[Winners announced!] Be a CAG Guitar Hero Contest!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Winners!
The People's Choice: Milkyman
Cheapy's Choice: isaac

Both will be CAG Guitar Heroes...enjoy the game, guys!
Congratulations to all the finalists and props to the CAG community for a great contest.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finalists! Place your votes!
Right click and select "save as" for the videos

isaac: watch the video entry (Darth Vader video - 39MB) - mirror

lebowsky: watch the video entry (Baby video)
Thumbnail unavailable...its a quick load though!

Milkyman: entry (big air animated gif)
milkyman.gif

Mr Peanut: entry (one man band photo)

NESPrather:entry (CAG tatoo animated gif)
nesprather.gif

The_Continental: watch the video entry (Guitar Hero Video - 113MB)

In the unlikely event of suspected ballot fraud, I retain the right to chose the winner.
Polls close December 14th: 11:59PM EST

-----------

By now you've heard about the critically acclaimed music game for the PS2, Guitar Hero. Because the game comes with a rad guitar controller, it may be considered a bit pricey for some CAGs, but RedOctane and Cheap Ass Gamer are giving the CAG community a chance to score one for free!

To enter, post in this thread, either a picture or video of yourself showing us your best Guitar Hero/rockstar impression. I will choose 5 or so finalists and the winner will be voted on by the CAG community. Only entries with a picture or video will be eligible. You may post a drawing (of your own creation) instead of a photograph or video. Feel free to post now and edit your post later to link to your picture/video.

One entry per person!

If you need a place to host your picture or video, check out http://www.imageshack.us/ and/or http://www.putfile.com/

Contest ends 12/9/05. One entry per person. Rules subject to change.

Thanks, RedOctane!

"Can't Forget This" Post

EDIT: MY digital camera will make a 1 minute video a high quality 20-30 MB file. Is there any way to shrink these down or lower the quality?

I would have never thought to do something like this...But I guess my guitar at home could use a little publicity. =D

[quote name='Farny']"Can't Forget This" Post

EDIT: MY digital camera will make a 1 minute video a high quality 20-30 MB file. Is there any way to shrink these down or lower the quality?[/QUOTE]

xvid and virtual dub. Check http://www.videohelp.com/ for faqs, tutorials, links, and the like.

and more movies and pictures where this came from - Continental rocking out!

Movie 1 - http://www.metal-geek.com/clips/guitarhero1.MOV 50 megs (Right-click...save link as...)
Fun vid - not a contest entry

Movie 2 - http://www.metal-geek.com/clips/guitarhero2.MOV 10 megs (Right-click...save link as...)
Fun vid - not a contest entry

Movie 3 - http://www.metal-geek.com/clips/valentineburns.MOV 110 megs (Right-click...save link as...)
Movie 3 is my official contest entry, but a long download - judges, please view it.

contyrock.jpg

Fun pic - not a contest entry

Pic of me singing "Kiss" (Prince version) at my wedding. Obviously not a guitar hero impression, but definitely a rockstar impression.

Not the greatest quality...scanned it from our wedding book.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Pic of me singing "Kiss" (Prince version) at my wedding. Obviously not a guitar hero impression, but definitely a rockstar impression.

Not the greatest quality...scanned it from our wedding book.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: It takes a rela man to sing prince!

Credits:
Authentic New Orleans skyline - OTM
Artistic Portrayal of my house - Chickenhawk
Leet Design Skill Training - whoknows

[quote name='chickenhawk']Pic of me singing "Kiss" (Prince version) at my wedding. Obviously not a guitar hero impression, but definitely a rockstar impression.

Not the greatest quality...scanned it from our wedding book.[/QUOTE]
Look out CheapyD, there's another bald man on CAG. :lol:

HAHAHA Fun contest!

My drunk girlfriend at a karoake contest gone wrong LOL

Me rockin out in class, looks like this was taken just before the seizures kicked in. ;)

[quote name='The_Continental']and more movies and vids where this came from - Continental rocking out! [/QUOTE]
I could never understand why people who have a game already (so it appears since you and your friend are using the gibson controllers from the game) would enter a contest unless you wanted a second copy to ebay? :whistle2:k Eh well, will try to post pic later.

or maybe they just want to post pictures of themselves online and this would make a good excuse to do so. either way. funny thread so far.

Great thread and contest...but I am worried to actually see what some of you well-respected CAGers look like. I guess some stereotypes are more than true.

[quote name='joevan']

Credits:
Authentic New Orleans skyline - OTM
Artistic Portrayal of my house - Chickenhawk
Leet Design Skill Training - whoknows[/QUOTE]

Complete with the pink car!!

[quote name='lurknomore']Great thread and contest...but I am worried to actually see what some of you well-respected CAGers look like. I guess some stereotypes are more than true.[/QUOTE]

LOL i'm sure alot of regulars will avoid this post all together as far as posting a pic goes. :lol:

[quote name='$hady']LOL i'm sure alot of regulars will avoid this post all together as far as posting a pic goes. :lol:[/QUOTE]

i hope i'm not considered a regular...

:rofl::lol: My vote goes to dingleberry hands down. Hahaha, you gotta want it that badly to not be afraid to post that pic.

[quote name='Dingleberry']Here's my attempt at being a guitar hero...

[/QUOTE]

Nice Periodic table tattoo.

[quote name='The_Continental']or how about ...
(that's Continental on the right...)
[/QUOTE]

Oh no! You don't look like Christopher Walken at all :whistle2:( Another image ruined...

Been wanting this game so much, but I can't afford it right now. I think it should be fairer if the prize went to someone who actually didn't have Guitar Hero - ME! :lol:

My pics are boring compared to the rest of you. But I don't have my guitar with me and these two are the only pics I have with me playing it.

img_1446_std.jpg

valentines.jpg

I'm the one wearing the cap.

Yeah - sorry about that. Always a bummer to attach a face to the avatar, eh?

[quote name='Backlash']Oh no! You don't look like Christopher Walken at all :whistle2:( Another image ruined...[/QUOTE]

Just a little tip, guys, if you take a picture of you actually playing a Guitar Hero controller, for a contest that's essentially for people begging to get their hands on one, you're probably NOT going to win.

bread's done
Back