat? Anyways gamestop will now be my new game store. Oh yeah I sent them an email saying I was upset and they sent me a smart ass email saying that the free shipping had ended! Well no shit! Thats why I used the SAVER code! I then emailed them again. I got an even more smart assed email back! Fine if you donm't want my bussiness thats fine. EB BASTARDS![/quote]

yea, just cost them a dime to resealed the used games, and they are selling them as new to fool and screw the customers, so bad :roll:

apparently i was not the only one who got a re-wrapped wario world from the 9.99 deal
this is however the first time i got screwed but i guess i can't expect much if i paid 9.99 for a game and getting a $10 gift voucher after getting 1080 avalanche

Same thing happened to me. Just tell them that you received a preowned copy and that you want them to send you a new copy. They'll charge your credit card for the new copy, send you a prepaid mailer, and then credit you for the used copy when you send it in. And no, they don't charge shipping twice.

Or you can return in-store, as mentioned earlier.

But I don't like driving.

This doesn't work. I got a used copy of Madden a while back after ordering a NEW one, and promptly sent it back demanding that I receive a NEW item. They sent another copy - another USED copy.

Well, EB did screw me once when I ordered Sphinx. It was re-shrinkwrapped but they had put the wrong game back in the case, to my amusement, so I called up and they told me to send it back for a replacement, but the rub was the guy on the phone told me that kind of thing never happens and it's really weird that it did. Now, knowing for a fact that it's their standard business practice to sell open games as new I was a bit put off by the outright lie. I mean, there was a lawsuit and everything about it, so I filled out their customer survey, expressing my dissatisfaction at their dishonesty. Well, a few days later they emailed me back apologizing and for my trouble they sent me a 20 dollar coupon code. So I bought Ratchet and Clank 1 with it and came away quite happy, despite their boobery.

Customer support is YMMV but as someone else suggested, just call them and they'll take care of it for you. It really sucks and it shouldn't happen in the first place....but they'll get you a new one at no cost to you....

I've been screwed by EB too, all on used games, not new ones though. I bought a used game for my Saturn that wouldn't load and had to take it back and get a refund.

Another time, years ago I bought a used copy of Castlevania Symphony of the Night for my PSone. Now, I knew it was used, and it clearly said so on the box, and it had been shrink wrapped. And it was cheeeeep, like $15 when the game new was still $40. I took it home, opened it, and it had still had FOUR price stickers on the disc from previous sellers, one of them being the local video game rental store. LMAO, come on now! The disc was also a bit beat up looking, but lo and behold it still worked without a problem. Talk about video game mileage...that game disc was the equivalent of a longtime crackwhore.

[quote name='Spacepest']I've been screwed by EB too, all on used games, not new ones though. I bought a used game for my Saturn that wouldn't load and had to take it back and get a refund.

Another time, years ago I bought a used copy of Castlevania Symphony of the Night for my PSone. Now, I knew it was used, and it clearly said so on the box, and it had been shrink wrapped. And it was cheeeeep, like $15 when the game new was still $40. I took it home, opened it, and it had still had FOUR price stickers on the disc from previous sellers, one of them being the local video game rental store. LMAO, come on now! The disc was also a bit beat up looking, but lo and behold it still worked without a problem. Talk about video game mileage...that game disc was the equivalent of a longtime crackwhore.[/quote]

it is really cheap and shameful for the EB to sell used games as a new game with the fake shrink wrap~ shit, that's like they are going to cheat the customers as they want to~ they don't care what they are doing~ wrapping up anything and claim it to be new, so damn cheapy man

He said it said used on the box :)

[quote name='CarmenJubei'][quote name='Spacepest']I've been screwed by EB too, all on used games, not new ones though. I bought a used game for my Saturn that wouldn't load and had to take it back and get a refund.

Another time, years ago I bought a used copy of Castlevania Symphony of the Night for my PSone. Now, I knew it was used, and it clearly said so on the box, and it had been shrink wrapped. And it was cheeeeep, like $15 when the game new was still $40. I took it home, opened it, and it had still had FOUR price stickers on the disc from previous sellers, one of them being the local video game rental store. LMAO, come on now! The disc was also a bit beat up looking, but lo and behold it still worked without a problem. Talk about video game mileage...that game disc was the equivalent of a longtime crackwhore.[/quote]

it is really cheap and shameful for the EB to sell used games as a new game with the fake shrink wrap~ shit, that's like they are going to cheat the customers as they want to~ they don't care what they are doing~ wrapping up anything and claim it to be new, so damn cheapy man[/quote]

Mine was re-shrinkwrapped too. Which of course is ridiculous. The real kick in the groin though? I opened it up and there were no instructions inside. Just a finger-smudged disc. I really wouldn't have minded that much if it at least had the damn instructions in there.
Alas, I was forced to e-mail EB. Now I'm sending it back and they are sending me a "new" one.
I have a love-hate relationship with EB.

I got mines they may have been re-wrapped but I opened them and they all have the original stuff in them, like all of the stuff and they play just fine. no problems here, sucks for you guys, best bet to do is indiviually you all contact Better Business tell them personally what happened to you, make sure you tell them that it said new when you boguht it, and have all the receipts and all your email confirmations you got from them. If enough people do this then they would more than likely do an investigation on Ebgames, and possibly have them shutdown for a few weeks. This would suck for those who didnt get ripped off but hey thats you best bet

Eb hasn't screwed me yet. considering how much i hate those stores i go there at least once a week or two. i've only bought from Eb once for something new, I got the, it's new we just opened for security reasons crap. I went to another one and bought Terminator, on sale. While being I was half awake then realized that both the Terminator games suck on xbox, not just one. i hadn't opened it yet. i went to the store to return and the clerk was saying how crappy of a game it was. at least some store are good.

i went to CC and got Shenmue 2. didn't realize until we were leaving that the game was in ghetto/homemade/home done shrink wrap. i then learned that lots of stores that have strict software policies do that. the manual was bent a little and that was all but still.

I got a Counterstrike like that. I have not opened yet. It was $10, which is cheaper than used, so it isn ot worth the hassle of exchanging. I think that is what they count on. Apathy from people like me.

[quote name='"jshorr"']He said it said used on the box :)

:shock: I have no problem with used games as long as they are clearly marked that way, but come on...there is no reason that EB couldn't have removed all the price stickers and finger smudges from that disc. Especially when they send their used games off to warehouses to be tested, cleaned, re wrapped and shipped.

Considering how often EB will go the extra mile to make a used game look brand new and then try to resell it as much, there is no reason my used copy of SOTN couldn't have been cleaned off before it was resold. :roll:

bread's done
Back