What is the greatest video game deal you have gotten from CAG

The BB $5 games were pretty freakin' sweet. Especially since I was able to exchange two of them for $20 towards Tales of Symphonia.

dam thats a hard one for me...im sure they will come to mind...but of the top of my head:

hitman 2 xbox -$5 new
star wars rogue leader 3- $15 (new with pre order disc)
doa 3-$10 (new)

not to mention many 9.99 eb games like wario,megaman,and counterstrike

I'm thinkin when I price matched Nightfire at CC and got it for $2.50. If only EB had Rygar in stock that day, I couldv'e got them for 50 cents a pop after the price match.

There was the free after rebate Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds.

$10 Wario World and MegaMan Network Transmission.

All I can think of at the moment that might qualify.

I'll throw in that my $10 Onimusha 3 shirt, while not a game, is still pretty nice.

Absolutely no doubt about it. The insane deals that Gamrush currently have going on over at Blockbuster video. I just picked up PSI OPS and MK Deadly Alliance over there for 29.99 after 1 PS1 sports game trade. INSANE. Today, I traded in Mafia and got $18 in trade and they sold me Shadow Ops: Red Mercury new for 29.99 - the $18 trade value. Thats $11 for Shadow Ops. Killer. Not to mention the "trade any 2 used games (PS1, GC, XB, or PS2) and get ANY USED GAME for $9.99.

Awesome, just awesome.

Xphyle

thanks to this site ive also been able to take advantage of some non gaming deals like the :

40% off eastbay today --got two new pairs of shoes
20% deepdiscountdvd-- got to preorder star wars and other dvd's

would have to be 1080 avalanche and wario world for 10 a piece WITH a 10 dollar mail in rebate. thats two brand new decent games that retail for 50 and 30 a piece for 10 dollars. w00t!

[quote name='guyver2077']dam thats a hard one for me...im sure they will come to mind...but of the top of my head:

hitman 2 xbox -$5 new
star wars rogue leader 3- $15 (new with pre order disc)
doa 3-$10 (new)

not to mention many 9.99 eb games like wario,megaman,and counterstrike[/quote]

Where did u get star wars from???

[quote name='Dok Diamond']guyver how did u get 20% off the star wras triology, it said the coupon cant be used on preorders?[/quote]

the thing was that the coupon was leaked out early last week and it allowed you to use it on anything. now it wont let you

69.99 GC raincheck is the best one from the site, $10 each for PoP, FFX-2, Champions of Norrath, and True Crime was my best deal ever (mmm going out of business sale)

For me it was taking advantage of CC's prices this post-holiday season. I got 8 or 9 games for around $80 total. I was able to get Wario World recently for $10 from EB, but I've got a lot more quality gaming time out of the games I got from CC that I have to say that was my best gaming deal.

Wario World and 1080 for $10 each, plus $10 gift voucher. The $5 BB games. Shenmue II for $5. That's all I can remember right now.

Even with the recent BestBuy deals, and the 1080/Megaman/Wario/Cs fun at EB, there is still something in my mind that tops it.

When I got Robotech:Battlecry for 4.99 and Primal 7.99 shipped free.

Primal was less than a year old, and I'd really wanted to play it. Robotech, well 5 bucks for a package that originally cost 70-80 is a damned good deal, especially for fans of the show/macross.

For me the best deal thus was EA coupons last year. I ordered a ton of games I likely wouldn't have gotten for a while - Madden, Need for Speed Underground, Sims Bustin Out, Freedom Fighters, and Return of the King. They were all dirt cheap too.

$5 DOA 3 (w/coupon) and Medal of Honor Frontline (on-line glitch) were good deals at Bestbuy.

My $1.79 copy of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles at Gamerush with trade-in was a great deal as well.

This site has saved me a ton of money over the past year or so.

Buffy: Chaos Bleeds XBOX for free after rebate. Trading four crappy sports games for a free Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles at EB Games. I actually pricematched a couple of the BB $4.99 games at CC to get them for $3.49. Can't complain!

I was lucky enough to get in on the Star Wars: Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds for 1 cent deal, the Hulk for free, and Nascar Thunder 2003 for the GC for $3. Oh and of course the Best Buy $5 games that I learn of from here. Gotta love this site.

I have gotten so many good deals on this site but these stand out the most~

-the $5 Best Buy games.
-the .01 psx games at FYE
-$5 Circuit City games
-Thief for $20
-Morrowind (PC) for $5 (just a shame my PC can't run it properly and I can't properly configure my ps2 pad for the game)
-Target Rainchecks

[quote name='CheapyD']For those who got in on it, I think the $0.01 Clone Wars/Tetris World combo shipped free from CC has to be up there...
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/archives/000739.php[/quote]

thats the best deal I got so far :)

I dont even think they charged me because it didn't come with a bill and I didn't see anything on the statement I got from the bank.

where do I start. First i'll list the best ones I got and then I'll list the ones I missed the most. Ackk. Some were CAG deals and some were from the mentality I got from all the deals from this site.

Well first I have never paid full price for any of the 3 current generation systems.

PS2 I reserved a Ps2 like the day before it came out and went into EB Games 6 am the next morning and they actually let me have it even with many pre orders before me. Then later that same day I went to best Buy got in line for a Ps2 and I was number 162 of 161 systems. The gentleman said he would hold one for me from the next shipment and he did. On top of that Best Buy had a deal going at the time where you get a free DVD with and Toshiba DVD player purcahase. I said since DVD holds the patent toe the DVD format doesn't that make every DVD player as Toshiba DVD player in a way and he said sure. So I got Braveheart. Then I went to a local Car dealership that was giving PS2's away with any car purcahse and sold it to them for 500. 300+300=600 - 500 = 100 forgiving tax thats 100 for a PS2.

Gamecube I purchased the Mario Sunshine package when it droped to 159.99 and it was also the same time they were offering a free game with any gamecube purchase. They decided to let me have Mario Party 4 with it as well. so technically i paid full price at the time but with a free game that I might not have normall gotten i tend to look at it as not full price.

XBOX I got sears to match the 99.88 price that Meijers had at it's grand opening 200 miles away.

Gameboy SP Traded Fatal Frame II that I priced matched at Walmart with the 9.99 clearance at Best Buy and got 26 dollars at FYE. Also traded Escoflone DVD set I got from a garage sale for 8 dollars, for 22 dollars credit and some XBOX game I got from the Best buy 5 dollar sale and got at least dbl what I paid for them and on top of that I got a 30 dollar mail in rebate on the SP.

As far as game deals I managed to get 11 games from the $5.00 best buy sale. with GGC's and reward zone bounuses they ended up being about 3.25 each.

AFF25 on countless games.

NBA Jam 2004 for 4.28 shipping only from Toys R Us otherwise free

La Pucelle Tactics for 50 cents due to 50, 1 cent guides of enter the matrix that EB Games was taking out to their trash. I took then and got 50 dollars credit. can't beat that.

umm plenty more I am sure. Most have come and since gone but those are definately some CAG deals.

Biggest miss would have eitehr been the Circuit City 5 dollar games. I was in the store. Heck I even printed out the list on there computers but I was busy trying to get some GBA games that they were mostly out of and trying to get zelda four swords. I didn't even notice the pile of copies of Wave race for 5 dollars that trade for at least 10 dollars most places. ackkk. Or the FYE free deal. I went in and the cheapest games were 6.99 at my local store. Musta been a YMMV kinda deal. Dang.

Best find ever = Suikoden II 9.99 .... yesterday ...

Hmmm I've only been here a little while, but so far the best deals have probably been the 5$ best buy games (I managed to get FF Origins), The 69$ gamecube I got for my friend, the 19$ pre-order of the new Lord of the Rings RTS games, or the Circuit City sale last week, I grabbed a bunch of stuff from that.

I just got mine, it has to be the 4.99 dollar clearance sale at best Buy, which although i did not get the ones that i wanted or as many it still was a great deal.

Either getting SSX 3 for $3.19 plus shipping from that EA Store glitch (that was the deal I joined the site for) or finding out about the Star Wars/Tetris Xbox disc for 1 cent at Circuit City.

[quote name='CheapyD']For those who got in on it, I think the $0.01 Clone Wars/Tetris World combo shipped free from CC has to be up there...
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/archives/000739.php[/quote]

That was definitly the best deal I ever had and I dont even own XBOX, those became gifts too my friend.

Also the deals to get hulk and nba jam for free were great also, only had too pay like 5 bucks shipping for each.

KB sale of December. I got:
Otogi, Amplitude, Dark Cloud 2, Arc the Lad: ToS, Xenosaga, and Boktai for a grand total of $75

Right there with you. FAR Chaos Bleeds and $10 wario world (actually got in on it a few months ago when it was $10 also.)

[quote name='PsyClerk']There was the free after rebate Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds.

$10 Wario World and MegaMan Network Transmission.

All I can think of at the moment that might qualify.

I'll throw in that my $10 Onimusha 3 shirt, while not a game, is still pretty nice.[/quote]

The deal that I will always remember is Breath of Fire for GBA at $15 from a local EB. It was a game I was looking for, for quite some time. Thanks again Waxhead!

bread's done
Back