Target - Good Info To Make Target Your Primary or Backup Choice

finalforeman

CAG Veteran
This information is lifted from 360 updates but very useful.....

Target’s launch policies concerning the Xbox 360.

“Consoles are under a strict Nov. 22 street date and they mention that any failure to adhere to this will result in Target losing all future shipments.”

“The average store can expect to have between 25 and 50 consoles the first day, but it mentions elsewhere that this number can be as low as 10. This is all determined by average store volume. I checked the computer and the consoles, games and peripherals are already in the system, so if you have a generous Target employee they can check to see exactly the amount of consoles they have in when they get the shipment.”

On Nov. 22:

“Every store will print up tickets representing the number of 360’s and core systems they have in stock. They are also supposed to print a large sign informing customers that the store has sold out and keep it on hand.”

“Starting at 6:00 a.m., team members (employees) are supposed to go out and hand out tickets to people in line on a first come first serve basis. If all the tickets are not handed out on the first trip, they will go out every 15 minutes until there are no more left.”

I'll be at my local Target at about 2 or 3am. I've asked about 3 different workers and they've all given me different numbers. The first number I got was 200 (100 each). I realized this guy was bullshittin me as soon as I came here and started looking at other Target numbers. The second number I got was 25-25 (50 total). This seems the most realistic. I asked again today and I was told it would be 70-30 (100 total). So as of now, I'm just counting on them getting 50 consoles. I wish someone would give me a real answer, dammit.

since i'm the cool guy that reserved mine in 1987 i should go to my local target and heckle the nerdy video game nerds, lol, the images in my head are hilarious. Me throwing small pebbles at them and chanting Sony, Sony.....man thats funny to me, probably wont sound funny if your reading this though, but how would you heckle them?

My target wouldn't give me launch numbers, but they confirmed they would pass out tickets at 6 or 7 am tommorrow.

All the Target stores keep telling me they "don't know" how many... Anyone have any concrete info on how many systems Target actually will have?

bread's done
Back