The worst of Super Nintendo

DigitalSpace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The SNES had a lot of great games... but, every system has crappy games as well. What do you guys think are the worst SNES games?

Here's my list:

Space Ace - I played this for 20 minutes and couldn't get past the first part where the guy has to dodge shots being fired at him. I couldn't dodge more than 3 shots. After that 20 minutes, I instantly took it back to Gamestop and exchanged it for another game (I forget which at the moment).

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story - I got this free from a friend and had I paid any amount of money for it, I would have felt ripped off. It's a fighting game where you can only play as Bruce Lee and the game follows the plot of the movie the game is based on pretty loosely.

Alien Vs. Predator - Crappy Final Fight rip-off where you play a Predator fighting aliens. It's easy to get all your enemies off one side of the screen and kick their asses. Only the bosses present anything close to a real challenge. It gets boring really fast.

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Eye Of The Beholder: It's a point and click game that's very slow and boring.

Oh yeah, I remember Bill Laimbeer. Still have it actually. It's too worthless to get rid of but it sucks so bad. Whoever thought mapping everything to only 1 button really shoulda been shot. Then again, it probably sold like shit anyway.

Spiderman/X-men Arcade's Revenge.

I went into this all excited, as I had recently played the great Genesis X-men game and expected that the addition of Spiderman could only help [back then I didn't fully understand the impact of how different developers approach creating games].

What I was met with was a poorly designed ["here's three lives, go beat 12 or so really difficult levels... without continues!"], ugly [small, unattractive characters] game that didn't exactly make spectacular use of the Spiderman or X-men licenses [see GOOD uses of them on the SNES with Maximum Carnage and X-men Mutant Apocalypse]. I used to play all my games to completion, without fail, but this was the first one that I can remember that I had no desire to finish. It was as if it was frustrating for the sole purpose of being frustrating.

Alien Vs Predator wasnt that bad. I played through it a few times on a rental.

Those Addams Family games sucked.

and Home Improvement. I wasnt gay enough to play it. But just looking at it in my nintendo power made me feel wrong.

I would say ultraman or super godzilla I loved to hate those game's because I loved the franchises but the games sucked.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']The SNES had a lot of great games... but, every system has crappy games as well. What do you guys think are the worst SNES games?

Here's my list:

Space Ace - I played this for 20 minutes and couldn't get past the first part where the guy has to dodge shots being fired at him. I couldn't dodge more than 3 shots. After that 20 minutes, I instantly took it back to Gamestop and exchanged it for another game (I forget which at the moment).

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story - I got this free from a friend and had I paid any amount of money for it, I would have felt ripped off. It's a fighting game where you can only play as Bruce Lee and the game follows the plot of the movie the game is based on pretty loosely.

Alien Vs. Predator - Crappy Final Fight rip-off where you play a Predator fighting aliens. It's easy to get all your enemies off one side of the screen and kick their asses. Only the bosses present anything close to a real challenge. It gets boring really fast.

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Eye Of The Beholder: It's a point and click game that's very slow and boring.[/quote]
So if you dont like that bruce lee game I take it you dont Like the new Bruce Lee game. Since all you do is play as Bruce Lee, I think the new one is cool, considering I only paid $5 for it.

Bebe's Kids deserves some kind of reward for it's awfulness. Imagine the Simpsons arcade game, reduced to the simplest form possible and control so unresponsive and slow, you'll swear your playing on a super slow and laggy internet connection.

Nolan Ryan Baseball. I've played just about every NES baseball game, and it's worse than any of those. Ditto for SNES baseball games. POS.

Every copy of Xardion should be set fire to and melted into a huge slag heap of CRAP.

They spent more time designing the mechs than they did programing that turd. The animation was almost nonexistant, the controlls were bearly passable, collision detection was probablu programed by a 5 year old that thought it would be cool if you fell off everything.... you know all the hate that I spewed here STILL isnt enough... I'd have to complain about this game for another hour just to get al the bile out of my system everytime I think of that game. UUUUGGGH.

[quote name='Alpha2']Every copy of Xardion should be set fire to and melted into a huge slag heap of CRAP.

They spent more time designing the mechs than they did programing that turd. The animation was almost nonexistant, the controlls were bearly passable, collision detection was probablu programed by a 5 year old that thought it would be cool if you fell off everything.... you know all the hate that I spewed here STILL isnt enough... I'd have to complain about this game for another hour just to get al the bile out of my system everytime I think of that game. UUUUGGGH.[/quote]

Lol I think I remember this game. Wasnt one of the Mechs a red one that had this head whip attack that shot out about 2 inches away from its head?

Votrex. I got it a few weeks ago thinking it would have to be decent or at least somewhat close in quality to the original Star Fox. Instead, the controls are terrible, morphing into different forms sucked, and other objects barely pop up on screen before I run into them. Just a terrible, terrible game and further proof that the only good FX game was Star Fox.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Bebe's Kids deserves some kind of reward for it's awfulness. Imagine the Simpsons arcade game, reduced to the simplest form possible and control so unresponsive and slow, you'll swear your playing on a super slow and laggy internet connection.[/quote]

pretty sure this was Nintendo Power's worst game of all time. I may be wrong, def. top three though

Yeah, it was. Back in 97, NP did a Top 100 games ever on Nintendo systems (Super Mario 64 was #1, I know, I was shocked too) as well as a Bottom 10. I even found the list. :twisted:

1. Bebe's Kids
2. Barbie's Super Model
3. Shaq-Fu
4. AD&D: Heroes of the Lance
5. Pit Fighter
6. Friday the 13th
7. Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City
8. Beethoven
9. Color a Dinosaur
10. The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle

I can only imagine the further flamewar this would have caused if NP published this today....

Spindizzy Worlds - I swear, it's like one of the only games I've played where the music made me nauseous. The gameplay is terrible as well.

Rise Of The Robots - Why in god's name would you make a fighting game where you can't select your own character? I think Player 2 had the option, but playing through the single player campaign, nothing. It was typical Acclaim crapola.

Bulls Vs. Blazers ... - One of the most boring basketball games I've ever played.

Mario Is Missing - First of all, this is an unoffical Mario adventure. Secondly, this is a video game that's supposed to be educational, and it fails at achieveing both levels. It's boring, stupid and disposable.

Sim Earth - Sim City for the Super NES was great, and I think it was due to the fact that Nintendo played a big part in the conversion. Sim Earth was handled by someone else, and as a result, this game is boring as hell. There's no real gameplay and no real fun. It's like these two games are on parallel ends of the simulation universe.

Test Drive 2: The Duel - Not horrible, but does a lot of things wrong. The game has an awful first-personesque perspective, there's only four cars and four tracks to choose from.

Dirt Trax FX - Probably too ambitious for the Super NES to pull off. At this point, the PlayStation and Saturn were released, and this game really had nothing on the games shown on said systems. This is a slow and somewhat sluggish motocross game.

[quote name='danny-o'][quote name='Alpha2']Every copy of Xardion should be set fire to and melted into a huge slag heap of CRAP.

They spent more time designing the mechs than they did programing that turd. The animation was almost nonexistant, the controlls were bearly passable, collision detection was probablu programed by a 5 year old that thought it would be cool if you fell off everything.... you know all the hate that I spewed here STILL isnt enough... I'd have to complain about this game for another hour just to get al the bile out of my system everytime I think of that game. UUUUGGGH.[/quote]

Lol I think I remember this game. Wasnt one of the Mechs a red one that had this head whip attack that shot out about 2 inches away from its head?[/quote]

I'd crank up the rom (you didnt think I'd still on the cart as shitty is it was did you?) to let you know but frankly I cant stop hating it long enough to. I can tell you they did some buisness where you have like 3 mechs, two humanoid and one cat that you had to switch between them untill you got the ability to join them togather voltron style into the Xardion mech.

Wow, Rise of the Robots brings back crappy memories. It wasn't even the lack of character select in 1-player mode, just the lack of moves. I think at most each bot had only 2 special moves. So you just know they had to make a sequel, Rise 2: Resurrection (which I'm sure was equally as bad).

[quote name='Ramen_Boy']F-Zero sucked
Scooby Doo sucked
Lion King sucked
Toy Story sucked
Earthbound.....was o.k. :roll:[/quote]

denis who?

[quote name='danny-o']Alien Vs Predator wasnt that bad. I played through it a few times on a rental.

Those Addams Family games sucked.

and Home Improvement. I wasnt gay enough to play it. But just looking at it in my nintendo power made me feel wrong.[/quote]

so that is to say that your gay, just not "enough" to play it? :shock:

I had Laimbeer too. Looking back I guess it was bad, but I did have a little bit of fun with it. This was one of the very first SNES games, almost right at launch. Against the computer was horrible and too easy, but two-player I had a little something. I used to play with a buddy of mine who was absoloutely terrible at it, I would shut him out, he wouldn't even score once. One time this let to a near real-life brawl (hey, we were kids.) Ah, the memories. :lol:

Roger Clemens Baseball was really bad.

[quote name='Mafia']Oh yeah, I remember Bill Laimbeer. Still have it actually. It's too worthless to get rid of but it sucks so bad. Whoever thought mapping everything to only 1 button really shoulda been shot. Then again, it probably sold like shit anyway.[/quote]

I got Revolution X for christmas b/c they knew i was a fan of Aerosmith...I have never played a worse game in my life. Most of the cart had the same 5-second bridge from 'Eat The Rich' or 'Love in an Elevator' and the occasional sound clip from a grainy as hell Steven Tyler. The rest was crap shot em up that used pac man dots as bullets and CD's(?) as weapons. So damn worthless...

Revolution X was an excellent arcade machine in its time... I remember pumping quarters into that machine at one point in my life.

I remember someone (a friend? my brother?) playing Home Improvement once just for laughs. Horrid.

Rise of the Robots was hailed as the second coming for video games, then you actually played it for two seconds...

Shaq-Fu and Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City. Both feature basketball players...THAT AREN'T PLAYING BASKETBALL. Never played the MJ game because I had been scarred by Shaq-Fu.

Other notables: the Bubsy games (mainly the second one), Beavis and Butthead, American Gladiators, Hammerlock Wrestling, Lester the Unlikely, Incredible Hulk, and any game featuring the Simpsons.

Bump for the newer CAG's and those who missed it the first time around. Here's a couple more I recommend avoiding:

-Radical Psycho Machine (RPM) Racing - It's very slow and the gameplay is abysmal at best. Fortunately, the engine was improved greatly in Rock N Roll Racing.

-ABC Monday Night Football - Lost in a sea of SNES football titles, and for good reason.

[quote name='vanlandw']godzilla for the NES is the worst game ever....PERIOD[/QUOTE]

This is seriously tied with Little Nemo: The Dream Master for my favorite NES game of all time. I played the hell out of Godzilla, and I still do.

As for the worst games, Xardion made me want to jump out a window.

Rap Jam - Atrocious Basketball Game with rappers such as Queen Latifah and Coolio.

ABC Monday Nght Football - One of the worst games ever, IMHO.

Anyone remember the original NHL 93 for SNES? It was horrible compared to its Genesis counterpart. Could never figure out why that happened....

Recently bought AvP for SNES complete, expecting a half way decent game, and I must concur, the game is shit.

[quote name='PsyClerk']

Other notables: the Bubsy games (mainly the second one), Beavis and Butthead, American Gladiators, Hammerlock Wrestling, Lester the Unlikely, Incredible Hulk, and any game featuring the Simpsons.[/QUOTE]

I always wondered what Lester the Unlikely was like. it looks like a Leisure Suit larry Sprite somewhat..

The worst game I've ever played on the SNES is Outlander. By far. Crappy graphics and background, torturing music and no story. On top of that you are given one life and no continues.
I could still hit myself for iumporting that game and paying a shitload for it because it wasn't released here.

Stunt Race FX is pretty terrible too. I picked it up from EB at the start of the school year as I kinda like to see the evolution of things like this (where have the polygon games progressed from, etc.). But man, it only uses like 1/2 of the screen and still is running at about 4fps. It's pretty unplayable. At least someone had entered in the intials "TIT" as their name on the game before I owned it. That at least gave my friends and I something to laugh about admist our vomiting sessions from the motion sickness.

Stunt Race FX is available in my trade list now!!!! ;)

I remember Lester the Unlikely as being pretty decent. It played alot like Prince of Persia/Flashback.

One of the worst snes games I ever had the displeasure of playing had to be Ren & Stimpy: Firedogs. ugghhh...

I actually liked Stunt Race FX and Vortex back then when they came out, before all those 3D graphic cards came out that can pump 30fps or more. So I never thought those FX games running at 5fps ever annoyed me. Of course now when I pop them back in to play, I get motion sickness because they're so choppy.

I honestly never played a crappy SNES game. Then again I didn't play too many SNES games either.

It's amazing how people seem to forget all these crappy SNES games and only focus on the good ones.

How many of these games were lame platformers ? Looking back I'm glad I skipped the 16 bit gen. I don't feel like I missed that much.

bread's done
Back