i need a favor from a best buy employee

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaraCroftsLeftBoob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
55 (100%)
i wanyt to get my wife a digital camera for christmas and i'm looking for the best price. my wife's best friend's husband works at a best buy, but they live an hour to an hour and a half away and i don't know their phone # or email. but they'll probably come down for a visit before christmas and if it cost less with his emploeyee discount i'll ask him to buy me one and ship it to me. so if anyone who works at best buy could find out how much these cameras cost with their employee discount, i'd really appreciate it. there's two cameras because i haven't decided which one i'm going to get yet. the models are:

kodak easyshare z700
and
canon powershot a520

thanks

Just go up to any Point of sale register (like the one in the computer department with a detachable bardcode scanner) hit F4 (or whatever onscreen button says employee price-check) and when it asks for employee number, press 1 and hit enter. then enter the sku labeled on the pricetag (the barcodes don't generally work) and it'll bring up the price. Just hit escape when you're done and that'll do it.

I worked at Best Buy up until about a month ago. I checked out a bunch of cameras for a friend and found that the average savings will be around $30-50. Basically, don't bother. On most cameras, you can get them cheaper online at Amazon than at Best Buy, even with the discount.

I have a couple canons and have liked them so far. I can recommend buying from buydig.com. Myself and many friends have had great experiences buying fromt hem. Reputable dealer with good feedback online (resellerratings, bizrate, etc).

Biscuit

thanks, i got ahold of him and his price is about the same as it is online, but after tax is added it would be more.

buydig is one of the places i'm considering getting it from, $169, no tax, free shipping.
or profeel ($166), they have good ratings on reselleratings.com (9.3 or 9.5), but they only have around 130 reviews

also, i've read that alot of online camera places will call you at home to confirm your order and try to sell you extra stuff. anyone know if buydig does that. because it's for my wife and i want it to be a suprise. i don't really want her to answer the phone if they call and be like "digital camera? oh, yeah."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back