is Magna Carta gonna be rare?

Lately it seems Atlus has had somewhat bigger production runs (just IMO, I have no real proof). They have also re-printed Cubivore, Persona 2, and Rhapsody recently so it is hard to say.

A factory sealed copy might be hard to find if they dont reprint, but proably not a used copy. Dual Hearts has the lowest print of any Atlus RPG, but it has the lowest value.

The first day we got this game at my GS we got only enough to fill reserve. Then we get four more. Then another bunch. Now we have to put it in the back, not really because of the amount but the size (in a box like DQ8). Anyway we got a lot more than expected so I doubt it is going to be rare at all.

Oh and I also heard the game isn't really that good ethier. So that will have a factor on it as well.

I'd say wait about six months then ask. If stock is very low at B&M stores, I'd venture to good ol' eBay to see what it's ticking at. The only reason I could see it becoming rare is if everything that was printed was already shipped out everywhere, if it isn't reprinted, and if people can't seem to keep the Art Book/Mini-Strat, Poster, and Box in one piece.

[quote name='62t']A factory sealed copy might be hard to find if they dont reprint, but proably not a used copy. Dual Hearts has the lowest print of any Atlus RPG, but it has the lowest value.[/QUOTE]

Hard Hitter Tennis is got to be the lowest of the lowest by Atlus.

There's been somewhat of a surge of interest in the Atlus titles lately (witness the reprint of Disgaea) so although it's impossible to say for sure, I wouldn't worry too much. Generally game prices shoot up in increments so you'll have plenty of time before they reach $150.

has this game been selling well? just curious because it doesn't seem like it's getting the attention of games like Disgaea, and the DDS series.

Has anybody been able to find this at a Best Buy? There is not one in any stores near me, and the website still shows a backorder for it.

Ive read that this game has some of the worst, most annoying voice over heard in years, and you cant turn it off!

If thats the case I can see alot of copies being returned and entering into the used market. Im hoping to pick this up one day, but for for what its going for now.

Lottsa mixed reviews, but I'd still like to play it sometime. If it doesn't really price drop, ah well, I'll deal with it, not going to kill me.

[quote name='Puffa469']Ive read that this game has some of the worst, most annoying voice over heard in years, and you cant turn it off!

If thats the case I can see alot of copies being returned and entering into the used market. Im hoping to pick this up one day, but for for what its going for now. [/QUOTE]
if you get a used copy there is a very good chance you wont get the art book and delux box

[quote name='62t']if you get a used copy there is a very good chance you wont get the art book and delux box[/QUOTE]

Ya know, I love Atlus... but at the same time I HATE them! lol

I'll either pick it up new for cheap, or if it never gets there I'll try to get it used at a B&M and not online, so I can know if Im getting those extra goodies or not.

I was checking some of the RPG's I haven't yet bought, and the 3 closest Gamestop's are OOS on this, the other 6 are 1-3, it's sold out online, and EB dosen't even list it on their site.

Has this suddenly gone rare?

[quote name='Dkellar']Has anybody been able to find this at a Best Buy? There is not one in any stores near me, and the website still shows a backorder for it.[/QUOTE]

no luck here (finding it at best buy so I can use the $10 coupon).

however, both my ebgames near me have it. but at retail price $55.

Geez, IGN really trashed this game, saying it was more work then fun with the battle system, and the horrible voice acting.

Rare or not, I may just have to skip it.

I'm playing it right now and enjoying it. The battle system takes work to be successful and though the battles are slow at first, it's mainly because you'll spend time w/ one character trying to master their styles, after that each battle can be finished in about a minute (and there aren't that many per area). Also, the VA isn't horrible, the main characters are fine, the only one that's kind of grating is Haren with his bad tough guy voice, the site has samples if you want...

http://www.atlus.com/magna_carta/

[quote name='alonzomourning23']if it is atlus will reprint it[/QUOTE]

if it is atlus and people buy it you mean. I don't think they bothered to reprint Stella Deus.:lol:

I tried playing this game last week,

prolly didnt even play it for a whole hour when I deduced,

this has got to be the worst game ever.

best thing tho, I bought it at Frys for like $38,

it sells used on ebay for $65-$70!!!

It seems most Ebay is in the retail range, with the occasionally fluke pushing it up for some bizarre reason.

You cant count on Atlus being rare anymore. Seriously. The moment it looks like its gonna be rare, Atlus will reprint it.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']You cant count on Atlus being rare anymore. Seriously. The moment it looks like its gonna be rare, Atlus will reprint it.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad about that. I'd rather more people have a chance to play the game.

Mediocre game. Not worth picking up in my opinion unless you are a die hard fan of Atlus or the genre. The rarity does nothing for its fun factor.

[quote name='b3b0p']Mediocre game. Not worth picking up in my opinion unless you are a die hard fan of Atlus or the genre. The rarity does nothing for its fun factor.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely not an entry-level RPG, thats for sure.

[quote name='Daywalker']Doubt it'll be rare, I mean look at La Pucella Tactics and Phantom Brave, both are now 20 bucks.[/QUOTE]
Atlus didnt publish those games.

I don't think any games for the PS2 are PS1 for that matter will be rare for long - considering the recent string of game reprints for highly saught after games.

[quote name='62t']only if the reprint comes with the same bonus stuff.[/QUOTE]

Didn't the SMT and DDS reprints lack the extras of the original run (soundtrack CD and deluxe version, respectively).

As for Magna Carta being rare, I agree with everyone who says no. It might go up in price for a bit but Atlus will probably reprint it. Since almost all of their games get a small print run, they can probably make a bit of profit from reprints.

EDIT* A sealed copy is going for $80+ at the moment... so a reprint probably isn't more than a few months off. SMT and DDS both had the same thing happen to them before Atlus reprinted those games.

[quote name='Starky27']I'm playing it right now and enjoying it. The battle system takes work to be successful and though the battles are slow at first, it's mainly because you'll spend time w/ one character trying to master their styles, after that each battle can be finished in about a minute (and there aren't that many per area). Also, the VA isn't horrible, the main characters are fine, the only one that's kind of grating is Haren with his bad tough guy voice, the site has samples if you want...

http://www.atlus.com/magna_carta/[/QUOTE]
I second that notion. Some people pick up an RPG and expect it to play like a Final Fantasy but if it does not so they claim "it's the worst game ever, blah blah blah." Seriously, there are plenty of mediocre games out there and Magna Carta won't even come close. The gameplay mechanics are complex, so it definitely is not suitable for someone who doesn't want to spend time learning its mechanics. Btw, since when IGN reviews worth any cent nowadays? Ex: especially their review of Shadow Hearts really made me bust out laughing years ago. Pro gamers my ass!!! Anyway, I'm having a blast through Magna Carta.

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']I second that notion. Some people pick up an RPG and expect it to play like a Final Fantasy but if it does not so they claim "it's the worst game ever, blah blah blah." Seriously, there are plenty of mediocre games out there and Magna Carta won't even come close. The gameplay mechanics are complex, so it definitely is not suitable for someone who doesn't want to spend time learning its mechanics. Btw, since when IGN reviews worth any cent nowadays? Ex: especially their review of Shadow Hearts really made me bust out laughing years ago. Pro gamers my ass!!! Anyway, I'm having a blast through Magna Carta.[/QUOTE]

agreed, I bought this the day it came out and have enjoyed every second of playtime so far. I personally enjoy the battle system quite a bit. I got dragon quest VIII at the same time and haven't played it once, magna carta and xbox 360 have consumed all my time. I never listen to video game reviews unless a game continually gets 5's and lower from a bunch of different websites.

The game saw a minor reprint / reshipment to Gamestop recently I believe... GS now has it brand new on their website, and local stores around me have restocked - some of the ones that haven't show a yes on "More on the way?" column.

Reprint still comes with the bonus stuff I assume, since GS is still the deluxe box set on the website.

bread's done
Back