Snk arcade machine

I'm goign to pass on this one. the game selections kinda suck(top players golf? neo turf masters owns that gamehands down)I feel like I'd be much better off building my own cabinet than buying this.

It hopefully is better quality than the Midway arcade machine "full size" that Target sells. The screen is 13" or less, the joystick is too close the the side of the cabinet so your hand doesn't have enough room and it feels cheaply made (they had it out to try at a Target I was at last week).

for $500 that thing is a piece of shit....i got my full sized, mint condition 4 slot "big red" with 4 games for $350........and i can change the games as i please, unlike this crap emulation machine.....14" screen....ahhahaha....my cabinet has a 25" arcade monitor......

[quote name='tholly']for $500 that thing is a piece of shit....i got my full sized, mint condition 4 slot "big red" with 4 games for $350........and i can change the games as i please, unlike this crap emulation machine.....14" screen....ahhahaha....my cabinet has a 25" arcade monitor......[/QUOTE]

Where did you get yours?

All CAGs Do Not Buy This.
I own four arcade cabinets
and about 20+ jamma boards
(those are the motherboards
for the games). And I paid
about $500 for all four cabinets.

It is much easier to buy it at
an auction like this one I go to
http://superauctions.com/dates.html
or at an arcade dealer online.
They hold them all over the country
and if full size cabinets are too big
you can get a cocktail or a mini
for about $500 or cheaper and be
able to switch games. They were
selling a mini neogeo at IGN live
through Super Auctions and it went
for about $250 and you can switch games.

[quote name='kirkblitz']Where did you get yours?[/QUOTE]

an arcade dealer who has since given up on the hobby (he's getting too old and it was too much work)....

i also picked up a nintendo vs. sit-down w/ vs. super mario bros. on one side and vs. golf on the other side for $125 from him...

at super auctions, i picked up a super mario bros. full size pinball machine for $685, a GoGo Juggler slot machine for $75 and an Irem Vigilante dedicated arcade cabinet for $45

at another private seller i picked up a Midway Space Invaders Deluxe for $75

at a final private seller i picked up a Bally Special Forces full size pinball machine for $400 + a trade in of a broken Bally Wizard full size electromechanical pinball machine that i got for $75

[quote name='headpiece747']All CAGs Do Not Buy This.
I own four arcade cabinets
and about 20+ jamma boards
(those are the motherboards
for the games). And I paid
about $500 for all four cabinets.

It is much easier to buy it at
an auction like this one I go to
http://superauctions.com/dates.html
or at an arcade dealer online.
They hold them all over the country
and if full size cabinets are too big
you can get a cocktail or a mini
for about $500 or cheaper and be
able to switch games. They were
selling a mini neogeo at IGN live
through Super Auctions and it went
for about $250 and you can switch games.[/QUOTE]

DUDE, STOP TYPING LIKE THAT...it freaking bugs.

I've seen 5+ other people tell you to quit doing that, would you just type normally please!

[quote name='JDMxB']DUDE, STOP TYPING LIKE THAT...it freaking bugs.

I've seen 5+ other people tell you to quit doing that, would you just type normally please![/QUOTE]

but its like a hiaku....

ah peaceful cheapness

Wow, that thing was really cool for about 2 minutes until I realized its not a real NeoGeo mvs system in there. Its crap emulation. And its not even a real arcade monitor connected thru RGB. Its a shite 14" color tv hooked to 'AV1' with cheap av cables. Blecch! This thing is hardly worth $100, let alone $500.

[quote name='JDMxB']DUDE, STOP TYPING LIKE THAT...it freaking bugs.

I've seen 5+ other people tell you to quit doing that, would you just type normally please![/QUOTE]

maybe he has really low resolution

I was kind of excited to see the full sized Midway (?) version at Target until I walked up and took a close look at it. It's made of flakeboard that's about half the thickness of a real arcade machine, the graphics on it are just cheesy, the monitor's small and I'm not sure that the joysticks would last too long. I'd only be tempted if it ever hits 75% off clearance.

yea pretty expensive for what you are getting, but really cool nonetheless. they should sell these capcom arcade cabinets I've been seeing around arcades that have a crapton of Capcom only games on there. so awesome.

bread's done
Back