Rez $49.99 new at GameQuestDirect

norkusa

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Didn't see this posted here yet so I thought I'd be the first to break it. Somone from Digital Press just posted this news of a Rez re-print. Looks like it finally happened for real this time:

[quote name='"gameplayer69"']here is a link, i think its a good deal

http://www.gamequestdirect.com/010086630008.html

Not sure how long this will last.

Update found a coupon code to get free shipping with code

"cubivore"

Hope that helps.[/quote]

It's a Thanksgiving miracle!

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']I got suckered on Rhapsody. I won't get suckered by them again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think everyone learned their lesson now. Still, for anyone that wanted to play the game, $50 is a good deal compared to what they were selling on Ebay for.

[quote name='norkusa']Didn't see this posted here yet so I thought I'd be the first to break it. Somone from Digital Press just posted this news of a Rez re-print. Looks like it finally happened for real this time:

It's a Thanksgiving miracle![/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl:

Man, Alonzo sure is going to be pissed off when he reads this.

As for me, great news, owned the game once and sold it, and Sega has been talking reprint for a long long time now... great news indeed. $49.99 though... ouch.

I guess we're finally seeing the end to game "collecting" now, in a sense. Can't wait for that Valkyrie Profile reprint, since it will be the last pricey one in this trifecta of games to be reprinted.

Can someone please explain the whole "Rhapsody ordeal" that I've heard mentioned on here before? It seems to have pissed a lot of people off..

[quote name='Camwi']Can someone please explain the whole "Rhapsody ordeal" that I've heard mentioned on here before? It seems to have pissed a lot of people off..[/QUOTE]

the company said they had them in stock .. even thought they knew it was a reprint they didnt say anything and people thought they found the RARE First prints of the game. hell even some people orders got damaged in shipment and they didnt even do anything about it..

i had one with a broken case and First they said they would refund 5 bucks for the case then they took it down to 3 bucks , then they said return the game BUT when i asked for a return number they never emailed me back and i was stuck with a piece of shit game with a broken case....

I will never ever buy off this company again and i hope everyone blacklist the company.. i mean they wouldnt even take a damaged game back even after they said they would But they never gave me a Return number

Whatever, I was satisfied with my purchases of Rhapsody and Persona 2, since I actually wanted new copies for my collection and playing purposes, not to keep in shrinkwrap and shit.

I'll probably order this next week.

[quote name='Camwi']Can someone please explain the whole "Rhapsody ordeal" that I've heard mentioned on here before? It seems to have pissed a lot of people off..[/QUOTE]

everyone wanted it because it's rare, then it un-rared, now they are stuck with a game about singing fairies made for 12 year old girls.

How about you just pick it up at Gamestop? Every store will a bunch used for $45 soon. Wait for a B2G1 sale and it's cheap as hell. Buy it with Gitaroo Man.

I was ripped of by GQD as well for Rhapsody and Persona 2 and I bought them to play. I could've bought them at Gamestop new (w/o shrinkwrap) for $40 each -10% and get a free $40 used game (B2G1) with them. The PS2 reprints are gonna be $45 each at GS. Still a great deal after card/sales. If you honestly don't care about the shrinkwrap you WOULD buy the reprints at GS instead of going against the grain just to justify your previous purchases. That is, unless you're a dirty RAG.

[quote name='Apossum']everyone wanted it because it's rare, then it un-rared, now they are stuck with a game about singing fairies made for 12 year old girls.[/QUOTE]

AHHAHAHAHA werd up.

god i fucking hate GQD. the one rare game i was actually foregoing playing because it was so rare, and it gets reprinted. Gitaroo Man i bought cheap, Persona 2 i already had, Rhapsody seemingly too gay to play, and Cubivore i'd passed up many times before, but my own personal holy grail, Rez, why???

wow this sucks monkey balls. why do they do this? I hated when they reprinted DBGT. I had it too. O well. I wanted to play this game for some time, but not for $50, ill wait until someone sells it for $25.

[quote name='Apossum']everyone wanted it because it's rare, then it un-rared, now they are stuck with a game about singing fairies made for 12 year old girls.[/QUOTE]

So true, so true. I got one from GS at a B2G1 free. I put the game in my PS2 and left the room for a while to check on something. When I came back downstairs I heard this weird musical type song. I thought someone had turned the station or something. To my dissapointment it was Rhapsody. I still haven't played it after that ordeal.

Wait... I'm confused. Is this a reprint? Why is everyone so mad at GDQ? I guess I've been out of the game for a bit to long...

Um, I don't get it.

Why is everyone so upset. This game sells for way too much otherwise.

I was satisified with Rhapsody and Persona 2. Gamequestdirect.com made me a satisfied customer. They respond to emails and answer questions. I don't get it why everyone is upset.

People have been raving to me how dumbfoundingly great this game is.

Why should I not buy it?

It's only "dumbfoundingly great" if it's hard to find and expensive. Once it's selling like a normal game it will be a "generic shooter" again. :roll:

I believe people also called Atlus, denied it, then later admitted to it.

Yup, that is a reason to be raging mad.

[quote name='MightySlacker']What boggles the mind even more is that the new grail of ps2 games is..... WORLD OF OUTLAW SPRINT CARS 2002

Dave[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think we'll see that getting a reprint. Collectors should horde that one!

As for the Rez reprint I say :applause:

More people will finally get to play this great game.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']damn, oh well i got this game for like 15 bucks, but seriously, i should have sold it for 60 when i could.[/QUOTE]

sell it right now before the word gets out. you still have a little time.

a reprint?!? yes!!! finally, i can play this game without mortgaging my house. i'll probably wait for gs.com to get it, and then do a fatty purchase with disgaea. thanks a pants-load, op.

[quote name='nikkai']Why wouldn't you wait?[/QUOTE]
It'd probably be a good $15 cheaper, that's why.

Addendum: Meh, Gamestop is only five bucks cheaper. Ordered! Woo! Spending money!

[quote name='b3b0p']Um, I don't get it.

Why is everyone so upset. This game sells for way too much otherwise.

I was satisified with Rhapsody and Persona 2. Gamequestdirect.com made me a satisfied customer. They respond to emails and answer questions. I don't get it why everyone is upset.

People have been raving to me how dumbfoundingly great this game is.

Why should I not buy it?[/QUOTE]

Like RE2, RE3, Rhapsody, Persona 2, et al. the problem withg gamequest comes from the fact that since these are reprints, the manufacturer's suggested price is usually lower than $50. Gamequest gets these games in first but within a month all the other game stores will get them in and sell them for $10-30 cheaper. So if you really want to save money, wait a month or so and buy it elsewhere for cheaper.

Since i'm the only one who knows the truth about the game. Item has been indeed reprinted, exclusively for gamequest and gamequestdirect. When it came to rhapsody and persona 2. We never claimed it being reprinted or denied it. Everyone came to their own conclusions regarding that game being reprinted or not being reprinted due to the calls made to Atlus which denied any reprints were made. Than Atlus accepted a remake did occur. The truth be told. This game will not be going to Gamestop. You can buy now with free shipping code "rezcag". Which can be used to get this game with free shipping. All i have to say, i'm working on some things for cag members in the future. I try to offer deals to end users, instead of horders who buy too many and than complain when they can't sell on ebay. We want cag members to get games they enjoy at a reasonable cost, which we try very hard to do. When horders complain since they can't make money by reselling on ebay, it is not our responsibility to solve there problems when they overbuy.

Slidecage, pm me your details and i will credit your account for the $5.00 for broken case or paypal it to.

:applause: I picked one Yesterday from local Mall in santa ana and it was brand new w/o the whiteseal but I got it for $50.00....$53.85 to be exact. Now I can skip ebay and go to GQ for games that I had to pay sh*t amount to all those horders. They had Gitaroo Man as well which I skipped. There prices are high but you can get the game which otherwise I have to buy from ebay.

They're charging an extra $50 on Amazon, too.

If they reprint Valkyrie Profile, I'm going to sell all my systems, because it is ALL OVER. I just paid $100 for that game a week ago.

This was a small reprint. If you know the game contains lots of music which must be licensed, so it wasn't going to a cheap remake either. So licensing costs added quite a bit to the price of the game.

I got owned by their constant lying, which ended up costing me $108 for Rhapsody and Persona 2 whereas if they told me the truth, I could've gotten both games for $30 each a month after the reprint.

They can kiss my ass if they think they're ever getting my business again. I'll just wait for the inevitable price drop on eBay.:lol:

Hahah, World of Outlaws is awesome. After I realized the rarity of that game I found about 8 copies at random Gamerushes for $6.99 each and 3 new copies at Meijer for $19.99.

Yep, well said... the dreams of ebay dollars were destroyed... leaving behind bitter little hoarders.

[quote name='spankmenow420']Now only if suikoden 2 could be remade. Gamequest can kill all dreams of ebay fortunes and maybe let people play there games.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Suikoden II is one of the few rare games I really want to play. I played Rez before and thought it was extremely overrated, nowhere near a great experience like many people say it is (and I'm a huge fan of games like Amplitude). How does Gamequestdirect always seem to be the first to get reprints like this?

bread's done
Back