Custom Soundtracks?

-Never4ever-

CAGiversary!
Feedback
107 (100%)
For those who have their shinies premiums, how's the CS? How does it work - does it just play the music over the "main" bgm or does it actually swap out the BGM? Is it really for all 360 games? Can you have CS for Xbox games that didn't support it *COUGH*HALO*COUGH*?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

[quote name='-Never4ever-'] Can you have CS for Xbox games that didn't support it *COUGH*HALO*COUGH*? .[/QUOTE]
You can't even use custom soundtracks for Xbox games that did support it.

[quote name='zewone']You can't even use custom soundtracks for Xbox games that did support it.[/QUOTE]So you can't have a custom soundtrack for PGR2, even if you have a hard drive? that sucks

[quote name='Skycaptain99']So you can't have a custom soundtrack for PGR2, even if you have a hard drive? that sucks[/QUOTE]
Right, but you can on PGR3! :D

[quote name='JimmieMac']no, you could have custom Soundtracks for PGR2[/QUOTE]

not if you're playing it on the 360. No BC games support custom soundtracks.

Regarding the OP's question, yes, it completely replaces the music in the game. I was fragging people in Perfect Dark to the tunes of Goldeneye 64 earlier.

[quote name='souNReAL']all the more reason to keep the original big black box a little while longer, hmmmmmmm....[/QUOTE]

what the hell? if it bothers you that much, turn the in-game music down, the sound effects up, and put on a CD. There you go, custom soundtrack.

[quote name='doubledown']How to you use Custom Soundtracks on the 360? I thought ALL games used them....I looked on Tiger Woods, and no luck.[/QUOTE]

Use the Xbox Media button to turn the custom soundtracks on. There isnt actually an option in the game.

Yeah. Hit the X logo, scroll down to the music controls, and underneath that it'll say "Track 1" or something, click that, then choose the source and the music.. to get it to go back, do the same thing, and when you go to choose the source of the music, hit X and it'll return the music to the game.. at the bottom, it even says "Return control to the game".. it's awesome

[quote name='doubledown']Can you use CUSTOM soundtracks when you STREAM them from your PC or do they have to be loaded on your HD?[/QUOTE]

Yep, it works if you're streaming them :cool:

[quote name='doubledown']Can you use CUSTOM soundtracks when you STREAM them from your PC or do they have to be loaded on your HD?[/QUOTE]
I'm not understanding that at all...are you saying that my PC will wirelessly connect to my PC, and I can play my media files through the 360. I have a wirelessly router, and a gaming adapter, but I don't see how that could work

Just got mine hooked up. Awesome. I like streaming from my HD for CS better than using in game, especially for PGR3. With CS, the music coninues between reaces, during loads, etc, without interfering with the in game sound. And the in game graphical displays that state artist, song, etc, still work with CS also. Very cool. Not a feature I was expecting to be able to use, since I don't have a media center pc, but it works with any pc that has XP.

[quote name='Skycaptain99']I'm not understanding that at all...are you saying that my PC will wirelessly connect to my PC, and I can play my media files through the 360. I have a wirelessly router, and a gaming adapter, but I don't see how that could work[/QUOTE]

For wireless connectivity, you need the 360 wireless adapter. I have my pc and 360 on the same router. If that's the case, just go to www.xbox.com/pcsetup and dl the software and you're golden.

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah. Hit the X logo, scroll down to the music controls, and underneath that it'll say "Track 1" or something, click that, then choose the source and the music.. to get it to go back, do the same thing, and when you go to choose the source of the music, hit X and it'll return the music to the game.. at the bottom, it even says "Return control to the game".. it's awesome[/QUOTE]

I'm having trouble getting my custom soundtracks to work on PGR 3. I just don't know how to do it. Do I hit the "X" in the middle of a game, or can I do what you spoke of without having the game in? also do I have to put all my music in 1 playlist?

[quote name='asianxcore']I'm having trouble getting my custom soundtracks to work on PGR 3. I just don't know how to do it. Do I hit the "X" in the middle of a game, or can I do what you spoke of without having the game in? also do I have to put all my music in 1 playlist?[/QUOTE]

Hit the "x" whenever the hell you want to. And yes, you don't need a game in to listen to CS.. though I don't know if it stays on or resets when you put a game in. Just hit the big "X" button, go to the option below the media controls, then work from there. You can make individual playlist files on your PC or one huge one, doesn't matter, just use Windows Media Connect and make sure the folder's shared.

Since I have been too lazy to actually hook up my mp3 player to stream music, can you still hear the SFX or does the CS cover up all sounds from the game?

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Since I have been too lazy to actually hook up my mp3 player to stream music, can you still hear the SFX or does the CS cover up all sounds from the game?[/QUOTE]

You still hear the sfx. All the custom soundtrack really does is mute the music volume. Nothing amazing, but i'm so glad they have the option. Seriously, you haven't experienced COD2 until you're rushing during the Russian campaign into the enemy's building with the battle theme from Final Fantasy 2 playing.. then switching over to the victory theme when you clear the building.

Its amazing how people are having trouble understanding something as simple as playing custom soundtracks. I don't see how Microsoft could make it any easier. Try reading the goddamn manual that came with your 360.

[quote name='Scorch']what the hell? if it bothers you that much, turn the in-game music down, the sound effects up, and put on a CD. There you go, custom soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

You make it sound so simple. What about it games like NFL 2k5 where you only want clips of sound for a certain situation (a TD, interception,etc)? I guess this isnt an issue right now though since the best football game isnt even BC :whistle2:(

To the person inquiring about whether the system wirelessly connects to the PC, it does if you want it to. It connects to the PC through the network that your connected through. You have to download a client onto your PC that allows you to share files with the system.

Considering I have 40 gigs plus of music on my PC, it's not bad.

One thing to mention though, is that it doesn't work that great with CoD2. The background music doesn't turn off when you play music, probably because it's a port and they didn't forsee the whole custom soundtracks thing.

bread's done
Back