what is the most difficult game you have ever played

I haven't found any game to be particularly difficult even back on the NES. I beat all the Ninja Gaidens, etc. in one sitting.

Anyways, I found Project Gotham Racing (the original) to take a long time to get all gold in kudos, arcade, quick race, and medal pursuit. Not necessarily difficult, but certainly time consuming.

Oh, yaeh my hardest game was Metroid Prime. It really wasn't that hard, but to get 100% completed and complete the hard mode took forever.

Seventh Saga for SNES...crazy rpg from Enix where you basically have to go back to towns to recover after every RANDOM battle. And there are a LOT of random battles...

[quote name='Captain Inertia']Seventh Saga for SNES...crazy rpg from Enix where you basically have to go back to towns to recover after every RANDOM battle. And there are a LOT of random battles...[/quote]

I remember that game...you summed it up quite nicely. I'd have to add that I hope that game burns in hell.

For some reason, Genma Onishima (spelling) for the Xbox was extremely difficult for me. I think it was the control scheme though...

Hmm...tough one. The two that really stick out are the Monkey Island series (hardest puzzles ever...and that's on easy mode!) and Fester's Quest on NES, with nearly unbeatable bosses.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the first one for NES, and the Transformers game for NES. It's like you have to have the ability to see into the future to beat them.

TMNT for NES wasn't bad, it was just a memorize and continue sort of game.

But, One for PS1 was asininely hard.. somewhat because of the difficulty, somewhat from the horrendous camera and somewhat from the usless control scheme. Anyways, I think I barely got past level 1 and never could finish level 2.

EDIT - Robocop for orginal GB. That game also threw me for a loop.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']TMNT for NES wasn't bad, it was just a memorize and continue sort of game.

But, One for PS1 was asininely hard.. somewhat because of the difficulty, somewhat from the horrendous camera and somewhat from the usless control scheme. Anyways, I think I barely got past level 1 and never could finish level 2.

EDIT - Robocop for orginal GB. That game also threw me for a loop.[/quote]

Did you beat TMNT without cheating?

Double Dragon 3. If I remember correctly it was Double Dragon 3 that was unbelievably hard. The enemies could move at roughly twice your speed and could tear you apart far too easily.

There is a difference between long and hard.... ok that's just gross... anyway, the toughest game I have ever played is Super Monkey Ball - not just finishing it but doing every stage on Expert and Master on one Monkey for a perfect score of 9999.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']sorry if any of my topics seem to have already been, i just became a member and don't really know that much yet of the site[/quote]
Well when there is a double topic normally Cheapy the Great locks it out man, so dont be mad when this happens. But then again if this is an original topic then you are good

Extremely difficult -- Classic: Xybots on the Atari Lynx

Very Challenging -- NextGen: F-Zero GX on the GameCube

Time Consuming -- NextGen: Burn Out 2 on the GameCube w/All Gold Medals

(All games listed above are very fun!)

Hard to say, but here's a few:

Project Gotham Racing (the first one) - Still haven't finished the game, yet I managed to get at least all silver medals in the main mode of PGR2.

F-Zero GX - Some of those challenge stages are just brutal! And the later difficulty levels for championship races are tough too.

Super Monkey Ball and SMB 2 - The first one had some really frustrating stages that had me swearing up a storm, and the second one took me and my brother to figure out. But oddly enough, I find that SMB 2 is a little easier than the first SMB (although some stages are a real bitch, like Entangled Path). Both games are still pretty tough if you're not used to games of this type.

Ikaruga - It may be short, but it took quite some time for me to reach the end of the game. Some stages is just bullet hell. And "easy" is not easy. It's harder than most other games.

4 Wheel Thunder - This was a Dreamcast game that was supposed to be a part of the "Thunder" line of games (yet it doesn't really fit in too well). This game is hard as hell to win. Not because of difficult controls, just because the AI is really tough, and you pretty much need to pick up every boost to win.

R-Type Delta - Never beat the game, even on the easiest setting. The boss on the 6th stage was WAY too difficult.

Super Mario Kart - The 150cc Cup is still pretty damn tough to this day. The 50 and 100cc cups are easier, but 150cc was a bitch.

Rally Fusion - The controls are harder than the typical rally racer, and some challenges are pretty tough.

Freekstyle - I've had the game for close to two years, and I still haven't been able to unlock the two other stunt courses and two circuit courses. This game has an incredibly hard AI, and having to race the same course three times in a row to win is ridiculous.

back to the future part 3 for genesis

there are only 4 levels...and why? because you'll never beat the first without cheating! the 2nd and 3rd level are easy after repetition, the 4th is hard again. dont believe me? try a rom, youll see as u die 100 times on the first level

Ikaruga. I don't have the brainspace to memorize where every bullet and ship will be. I can only get to the beginnign of level 3

[quote name='daphatty']Friday the 13th on the NES. My friends and I could never kill that shaq-fuer. I don't think there was a way to beat that game.[/quote]

I couldn't beat it either, but get this - there's a video out on the internet of someone beating it in 5 minutes or so.

As for me, the NES Ninja Gaidens are pretty damn hard.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']Time Consuming -- NextGen: Burn Out 2 on the GameCube w/All Gold Medals

(All games listed above are very fun!)[/quote]

Yeah i beat that on Easter a year or two ago. It litereally was pointless as nothing extra came of it?!? Normally when you beat a game 100% they have added something a little extra besides the satisfaction and I got nothing... Total waste of my time.

But yes it was fun

[quote name='King Bahamut'][quote name='daphatty']Friday the 13th on the NES. My friends and I could never kill that shaq-fuer. I don't think there was a way to beat that game.[/quote]

I couldn't beat it either, but get this - there's a video out on the internet of someone beating it in 5 minutes or so.

As for me, the NES Ninja Gaidens are pretty damn hard.[/quote]

Yeah, those goddam eagles. And the level that is dark except for when the lightning flashes.

Magician Lord on the Neo Geo.
Final boss battle is the only real difficult part. You have to fight against all previous bosses (6 in total I believe) then fight the final boss. And since this game is an arcade port, you better believe it isn't easy...you need to be almost perfect on every boss to even stand a chance against the final one. After 3 or 4 hours of attempts, I finally beat it and have sworn to never play that game again.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut'][quote name='Cornfedwb']TMNT for NES wasn't bad, it was just a memorize and continue sort of game.

EDIT - Robocop for orginal GB. That game also threw me for a loop.[/quote]

Did you beat TMNT without cheating?[/quote]

I am still stuck on the third stage. I got the rope, but my short hopping ability sucks

I've found tht time has not been friendly to me with the mega man series. I just got the collection and can't beat even the first levels while I could when I was 6 or 7. It's annoying but I'll adapt.

Transformers on NES I agree was ridiculously hard. I think it was mostly programmer's laziness though.

Another difficult game that comes to mind is Rush'N Attack. My cousin and I used to play it all the time and never get anywhere.

[quote name='guardian_owl']The one which sticks in my mind is Mars Matrix for DC[/quote]

Yeah, but much like BoF: Dragon Quarter, Capcom intentionally made this one impossible so you'd play more. The more you play, the more unlock points you get to buy ships, continues, etc.

[quote name='chickenhawk']I don't remember much from my NES and SNES days (bad memory), so I'll go with current gen. Contra: Shattered Solider, hands down.[/quote]

I think it qualifies as old school. It's oldschool at heart at least. And you are right, that game is so freaking hard. Have you seen the video of the guy who beats it perfectly? Its amazing.

any racing sims
gran tursimo (1 and 2) no others is one of the eaiset to beat but takes time.
PGR is impossible.
and any other racing sims I so hard to me for some reasons

Hardest learning curve on a game.....
Carnage Heart for PS1

Really actually quite good, this game was well thought-out and one of the largely unsung gems on the system.

You build mechs to fight wars through automated battle on other worlds, and have to program the AI for your units for the ground up. If you don't tell them that they have to look left, then right, they won't.....and won't see the missile coming from the enemy.

I'm surprised nobody has already said this, but ... Battletoads (NES). Sweet Jeebus, how I learned to hate that game.

It's funny, too. I have no problems with unforgiving (a la Super Monkey Ball), but cheap just hacks me off (*xboxninjagaiden*).

I know it may be hard to believe, but 7th Saga was my first RPG. I bought it from my video store for $5 when they were clearing out their SNES games. I also beat the game and didn't notice the difficulty. I know there was alot of leveling up and the rivals in the game were 10X stronger than your main character.

I'd say unlocking the extra stuff in Timesplitters 1 and 2. Some of the stuff could really be impossible. Also, Smuggler's Run 2, the cops are just too damn fast, they rape you and you can't lose them at all.

bread's done
Back