So who else didn't get a 360?

I didn't, I was first in line at my Walmart, but I said forget it and went home. The games, and the system just don't appeal enough to me, especially for the price. I've decided to try my hardest to wait until at least one more next-gen console comes out before I commit to anything. Hopefully, by then there will be a price drop. Until then I'm getting a new 42" HDTV for Christmas, and going on a trip to Vegas for my b-day in January. So that may keep me occupied for the next two months.

It doesn't even seem like there's that much of a positive buzz. The only thing we keep hearing is "it's the hot holiday toy," and "It's sold out everywhere." Well, just because it's the "hot holiday toy" doesn't mean it's good, and it's sold out everywhere because each store only got like 15 of the units total.

EDIT: I just realized this is in the Southwest section, I really hate the way the front page has all the boards now.

[quote name='Chris in Cali'] Well, just because it's the "hot holiday toy" doesn't mean it's good, and it's sold out everywhere because each store only got like 15 of the units total.[/QUOTE]

Exactly - I had a similar experience to you except at Best Buy - totally killed my excitement for the system watching 5 middle aged men at the front of the line talking about how thery were going to sell them on ebay for a "shitload" and then walking away with a Premium each :roll: So I'm gonna sit this one out for a while.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I didn't, I was first in line at my Walmart, but I said forget it and went home. The games, and the system just don't appeal enough to me, especially for the price. I've decided to try my hardest to wait until at least one more next-gen console comes out before I commit to anything. Hopefully, by then there will be a price drop. Until then I'm getting a new 42" HDTV for Christmas, and going on a trip to Vegas for my b-day in January. So that may keep me occupied for the next two months.

It doesn't even seem like there's that much of a positive buzz. The only thing we keep hearing is "it's the hot holiday toy," and "It's sold out everywhere." Well, just because it's the "hot holiday toy" doesn't mean it's good, and it's sold out everywhere because each store only got like 15 of the units total.

EDIT: I just realized this is in the Southwest section, I really hate the way the front page has all the boards now.[/QUOTE]
whatever, you weren't first in line. get real! let me guess, at 11:58pm you walked away from it all, never to return!

[quote name='thagoat']whatever, you weren't first in line. get real! let me guess, at 11:58pm you walked away from it all, never to return![/QUOTE]

No, I was, I got to Walmart at 9:00 A.M. I was the only person in site. I looked at the games for a little while, played the Xbox 360 demo again, and realized that it was all just boring. It's not worth my time, to sit for all those hours to spend my money on something that I don't even care all that much for to play for free for more then 10 mintues. The two games that interested me the most, THAW and Kameo just do not merit a $550 purchase right now. By waiting I know things can only get better. Possible price drops on the system, definite price drops of the games, launch defects get worked out, a chance to see the competion, saves me money in the mean time.

I remember I bought a DS at launch for $150, and like six months later it was $129.99 plus a free game or two depending where you bought it and in mulitple colors. I was super pissed at myself for going out and buying it just because it was the hot, new thing last Christmas. Not to mention I got the grainy screen that had to be later traded in for a better one. Point being, it's always wise to wait. Hard, especially when you have the extra cash to spend, but wise.

I don't know. Perfect Dark Zero and a bunch of others are getting excellent reviews. Look at the PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox launch. First two had nothing that was great. And Xbox only had Halo. A ton of 360 games are getting 9 or higher averages.
There will always be a$$h0le$ who sell on ebay. Some of them are even on this site. Me I plan on going in the morning everyonce in a while trying to get one. I loved Perfect Dark Zero. Plus I can split the costs with family in the area who love the other FPS and racing games.

Oh and I went to like 10 places at 9am this morning no luck. A couple times some one beat me. All kinds of annoyed parents were with me at some places.

You should change the title to: So who else didn't get a 360? BUT drove around like a maniac to find one..

else you will get moronic response from haters.. just look at the 2nd post

Didn't get one. I was very close to...but I got a backlog of games in the CURRENT generation to tide me over until after the holidays, when everybody will have them in stock.

I was planning on getting one but I have changed my mind. I had an order placed at Radio Shack but decided to cancel it. If I had a chance to pick it up in store yesterday it may of been different due to spontaneity. I just don't think the Xbox 360 is worth it. The graphics don't amaze me (from what I've seen), the controller is somewhat the same, there are no games that catch my eye except DOA4 and Morrowind, and I don't really like live (online gaming in general). I decided to gowith the PS3 (even though I hate Sony with a passion) and Revolution. One thing this launch did teach me is to PRE-ORDER!

[quote name='FlipSide']You should change the title to: So who else didn't get a 360? BUT drove around like a maniac to find one..

else you will get moronic response from haters.. just look at the 2nd post[/QUOTE]

[quote name='smalien1']I didn't get one because I only like good systems[/QUOTE]

ah yes smalien1 taking comedy to a new level...

I called like everywhere and went around to try to find one all morning. Coudln't find one, im sad now, I don't know how I am going to get one now.

I went to see the launch lines in my town, and even though it wasn't in the southwest, its still interesting. First meijer at midnight had 8 units for 63 people in line. Wal-mart probably had double the people in line for 10 units. Another wal-mart at 7am had 6 people but one woman took 2 core systems and a premium, and then put it all in layaway. Layaway is cool, but when you are taking three systems and not buying them right away, it kinda defeats the purpose of the casual gamers that chose to get one without a preorder. Sure on a whim i went out to get one, but whatever, i will wait for the price drop and then get one. just goes to show that i will totally have to preorder the ps3 and revolution to get them at launch.

I want one, but I decided to wait. I spent all my game funds finishing off my xbox collection, so I'd resort to having the currently most powerful game console to play Gauntlet or Joust.

Well. It taught me to do what someone at work did. Go around an hour or so after they start selling at midnight and pick one up. He got one just fine no waiting. And if you have a hd. Look at PDZ and some of those videos again. Excellent quality. Plus live should be fantasic.
Basically FPS Racing Sports. And of course Kameo the Adventure/Brawler looks good, around 7-8.5 is the range of scores for thar game. Are the genre reasons to get the system.

[quote name='j.elles']What commercials ? ? ? be more specific with your comments.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was implied that I meant the TV commercials with my comment but I guess not.

I'm talking about the "Jump In" crap they are showing on TV to advertise. Unless you know what the Xbox 360 is you don't even know what they are advertising. Plus the commercials are just stupid.

[quote name='whoknows']I thought it was implied that I meant the TV commercials with my comment but I guess not.

I'm talking about the "Jump In" crap they are showing on TV to advertise. Unless you know what the Xbox 360 is you don't even know what they are advertising. Plus the commercials are just stupid.[/QUOTE]

I thought there were neat - if they were only advertising something other than a a console targeted at males ages 13 to 34 ;)

I have one on order but I was in town today so I decided to try to get another (sell to one in my small town, sell to cag, family whatever) This is rural ND so I drive to Grand Forks on business--the main trading town and largest commercial center for a very large area (pop 45,000 plus 5000 Airforce base personel, plus 12000 college students.

Never found an xbox what I found was..

Best Buy (was slotted 40 premium and 20 core according to that release form on CAG) they got 20 premiums systems--had 3 times that waiting in line.

Target (across the parking lot) received 12 systems. They handed out tickets at 6:15, since there were 12 they were gone right away, according to clerk all morning a new line formed and they had to explain no dice.

Sears received 2 systems, sams club 0

Walmart 20.(this is skethy called customer service day before and she said they had about 20 systems and there were over 40 lined up)

Kmart--I don't know but probably 0,

FYE==o systems and 0 games,

Radio Shack nothing.

Gamestop I didn't check but last week I believe they said they had 60 or so preorders and were geting in 25 or something.

If this was the norm for other towns (and larger ones) pretty sad. At the highest about 90 systems sold in a the college town, major comercial center etc.. just sad.

edited for easier reading.

I didn't get one, but I could have gotten a core. I talked to some of the last people in line and they said if they couldn't get a premium I could have it, but I decided to just leave in hopes of the better valued premium. It was odd, everyone just left when they found out who was the last one. The BestBuy guy looked like he felt bad for everyone waiting. They called in like 3 cops before they handed out tickets so it took a long time and all the people who waited like 3 hours were pissed. Oh well, no 360 on Thanksgiving, but hopefully one by Christmas.

Me, but only because I canceled my preorder because no Elder Scrolls at launch means no system for me. I can wait for it now.

Didn't get one today. Went to a couple of places and no dice. Was on the fence if I really wanted one or not, guess the "shortage craze" caught up to me and decided that I needed one. Oh well, I guess it was not meant to be. I can play my current titles and wait. Just hope I don't get screwed not getting a premium bundle now.

I think it's a "neat" system, but, I just haven't seen anything to get so excited about. I mean, if "GAMEPLAY" is the reason we play games, then take a look at the launch line up. Out of the 18 games, 12 are available on other platforms (XBOX, PS2, GC, PC). Of the remaining 6 titles, only 3 are not direct sequals to games available on other platforms. Of those 3, Kameo was in development for the CG and XBOX, and just now is coming out. So, it's "basically" a port too. Condemmed? Oh, you mean the dark as DooM 3 game with CSI elements (and short gameplay from what I've read?). No thanks. I mean, come on, a console should have at least ONE big title that NOONE else has (or has had something similar enough to) that makes it stand out.

Other than Gears of War, I have yet to see ANY of the launch titles that interest me enough to pony up the $400+ it takes to play them. As much as I was rooting for the 360 to have a decent showing (even thou I was not planning on buying one at launch), if Sony can do what it says and hit the $300 to $400 mark with the PS3, M$ is gonna be in 2nd place (possibly 3rd) yet again. Sony WILL take a hit on the PS3 if it means getting Blu-Ray accepted. It's the old Gillette method...give away the razors, sell the razor blades.

And, Sony has a proven record for being able to get people (at least the Japanese) to adopt their platform as something other than a game system. Many Japanese people picked up a PS2 as a DVD player (since it was the cheapest on the market), and VCDs were the format of choice before that. Sony knows owning the platform (Blu-Ray) is where the long term real money is made. If you don't think Sony will do EVERYTHING it can to get people to adopt it's hardware to support their Blu-Ray platform, then you've got another thing coming.

Anywho, back to the 360. I'm still in a "wait and see" mode as to when a game will come out that EVERYONE will say, "now THAT'S a next generation title." I know plenty of fanboys lined up to get one. But, when you consider that whole 2/3 of the launch titles being available elsewhere bit, it seems kinda silly to jump in at this point...and at such a higher price, a 33% increase over the XBOX launch price (functionality vs functionality, i.e. a console w/hard drive).

me spent 8 hours online in the cold rain , never again will I do that not worth it . PS3 I will pre-order as soon as they are taking them lol.

The first people in line at my Wal-Mart got there at 3:30 PM because the local LAN place needed 20 360's since their distributor cut them off. The asshole manager of the lan place (nice guy overall, he waited in line there too) had people stationed at Wal-marts all over the county. He paid his employees $100 a piece to get him 360's and he ended up getting 8 from the store I waited at (which only got 14). The store got 4 Premium bundles and I was 5th in line behind the 4 guys from the LAN place. Sure enough, I got fucked out of a Premium bundle because of him. Now I have to shell out $99 for a hard drive and more for the accesories which I won't be able to get for a while because he got all those too. I know, I shouldn't be too upset since some people didn't get anything but damnit, when I start camping out at 5 PM (for a 7 AM store opening) I think I deserve it more than people who casually go at 6:59.

I got mine at CC this morning after standing in the cold and rain for 8 hours. CC only did bundles. I was 16th in line and they only had 11 premiums and 8 cores. By the time they got to me with the vouchers, there was only 1 core and 2 premiums left. The premium bundles that were left were $646.99! I bought it regardless. And so did the guy behind me. The bundle consisted of the premium system, 2 games, an extra wireless controller, a memory card, and a 3 month xbox live gold subscription. I picked up Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition, King Kong, Quake 4, and Kameo. I've been playing it pretty much all day and I have to say I am very pleased so far.

I didnt get one, if I didnt sepnd money on PS2 games then I wouldve gotten one just to sell on ebay for double the price or more and then buy 2 more to sell on ebay then by myself one.

Hawaii never runs outta launch consoles. Didnt run outta PS2s, DS', PSP', and whatever else they had a shortage of crap. Damn damn damn damn damn, I want one to sell!!!

[quote name='gdw3877']I got mine at CC this morning after standing in the cold and rain for 8 hours. CC only did bundles. I was 16th in line and they only had 11 premiums and 8 cores. By the time they got to me with the vouchers, there was only 1 core and 2 premiums left. The premium bundles that were left were $646.99! I bought it regardless. And so did the guy behind me. The bundle consisted of the premium system, 2 games, an extra wireless controller, a memory card, and a 3 month xbox live gold subscription. I picked up Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition, King Kong, Quake 4, and Kameo. I've been playing it pretty much all day and I have to say I am very pleased so far.[/QUOTE]

So you have a hard drive and a memory card? Bundle wasn't too bad aside from that (since you were getting many games anyway)

Honestly, I have soooo many games to play from this gen that blowing big bucks on a sys (and high-priced games) dosen't appeal to me. I just got used Jade Empire LE for $11 and Shadow of Colossus for $25 . . . I want to get to RE4 and God of War. I'd like to play through Ninja Gaiden Black . . .

For me, why get a 360?

[quote name='Mr.Answer']So you have a hard drive and a memory card? Bundle wasn't too bad aside from that (since you were getting many games anyway)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the only thing I'm gonna complain about is the 36 degrees and rain for 8 hours. It's just a little more than I planned to spend, hell, It was a little more than all the people ahead of me planned to spend, so it actually worked in my favor. I would have passed on the core bundles.

you know I realy hope none of you shell out a thousand for one of these on ebay.

Microsoft should have been able to fill the demand a lil better than this the problem isnt that they sold out like this..thats normal the problem is there gonna make people wait a long time till you can get one again.

The pre maturly pushed out the 360 to cash in on holliday shoping now there gonna shell out games to sell for christmas while they relax and slowly start to make 360s to release long from now.

After you were all promised wireless controllers with every system and lied to id say microsoft has become pretty shady.

My frient got up at 4:45 to get an XBox 360 this morning and waited in line for 2 hours just to find out that he was 21st in line - and they were only giving out 20 systems.

yea, my friend won one off every10minutes, played it, not conviced, pd0 is good, but the graphics still are going to be surpassed by the ps3 a possibly the revolution, madden doesnt have the challenge option and kameo's controls in my opinion stink! That just leaves me with this, Im glad I decided not to get one, its just not appealing to me like it is to other people. If banjo kazooie 3 and killer instinct 3 come out and are superb, then I might change my mind. If they dont, then xb360 at the moment is way too overrated. Besides, my friend said that some rpg in design for the 360 is already 3 dvds in length, so whooooo, that might stink for some people. I also heard that if microsoft will have hddvd support w/ the 360, theyll probably have to release a new console, which for many would be very irritating. Also, I saw skipping in the pd0 cutscenes which happens when I play games on my pc thats 3 1/2 years old(the laptop I have plays games fine). My friend told me that most of the games were rushed and I agreed, perfect dark is good for multiplayer but for most people not a system seller. I just though that rare was going to do a superb job with the two launch games, but instead, pd0 came out to be great and kameo, mediocre. In kameo, I ended up morphing so many times instead of attacking cause Im used to attacking w/ abxy instead of the shoulder buttons. Heres my true opinion on getting one:
WAIT!!!!!

I waited 6 hours in the pouring rain and wind just to get a core system and then treked all across the city to find a hard drive and wireless controller, plus games. Was it worth it? O yeah it was. In fact I havnt slept in over 32 hours and this is one of the few breaks away from the system that I have taken.

[quote name='Chris in Cali'] Until then I'm getting a new 42" HDTV for Christmas, and [highlight]going on a trip to Vegas[/highlight] for my b-day in January. So that may keep me occupied for the next two months.[/QUOTE]

I didnt buy one simply because i dont want one as well. I think its a pretty lack luster system at a huge price because of its hard drive. And when it comes down to it, HD Capacity isnt that new of a thing seeing as how you can put any size HD in both Xbox and PS2.

I bolded that one part of chris' quote to tell him this: You'll only be happy while your there, then when you get home you'll be pissed your not there for the last 2 months. lol

well i got one, and i don't wanna hear any bitchin if you walked in the walmart door ten till midnight last night when ya knew damn well that everybody and there mom wanted one. of course you're gonna miss out. i know some people dont have the time to camp, but the online option was a strong choice. all major retailers sold them online yesterday, and some small chains had em as well. ya knew the storm was coming.

[quote name='FlipSide']You should change the title to: So who else didn't get a 360? BUT drove around like a maniac to find one..[/QUOTE]
That'd be me:cry: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i didn't bother to get one. I'll just wait for a nice price drop or something or i randomly get one from a friend like how i got my Xbox lol. I'm looking forward to the PS3 anyways. The only game that even MAKES me want to get a 360 is Condemned that looks EXTREMLY awesome

I do enjoy these comments from everyone who did not get an xbox 360. "Oh, its not worth it, oh I will wait for a price drop of 20 bucks before I get it." Get a life. Are you kidding me with 20 bucks or even 50? Is it worth waiting 6 months to save 50 bucks? You get to play is for 6 months longer! Its totally worth it, and Perfect Dark Zero is the shizzzz. I also picked up Condemned. What a freakin scary game. To all the haters out there, sorry 360 is where its at.

bread's done
Back